Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 06-01-2021, 03:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for my reasonably good health. Grateful for Billie and Lily and Franny, my sweet critter companions.

Old 06-01-2021, 05:51 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi all. I don’t remember how to post a photo here. It’s strange because even though I’m not the most tech savvy person, I can post photos to FB, Instagram, most other social media and websites. But this one asks for a URL and I’m not aware of a photo URL. Anyway, I was trying to post a pic of the succulent garden 🪴 😊
Old 06-01-2021, 06:33 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fearless, I use www.postimages.org and it's easy. Just choose your size (forums and message boards) and then click on 'choose images' and select your image from your computer. Open it and wait til it's uploaded, then click on/copy the "hotlink for message boards". Then paste that link into your post.
Old 06-01-2021, 08:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks, Least! Fearless I can't wait to see your succulent garden! I think I need to wait a while to get my Japanese maple too...we can dream together.
Grateful to get some work done on my teaching job. I'm regretting taking it but I need to make it work and just get over myself.
Grateful to give some things away on my neighborhood buy nothing Facebook group. Such a great resource.
Grateful to be seeing a lot of clients this week.
Old 06-01-2021, 09:11 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Good evening all, I didn't have the best day but it wasn't bad.

A teenage boy in my household is trying to fix up a motorcycle and an aging neighbor is an ace mechanic. Today, I went with aforementioned kid over to the neighbors to get a battery charged. Life isn't a Norman Rockwell painting but there are moments and I do enjoy them. Good conversation on the neighbors doorstep about carburetors and gas stabilizer. I know that this is a nice distraction for the neighbor who has an invalid wife. Also any interactions that a teenager can have with adults is good in my book. Good stuff.

Also, got some pictures hung, a box unpacked and some yard work hacked away at.

Sleep well all.
Old 06-01-2021, 10:01 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Least. If I don’t fall asleep, I’ll try it tonight. Otherwise, will check it out later. I k ow Dee had posted that link before and I was able to do it but didn’t save the link. So thank you 🙏
Glad I’m not the only one holding off on the Japanese Maple. Thanks AT 😊
Bekind, always enjoy your stories
Grateful to reflect on my actions today. My ego and maybe also insecurity caused me to be overly aggressive and defensive, and even unkind toward another person I work with on a client team. I know what I would do differently the next time
Grateful Lego masters builders is back for next season. Sonny boy loves that show
Grateful Mr F is taking karate now. Wants to work toward a black belt. It’s a bucket list thing. Sonny boy also thinks he may want to keep at it now for second degree. We shall see
Grateful Mr F wants to go away for a Romantic getaway. We need it
Grateful for homemade figgy pops
Old 06-01-2021, 10:07 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

url=https://postimg.cc/Lq2bJXJx][/url]

Old 06-01-2021, 10:14 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

a close up of the small succulent area. This is part of a larger area I’m still filling in 😊

the second pic is my veggie herb starter garden. These are all babies (kale, green beans, basil, chive, rosemary, zucchini and tomatoes. Can’t wait for the harvest!

Old 06-02-2021, 05:42 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Beautiful yard, Fearless!

Grateful for the salad we made last night with cucumber and cherry tomatoes from our garden, and grateful for the butter chicken and rice too.
Grateful I had some time to putter around and relax by the pool when I got home yesterday, it's getting stupidly hot as it does every summer here.
Grateful that the mornings are still somewhat cool for my motorcycle rides to the office.
Old 06-02-2021, 04:49 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fearless, I love your gardens! Thanks for the pictures!

Tonight I'm grateful for the wisdom that came (albeit painfully) with age. I wish I could impart some of it to my daughter. She is going thru a rough patch and is consumed with depression and self loathing. I was in that position and want to tell her that it can and will get better a little at a time, if you work at it.
Old 06-02-2021, 06:08 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Beautiful succulents, Fearless!!! Love your drought effiecient garden! Very pretty.
Astro, must be wonderful to have veggies from your garden.
Also thank you, Fearless and Least for checking on me. I'm so thankful I have such wonderful friends here who understand how difficult it can be to put an animal down. I'm very grateful for friends and others who have been there for me. For me, it is truly like losing a limb, they become so much a part of who I am. Grateful to have grieved and starting to feel better.
Grateful to feel grateful again.
love to you all.
Love, prayers, and peace to all, esp to anyone struggling or suffering in any way.
Old 06-02-2021, 07:14 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Heya Fearless, loving the succulent garden. I've been digging around in my own rock garden. It is overgrown and I kind of plant at will but I still enjoy it. Also have a hug for whatever kerfuffle happened with your colleague. Irk.

Tonight I'm thankful that:
- I got a walk in this morning
- there was left over Thai Ice Tea when I took a break
-I got the chain saw up and running (Also derailed the chain but I will figure it out)
- my sister and nephew will be visiting my Dad

Aly, I want to think that there is a fuzzy angel haunting you at times.
Old 06-02-2021, 08:00 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Fearless it looks so good!!! I love the succulents against the background of light rocks. Well done!!! You're motivating me to get off my tuchus and work on my planters.
Grateful for a really nice meeting with one of my students and her supervisors today. We talked a lot about how in the US we have this individualistic approach to healing but in many parts of the world, healing from trauma is a communal undertaking. I would like to be less individualistic and tap into community more. Grateful to have that brought to my attention.
Grateful to order my new refrigerator today. Grateful to watch a movie tonight and have a low key evening. Good night, all!
Old 06-03-2021, 06:19 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Least, how well I remember that loathing and depression, so dark and it doesn't seem so long ago. I hope your daughter comes through this OK and I'm grateful that you are example in her life.

Grateful for the baby quail being herded by their parents around our neighborhood.
Grateful to learn a new easy classic rock tune on my guitar last night.
Grateful to be back at home working for a few days.

Old 06-03-2021, 04:57 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Billie ate and enjoyed the little bites of fruit she got with her supper. Pears, peaches, and pineapple. She sure gets a balanced diet. Probably better than mine...

Grateful to my brother for taking me to the store today so I could get some much needed cat food. I splurged and got two big bags instead of my usual one bag. So now I've got 32 lbs of cat food. That will last quite a while. Gotta feed the strays...
Old 06-03-2021, 05:41 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Grateful that Least is such a kind person.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:13 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's been at least 15 yrs since I started feeding and sheltering the stray cats around my house. It's just part of my routine now, to make sure they have food and water twice a day, and the shelters have straw inside to snuggle into, and the catnip I sprinkle in there entices them in. They come in for the catnip and stay for the warmth.

They can't help that they're homeless. I try to make their short lives a little better. It's the primary reason I stay in this house. I love the neighborhood and who would take care of the strays if I weren't here??

I had some roast beef for my mow lunch today so I saved some and gave it to the raggedy old b/w tomcat who's been hanging around lately. He made short work of it, licked the container clean. I was glad to give him a treat, something special after always eating the dry cat food.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:31 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Ah Least that is lovely.

I'm grateful today for having some people around. It gave a bit of a boost to my energy and I got a lot done.

Peace to all
Old 06-04-2021, 06:06 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The mountains, my fishing buddies, and Tonto Creek are calling. I think I have my wife convinced into camping this weekend, staying through Monday and working from our camper. I'm very grateful for these opportunities for us to relax when possible.
Grateful for the bicycle ride I took yesterday afternoon, it wasn't so hot that it was unbearable.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:13 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Least