Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 86

Old 02-06-2020, 07:27 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome Birkie and Althea!

Grateful tonight to be relaxing at home - sober!
Old 02-06-2020, 07:52 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Grateful for another day sober.
Grateful for being able to ski today during a beautiful sunset.
Grateful for all the people who take the time to post in these forums. If I could just spend 20-30 minutes a day reading here I think I would be alright.
Thank you.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:35 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful to have spent a good 6 hours with my neighbor today. She just lost her husband to cancer and I've been friends with them a long time. I took her to the eye doctor and for an afternoon snack. She always has problems with her computer and calls me. I didn't mind today. We had fun.
Grateful for all of you here so very much. Peace and love to all, esp to anyone struggling tonight.♥♥♥
Old 02-06-2020, 08:38 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Birkie, your avatar is just lovely. Welcome.♥
Old 02-06-2020, 08:51 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Grateful to see Althea
Aly, more people like you are needed in the world. So nice that you are there for your neighbor
Berkie, glad you got to ski at sunset. Sounds beautiful! I am going skiing in two weeks! I do think you are right that spending some time here regularly will help. It has helped each of us.
Grateful Mr af and I are not going to bed angry and talked through our feelings. Grateful we are both sober
Grateful I got a facial today. My skin is glowing 😊
Grateful I am close to being done with a challenging work project that has taken forever!
Grateful tomorrow is Friday
Grateful family including 12 of sonny boys cousins will be here this weekend
Grateful to stay in the present moment
Grateful for each of you ❤️
Old 02-06-2020, 09:08 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

So profoundly grateful for all of you. So grateful that I have found you who welcome me without judgment. You have no idea what this means to me. Thank you.

grateful for another day of sobriety. grateful for one day at a time.

Old 02-07-2020, 04:43 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Lots of aches and pains are making sleep difficult but every day I'm grateful to wake up 6' above ground and breathing. Grateful for all of you and your posts.

Birkie, I'm a snowshoer, the skiing sounds wonderful!
Old 02-07-2020, 10:19 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Many welcomes, Althea!
Old 02-07-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Birkie, we're grateful you've joined us, we're all here for you. You're stronger than you know and you can do this. Read and post as much as you can, it really does make a difference.

Aly, you are such a kind person, your neighbour is blessed to have a friend like you.

We're grateful that you found us too Althea, it's lovely to have you with us.

Sorry about your aches and pains Astro, feel better soon.

Grateful for a sober Friday night.
Grateful for a drama free day.
Grateful my wayward son was civil to me when he phoned.
Grateful for warm clothes, it's freezing out there.
Grateful my little cat is in for the night, not grateful though for the little bird's head that she left on my door step. Just the head!!
Grateful to have eaten healthily today.
Grateful to be on this journey with the Grat Ppack by my side. xx
Old 02-07-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for another day with Billie.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:18 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Astro, I am sorry you are having pain. No fun! I hope it goes away soon
Althea, glad you found us and glad we found you too. This is a good place to be
Daisy, I’m really glad your wayward son was civil to you. I know he’s usually difficult
Grateful sonny boy’s reading group won first place in the reading contest. They worked so hard over the last six weeks, met every weekend to study and quiz each other and they knocked it out of the park today!
Grateful that I didn’t freak out when the guy from social security called to tell me everything he entered in the computer from my last visit, which was when I went to set up power of attorney for my a dad, has been lost and I will need to go through it again. Grateful there’s no urgency regarding social security at this time
Grateful Mr F is making dinner. He is preparing swordfish which I have never tried before. But I love fish and he’s a good cook so I’m feeling positive. Plus he’s making Brussels sprouts which is my fav
Grateful family is coming this weekend to visit. Lots of cousins for sonny boy. Grateful he is busy cleaning his room and bathroom in preparation.
Grateful for each of you
Old 02-07-2020, 06:38 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Grateful for my shift tonight at ARF! I saw my friend Lisa, who turns out is the manager of the whole Mobile Adoptions. I really want to work with her. She is so nice and funny. I have to turn my notice in at the Thrift Store. I'm getting involved with some other things. Plus I'm getting a bit sick of the gossipy atmosphere there. There are a lot of people I like, but several that I don't. I just don't really want to go back.
Love and Peace to all Grat Packers tonight. Grateful for all of you!
Hugs for all my friends. If I forgot anyone, please forgive me. I am usu pretty tired after my volunteer shift. FYI for those who are interested, the new doctor didn't work out. They called and said he wasn't taking new clients, which I know is a lie. He probably didn't want to deal with a back pain issue. Doctors aren't allowed to prescribe things that actually work. I'm so disappointed to say the least. I think I'm starting to hate doctors very much and have very little respect for very many of them. I'd give my right arm for a decent, experienced, kind doctor. Apparently in my county they hire baby doctors who have no experience and I'm so sick of it.
Daisy an extra hug for my wonderful friend.
Fearless you too my darling one.
Astro
least
Althea
Birkie
So very grateful for a message from my good friend, StellBlu. She has a very busy job and doesn't get to log on very much anymore, but she is still with me in my heart. ♥♥♥
Old 02-07-2020, 08:16 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Aly, I'm sorry the new doctor didn't work out. Keep looking, you'll find one.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:26 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Grateful that Birkie was able to ski during a beautiful sunset. Grateful that Least had a relaxing night at home. Grateful to Aly’s kindness. Grateful that Fearless and Mr F talked through their feelings. Astro, I hope you are feeling better. Grateful for Daisybelle’s drama-free day. Grateful for Aly’s hugs.

Grateful that I can enjoy a calm evening. Grateful to be able to read a wonderful book before bed. Grateful for the beautiful sunshine today. Grateful for my family, especially my little one, the absolute
love of my life. Grateful that I am not afraid of my
emotions anymore.

Thank you to each and every one of you.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:17 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Fearlessat50 View Post
Grateful Mr F is making dinner. He is preparing swordfish which I have never tried before. But I love fish and he’s a good cook so I’m feeling positive. Plus he’s making Brussels sprouts which is my fav
Droooling again yeah ummmm brussels sprouts are delicious!

Aly, I'm sorry you had another bad Dr. experience. Medical care in this country is pathetic right now and the costs are ridiculous.

Hello and love to all of you. I'm grateful for the lessons being preached at the Men's conference I'm attending this weekend. And I'm grateful for a heating pad cuz my body is hurting. This too shall hopefully pass.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:03 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Thank you least and Astro about the doctor situation. Very kind of you! Keep on trudging, like Least said and eventually something with work out. Thank you for the kind messages. Love you all! ttyl ♥♥♥
Old 02-08-2020, 02:13 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a nap with Billie earlier. Grateful for all I am blessed with.
Old 02-08-2020, 03:35 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Well done to sonny boy Fearless, his reading group did well. x

Aww Aly, ((( big gentle hug)) I'm so sorry re the doctor, I felt sure he would take you on. It just wasn't meant to be, which means that there is someone better waiting. Good luck with mobile adoptions, I hope you get a position with them.

Grateful I am sober again on a Saturday night.
Grateful I am safely indoors and in the warm, as it's blowing a gale out there with heavy rain too. Storm Kira has arrived.
Grateful for my p.j's and big fluffy dressing gown.
Grateful my Lulu cat is indoors.
Grateful to be on this journey with my wonderful, caring Gratters. xx
Old 02-08-2020, 05:12 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that I don't drink anymore.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:50 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Aly, I’m sorry about the doctor situation. Keep searching and being proactive. I know it’s hard. Astro is right
Althea, I’m glad you aren’t afraid of your emotions anymore. They get easier to handle sober
Daisy, I had something I wanted to say and I forgot 😊. Always good to see you
Astro, I am grateful for my heating pad too! I hope you get to feeling better soon
Grateful for a big family gathering today. Had so much fun. Grateful family on my husbands side has become closer over the years.
Grateful to have some time to myself and a hot bath over a very busy few days getting ready for this family get together
Grateful to be going to bed soon and sober as usual