Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 06-14-2021, 05:30 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Aly, I usually watch one of my favorite Twilight Zones episodes before bed, Night of the Meek, about an alcoholic department store Santa who finds a big bag of gifts and gives them out to everyone he meets.

Grateful that Billie's vet appt is tomorrow. She'll get her shots, and her butt squeezed and her nails trimmed.

And even better than that, on Thursday I have an appt to finally get my pandemic hair cut!! It's been well over a year since I had my hair cut and OMG does it look and feel awful.

Grateful also to share a hard boiled egg with Billie. I gave her half of it and boy, did she scarf it down! Grateful that being sober means I'm a good dog mom.
Old 06-14-2021, 06:26 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Thanks Aly! I hope everything goes well with you and your doctors....I'm glad to be here with all the grateful folks!!...least sweet dreams I wish for you no more nightmares! I love the Twilight zone..I remember a episode with Burgess Meredith in it and he was addicted to reading...
I'm grateful for the word grateful...It reminds me of the Grateful Dead which I like
I'm grateful for my in person AA meetings again
I'm grateful that I've had no desire for alcohol
Old 06-14-2021, 06:40 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Good luck with everything, Least, esp the haircut. I'm sure you'll look very glamorous!

Oh, Boondock, I went to college at Florida State in Tallahassee. I absolutely loved Tallahassee. I'm not saying how long it has been since I've been there, but I wonder if it's still kind of the same. I was coming from Chicago at the time and I'd never seen such a small airport in my life! That's what I loved about it. it was the first small town I'd lived in and I still think I may like to retire there. Tallahassee, for me, had such charm, all the Spanish moss, hills and foresty areas. People were so very polite too!
Take care all!
Old 06-14-2021, 10:47 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Grateful a rough day is coming to an end
Grateful for my cogs, especially Daisy sitting on my lap
Grateful for credible news sources
Grateful for healthy food
Grateful for time to get caught up at work, and prepare for a lot of meetings next week
Old 06-15-2021, 05:48 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Grateful to be heading back into the office today, I'm happy about being there two days a week, it's just an adjustment.
Grateful to have some guitar time last night.
Grateful that all of our needs are met in our home, and grateful for our comfort during the pandemic.
Grateful that I made it through an extremely busy day yesterday with my sanity intact
Old 06-15-2021, 08:42 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Oh, Fearless, I sure hope today is better for you. Sending love and prayers to a truly wonderful person. Take good care of yourself and hoping the Cogs are doing well.
Just wanted to check in and even though I've been stressed about a few things (I guess who isn't these days?), I'm maintaining and trying very hard to Let Go and Let God. It seems the best way. I get in my own way sometimes. Better if I step aside sometimes.
Love and peace to all on bedtime grats. 🧡💛💚💙💜
Old 06-15-2021, 08:06 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Catching up after working like crazy, going out of town and being sick. Boondock I laughed out loud when I read that you are grateful for your good health despite extended defilement. I feel the same way!
Daisy, you and Mandy have been on my mind and my heart a lot lately. Sending you and both your families my love.
Grateful to be feeling well enough to go back to work today. Grateful to have seen my adorable nieces and nephew recently. Grateful to be sober through it all. Even being sick, I'm grateful that I'm not sick from a hangover. Grateful to take things one day at a time. Grateful to have a comfy bed and a nice breeze from the ceiling fan on me. Grateful for my dogs and cat and our lovingly codependent relationships. Grateful for all of you. Good night.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:15 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Hey Aly, I live way down in south east Florida in northern Palm Beach county on the coast. I haven't been up around Tallahassee in probably about 10 years, but your right it is a beautiful area with all the big Oak trees draped in Spanish moss it's definitely got southern charm. I used to go up that way quite a bit because I had older family members like great aunts and uncles in Mobile and Pensacola and on the drive back instead of just driving straight home.
I would tour around and camp at state parks and visit cities. I went to most of the beautiful natural springs and went tubing and stuff like that.
So...I'm grateful for my home state of Florida
I'm grateful that I live in America the land of abundance
I'm grateful I was raised in the Baptist church (It gave me a good foundation even though at this point I would classify myself as a former philosophically moral drunk...lol)
Whatever that means, right?
I'm grateful to be here with all the sober grateful people!!
Old 06-15-2021, 10:45 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Aly. Yes, today was better 😊
AT, hope you are feeling better soon
Grateful Mr F found a way to hang up the garden art so it doesn’t blow away or hurt the fence
Grateful to help sonny boy organize his room and prepare for painting which we will start tomorrow
Grateful to walk down town without a mask first time since the nightmare began
Grateful to think of my Dad
Grateful to feel my feelings
Grateful to watch Sweet Tooth
Grateful to make paninis for dinner
Old 06-16-2021, 05:48 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful we didn't have much damage at all after the brief storm last night.
Grateful to relax for a few hours but still hit the treadmill before bedtime.
Grateful for a visit and heartfelt talk with an old coworker, I am praying that he chooses a better life over what he believes is his fate.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:10 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

with Burgess Meredith in it and he was addicted to reading...
That could either be Time enough at last, where he's the only survivor of a nuclear blast and is overjoyed to find the library, then breaks his glasses. Or it could be Obsolete Man, where he's condemned to death because he's an 'obsolete' librarian. Both good episodes.

AT, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Fearless, glad today was better than yesterday.

Tonight I'm grateful for my brother, for coming to my rescue.
Old 06-16-2021, 06:55 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Least, Time enough at last is the one I was talking about and now that you mention it I've seen the other episode too.
Aly, I hope your mom is doing ok cherish every moment you have with her, it'll be a year in early July since my mom passed away. so..
I'm grateful for the time I got to spend with my mom before she died.
I'm grateful for deep sleep...I am now sleeping the sleep of the just...lol
I'm grateful for the opportunity to help others
I'm grateful for all my new friends here on SR

Old 06-16-2021, 09:18 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hey all, the next few months I will be with kind of couch hoping around to different family members. It is wonderful catching up after the long separation caused by the pandemic.

Today I'm grateful for:
getting to visit with my Dad
interaction with great nieces (1.5 and 4 years old)
a young inlaw who stayed late after dinner on a work night just to visit with me and his father-in-law

My family sure has its many problems but they make my life possible and I am so grateful.
Old 06-16-2021, 11:08 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Boondock I’m sorry you lost your mom last year. Glad you got to spend time with her. I hope you cherish the memories. I lost my dad as well ❤️
Grateful for all of you. There’s always so much I want to say at night. But I am so tired! I’m going to bed too late these days. Need to change that
Grateful to remember I don’t have to explain or justify my actions to anyone but myself
Grateful to remove myself from mama drama 😜
Old 06-17-2021, 06:12 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful for some time on the treadmill again, I'm reading a book while I get more steps in.
Grateful that our mornings aren't roasting hot yet, I can still take walks without sweating up a storm.
Grateful for my work-from-home days, I'm appreciating that work schedule more than ever.
Grateful to be invited to travel to Vegas for work, crossing my fingers I'm selected.
Grateful I have dinner and breakfast dates with friends tonight and tomorrow.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:10 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Thank you for that, Boondock. My mom and I have always had a rather strained relationship. I need to remember that she probably doesn't have much time left here and try a little harder. I've always wanted to have a good relationship with her. I feel like I'm often left wondering what I did wrong.
Grateful to get my eye appt over with this morning. My glasses didn't turn out very well. Everything is blurry. So mr. eye doctor and I are going to have a little chat and he'd better fix these $1,000 glasses or he will have a big problemo. I am hoping for the best and giving good vibes for a good outcome.
Have a great one to all our gratters.
Love and peace to you all. Such great people here.

Old 06-17-2021, 07:00 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Astro, we’ve taken all the roasting hotness over here! Have fun with your friends
(((Aly)))
Grateful to talk to sonny boy about protecting a friends feelings
Grateful for air conditioning!
Grateful to went for a run before it heated up. Hopefully will do the same tomorrow
Grateful to be able to help and be valued at work
Grateful for Beyond sausages. Gotta watch the sodium though
Grateful sonny boy is so sweet to the cogs
Grateful to be posting early. We are watching Lego Masters, Holy Moly and Sweet Tooth tonight. Grateful to be a couch potato
Old 06-18-2021, 04:30 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Fearless, who am I kidding, this is Phoenix, it's been hot for the last 51 years I've lived here!

Grateful for the AC, pool, cold water, anything that brings a little relief.
Grateful for my friends Jeff & Scott, it was so good to see them again last night.
Grateful to sit down with my guitar and begin on learning two new songs.
Grateful my compression socks showed up from Amazon yesterday, just in time to try them out over the weekend to see if they make work any easier.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:12 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Tonight I'm grateful that Billie at a small supper after throwing up several times today and refusing her breakfast. At least she ate something, and I gave her a couple Tbs of pumpkin to soothe her stomach. I love my beagirl.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:14 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Tonight I'm grateful that I didn't fall asleep before I did bedtime grateful. I'm grateful that even though it's been hot and rainy the mosquitos are at a minimum.
I'm grateful for hot showers.
I'm grateful for my new book...The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
I'm grateful it's not going to rain tomorrow so I can take a walk on the beach.
I'm grateful for the day I said good riddance to the booze.......buena bebida alcoholica!!