Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 86

Old 02-08-2020, 10:47 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Grateful for the warm welcome and support from all of you.
Grateful for passing a tough Friday and Saturday and going to bed sober for the 4th night in a row.
Grateful for being able to go out for a nice dinner with the fam.
Praying that Aly and Astro find some relief from the aches and pains they have.
Thanks Aly for your comment about my photo - the woods where I ski look a lot like this... I'm grateful for that too!
Old 02-08-2020, 11:17 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Birkie, congratulations on your 4th night!
Fearless, it’s good to hear that emotions become easier to cope with in time. That gives me great hope.

Grateful for the family swim night at the pool
where my daughter has her swim lessons; we had a great time. Grateful for the quality of my interactions with my family afforded by sobriety. Grateful that when I fantasize about a glass of wine or a pint, I can assuage the AV with a large diet coke from McDonald’s. (I don’t know what it is, but the extra-cold fizz just does something extremely satisfying.) Grateful that I have this forum to turn to every night and be so
inspired by everyone.

Thank you.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:36 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I like your photo a lot Birkie, it reminds me of my annual snowshoeing trips with my children in northern AZ.

I'm adding an ice pack to the things I'm grateful for today. I was able to get a couple hours sleep thankfully but the pain from the bursitis is really extreme. Skipping church this morning, going to take it as easy as possible and alternate between ice pack and heating pad.
Old 02-09-2020, 04:02 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Grateful to be going to bed sober again tonight.
Grateful to take g.son to an extra karate lesson today.
Grateful to do a little more de-cluttering, I'm onto toys and games now, stuff that g.son has outgrown and no longer plays with, they can go to the charity shop for some other child to play with.
Grateful I've not had to travel far whilst storm Kira has been raging, she's still raging now.
Grateful that the storm has not caused any damage, other than a few pots rolling round the garden, we've been so lucky.
Grateful Birkie is on sober night no. 4, that's excellent, keep it up, 4 nights is a good place to be.
Grateful Althea has had some quality sober family time.
Grateful Astro managed to get a couple of hours sleep. I'm sorry you're suffering with bursitis Astro, I know how painful that is, ouch.
Grateful Fearless has managed to get some time to herself, that is so important.
Aly, I hope you are okay, sending you love and healing vibes.
Grateful to be here with the kindest people I know. Thank you. xxx
Old 02-09-2020, 08:27 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep and being able to sleep in on a Sunday morning.
Grateful for some quality time with my son today and being able to help him with his homework.
Grateful for the support from all of you.
Glad to hear that you are able to stay safely at home during the storm Daisybelle - sounds like nasty weather!
Astro - Yes Northern Arizona is a beautiful place! I visited some of the parks there and in southern Utah about a month ago and loved it! Hope you're feeling a little better.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:10 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Daisybelle, it’s good to hear that you haven’t suffered from damage. Birkie, happy to hear that you enjoyed quality time with your son. Astro, I pray that you feel better soon.

Grateful for the chance to bake a confetti cake with my little one—she’s been wanting to bake one for a while now. Grateful that afternoon exhaustion didn’t
last too long. Grateful to weather the tough times my husband and I are going through atm sober and calm. Grateful for the beautiful moon. Grateful for my loving parents. Grateful for all of this support and for all of you.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:12 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  
mergirl

Grateful

Grateful this website is still up and running, it's been a long bunch of years since I last visited
grateful to and for my connection to a higher power
Grateful I didn't reach out to unsafe people for comfort tonight and came here instead
Grateful to be traveling in New Zealand for the first time
Grateful for a roof, bed and sleep soon
Old 02-10-2020, 04:42 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Gypsy Feet, I'm glad you found your way here again!

Thank you all for the prayers and kind words.

Grateful I had enough common sense to spend yesterday on the couch alternating between ice packs and the heating pad. Grateful I'm able to grind through some of the pain this morning and get myself dressed for work. Grateful I asked a client to delay some physical work, digging holes will only make this worse.
Old 02-10-2020, 07:53 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to see GypsyFeet again! It's been a while.

Grateful for friends.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:48 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Birkie, congrats on your 4th sober night! It might be 5th now?
Althea, glad you had quality time with your family. Diet Coke has always been. My go to as well!
Daisy, stay safe and out of that storm. Don’t hate me but the weather where I am has been absolutely gorgeous! 78 degrees today and a calm breeze . Hoping you get good weather again soon
Astro, hope you are feeling better. I have been using heating pad too for other reasons. Love the heating pad - just wish it was t necessary
Good to see you Gypsy Feet
Aly, I hope you are well tonight
Grateful for least and Billie

Grateful to be back to eating healthy again
Grateful work was manageable today
Grateful sonny boy gave me an education about Eulers number (pronounced Oiler). Not really but it was interesting anyway and I am so grateful he hasn’t asked me for help because I’d be clueless. Even though his Dad is good at math, I think this stuff would be over his head too
Grateful my friend booked a comedy show for a double date night
Grateful for all of you
Old 02-10-2020, 10:05 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Gypsy Feet!

Fearless, I have to confess, I would have caved today around 3pm had it not been for a cold diet coke.

Grateful that I sassed the hell out of AV today. Grateful that I was able to play the tape forward, something I learned to do on SR and is indispensable in staying sober, I find. Grateful for my cozy pjs and bed, and a great book to fall asleep in later.

As always, sincerely grateful for all of you. I don’t
know that I can manage without your inspiring journeys and support.
and support.
Old 02-10-2020, 10:27 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
mergirl

Originally Posted by least View Post
grateful to see gypsyfeet again! It's been a while.

Grateful for friends.
❤️🤗❤️
Old 02-11-2020, 04:54 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Grateful my doctor got me in for a look yesterday, I have some nerve problems in my shoulder and need to have a minor outpatient procedure done on my knee. Grateful for the cold rain, we always need the moisture here.
Old 02-11-2020, 10:51 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, Fearless for thinking of me. I hope all is well with you. A comedy night sounds wonderful. We used to go to comedy clubs all the time in SF when I was younger. A lot of famous comics came through here before they were famous. I saw Jerry Seinfeld at the Comedy Club in SF just before he broke into the big time. Have fun!
Grateful for my friends who find time to think of me when the going isn't so great right now. Just a phase I'm going through. It will pass, surely.
Grateful to have turned my notice in at the Thrift Store. I guess the ladies who are mean over rode the ones who are so nice finally. Too bad people have to behave badly and rudely so consistently. Like some people have pointed out, I'm not getting paid, so I should at least get some satisfaction out of it. I have some doctors appts I need to make. These doctors are good ones. I have to finish out my Botox injections. 31 injections to the head, surprisingly very little pain, at least for me.
Grateful for all of you and your wonderful posts. All my love to each of you so very much! ♥♥♥
Old 02-11-2020, 04:45 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your concerns about our stormy weather. It's still wild and windy out there, with more severe weather warnings for the weekend. I'm so lucky where I live, we haven't been affected by the soul destroying floods that so many have. I'm grateful for that.

Astro, I hope you don't have to wait long for your procedure and I hope it is 100% successful.

Grateful to be going to bed sober again tonight.
Grateful I had no car problems today, my tyre burst yesterday morning whilst I was driving and it was a bit of a day, with one thing and another. All is okay though.
Grateful to be able to take Mr D.B for an endoscopy this afternoon, even though they had to abandon it as he panicked and his blood pressure was through the roof. He's having it under G.A in a couple of weeks.
Grateful to go and watch g.son no. 1 ( aka young Sheldon) in his school's performance of 'The wizard of Oz,' he was a guard and did really well, in fact the whole show was amazing, they all worked so hard and you could tell.
Grateful for warm clothes and a warm house, it's still blowing a gale out there and freezing cold too, lots of hailstones and sleet.
Grateful Gypsyfeet is back here with us, welcome.
Grateful Astro has common sense.
Grateful Althea played the tape forward.
Grateful Aly is making some doctor's appointments with good doctors, grateful also that she is finishing with the thrift store. You don't need mean people in your life.
Grateful for this thread and the kindness and empathy shown by the lovely Grat Packers. xx
Old 02-11-2020, 07:25 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for 40 F weather and sunshine so Billie and I got in a long walk and a short walk. I always feel better after taking her for a walk. I get a kick out of watching her just being a dog! The careful sniffing of the grass or bush or tree.

Grateful also that my cat Franny seems to have become good friends with Billie. Considering that Billie has chased Franny for over 3 yrs now, I think it's kind of Franny to take the high road and offer her friendship.

Grateful to have the grat pack to come to and read everyone's gratitude.
Old 02-11-2020, 08:58 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Astro, I too hope you do t have to wait too long for the procedures and that you get some relief soon
Aly, omg, I would love to see Seinfeld! I really like his show Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee. Anyway, yes, totally looking forward to the show, though I don’t even know who it is yet. Lol. And it’s not until April. I am glad you gave your notice at the thrift shop. You are right about everything you said. Plus you need time to take care of yourself
Daisy, what an ordeal with the endoscope. Glad mr DB can have it under GA. I would definitely panic without that! Sorry he has to wait now. Sorry about your tyre/tire and glad you were not injured! What a day!
Least, I’m glad Frannie and Billie are friends. I wish my two cogs were better friends. Though they surprise me sometimes, they mostly tend to just tolerate one another.
Grateful I am not getting caught up in the school drama (or mom drama) from a school event I attended today
Grateful to know my truth
Grateful for a call with the advice nurse today and to discover I’m having an acid reflux flare up and need to take some medication, which I’m starting tomorrow and really hoping my symptoms will go away. Grateful to be watching foods that could aggravate this and hopefully it’s all temporary. Can’t imagine giving up coffee forever!
Grateful Mr F has been extra kind
Grateful for an email from sonny boys teacher regarding how well he is doing
Old 02-11-2020, 09:06 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Grateful for a week without a drink and not missing it as much.
Grateful for not having to hide or stealthily dispose of the bottles.
Grateful to go to bed with a clear head.
Grateful for all of your support. Sleep well everyone.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:00 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Grateful for everyone’s posts; they
always make me tremendously hopeful. Grateful for being able to do a round of science experiments my daughter has wanted to do for a while. Grateful to be able to work through negative feelings without resorting to alcohol and finally realizing that my negative emotions are actually easier to deal with than my drunk self; ironic, if one can call it that, as I always drank to avoid dealing with my negative emotions.

Grateful to be going to sleep sober. Grateful that I
am still alive.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:55 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks all, the meds for my shoulder are slowly helping, I've got my arm moving again and most of the pain has gone. Daisy, I totally understand Mr. DB's fear of the endoscopy, I don't find them painful but they make me squirm and definitely elevate my heart rate and blood pressure! I hope his next one goes well.

I'm grateful for all of you and the experiences we share, I'm grateful for this amazing life we have and our ability to keep trudging.