Notices

Bedtime Gratitude ~ Part 86

Old 02-15-2020, 04:55 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your kind words, support, prayers and empathy. My son is still comatose but he's stable. He's clean, warm and being looked after extremely well. We had a scary moment this afternoon when his blood pressure suddenly dropped and the alarms started ringing but it was soon stabilised and back to normal. The doctor said the abscess looks much cleaner today and they may try and wake him up tomorrow. He's going to get a shock when he finds out how long he's been in there.

Grateful to be sober tonight and grateful to be sober when under pressure.
Grateful for the ICU unit, the hospital staff, current medical technology, antibiotics, steroids and everything that has been used to help my son.
Grateful for his designated nurse, who has been so helpful, always cheerful and positive and explains things to me in a way that I can understand.
Grateful for our N.H.S and our hospitals.
Grateful for phone call from my Auntie in North Carolina asking about my son.
Grateful for text messages from my brother.
Grateful for all the support I've received on S.R
Grateful to be on this journey with so many wonderful and inspiring people. xxx
Old 02-15-2020, 10:18 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hope your son remains stable Daisy and that when he comes out of the coma he's in much better condition.

I'm grateful for another Friday and Saturday night alcohol free and getting a good night's sleep.

I'm grateful that I'm looking and feeling better.

I'm grateful for a nice meal out with the family and for enjoying a nice conversation with them... grateful that I didn't have to cancel our plans so that I could stay home and drink.

I'm grateful for all of your encouragement. Looking at relapse rate statistics it can be discouraging but you're right - it's important to focus on the success stories. And I read that the success rate goes way up after a year or more sober. The important thing will be to climb right back on the wagon if I do fall off and not get discouraged about ending my streak.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:14 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Daisy, I'm still sending prayers up for you son and happy to hear that his condition is slowly improving. I'm glad he has a capable staff looking after his needs, and of course you there for care and love.

Grateful that after serving at church and doing a plumbing repair for a friend, I might actually have time to just sit and rest, it's been a whirlwind weekend.
Old 02-16-2020, 11:43 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Daisy, all my love and prayers to your son and your family. I'm so sorry this is happening. I will say a Rosary for you and your son. I don't know if your religion says them, but they are prayers and they've always brought me comfort in times of stress. I can feel your pain. What a wonderful mother you are to be there for your son so much, but I would expect nothing less from my good and kind friend. I'm so sorry this is happening. I'm hoping they were able to wake him today and he and you are well. Like I said, all my prayers and love to you and your son.♥♥♥
Love to all our bedtime Grat Packers.♥♥♥
Old 02-16-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Oh, I forgot, Today is my 2 year sober anniversary! So grateful. The gratitude threads have been my most important tools. Anymore, I have a very few and select group of threads here and they help me so much.
Thank you all for being here with me.♥♥♥
Old 02-16-2020, 03:44 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Woohoo! Congrats Aly!!!!!! What an inspiration to us all, but especially to those, like me, who are in the early days.

Birkie; a wise man once told me that relapse is not mandatory. Rooting for you and for us all.

Grateful to have started listening to Joyce Meyer sermons on YouTube again. Full of wisdom. Grateful that I finally truly am starting to understand her message.
Old 02-16-2020, 06:32 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for Aly's second anniversary.

Birkie, don't expect to fail. Expect to succeed, and then make it so.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:34 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Good evening all.

Today I'm grateful for:

-after much struggle and a call to the high school shop teacher, getting the hot tub to work. Renters come in tomorrow so, boy howdy, was I happy.

-knowing that time will help with a lot of situations

-my cleaner who gave me a hug when she walked in and talked me into calling the aforementioned shop teacher.

- the happiness of my sister who has struggled with work and is now doing a job she really enjoys.

-another cold evening wood fire

-chocolate covered coconut popsicles

-stories of many relapses finally resulting in sobriety (Aly you and many others give me hope)

-hand sewn hems that look like they grew that way

Daisy, here is hoping battalions of angels dive bomb you, your family, your son and all the medical personnel involved.
Old 02-16-2020, 08:34 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Daisybelle, I am so sorry about what you and your family are going through. I will
keep you in my prayers.

Aly, how amazing to have hit the 2-year
mark! Congratulations it’s
so inspiring!

Just finished Day 26 here. So grateful that I could go this long without alcohol when up until just a month ago, I could not even imagine going a couple days without it. Grateful to have clarity of mind and spirit. Grateful to not to run away from the hideous feelings I harbor; grateful to be able to try
owning them so that I can do something about them. Grateful that I can face my shame
over those negative emotions in sobriety.

Grateful to be inspired and supported by all of you.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:01 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Grateful to check in and say good night to you all. I am exhausted. Getting up very early for flight for ski trip. Can’t wait! Much love to you all.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:10 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Have a great trip Fearless!

I am grateful for a day off work, finally getting some decent sleep, and some time to just do whatever I feel like, zero commitments today.
Old 02-17-2020, 12:47 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

althea-congrats on 26 days. ODAAT will get you there.
Fearless, have a great trip and come back healthy! I like the way you manage to work some fun and down time into your busy life. You are such a love. ♥♥♥
Daisy, prayers continue for you and your son and family. I hope all is going in a positive direction. I'm so glad your son is getting good care.
Love and peace to all of us tonight.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:53 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hope you're all okay, sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was just so tired, still am really. They took the breathing tube out of my son yesterday and he did well, breathing on his own, very poorly still, disorientated and tearful, but he did manage to tell me that 2 years ago he begged me for help and I turned my back on him. The only thing he's ever begged me for is money and I stopped bailing him out a long time ago. I sort of felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach but told myself that he still had a lot of anaesthetic and pain killers in his system and he was very disorientated.
I visited again this afternoon and they had him sat in a chair, most of the drips and bags have been removed and tomorrow he will probably be put on a ward. He was still very tearful and maybe he is in shock about what's happened, he didn't say anything upsetting to me today.

Grateful to be sober tonight.
Grateful my daughter's partner took my g.son out with their 2 children this afternoon.
Grateful for Costa coffee.
Grateful for our N.H.S, all the medical staff, equipment and hospital technology.
Grateful for the serenity prayer.
Grateful for the sick man prayer.
Grateful Aly has 2 years sober, that is so awesome and I am thrilled to be right behind you. Aly, thank you so much for saying a Rosary for my son and myself. I am catholic so yes my religion is all for it and I appreciate it. x
Grateful for the kind wishes and prayers you have all bestowed on me, I feel so humbled to read your posts.
Grateful to be able to share my thoughts and fears here, this is my safe place.
Grateful to each and every one of you for being on this journey with me. xx
Old 02-17-2020, 05:32 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that it was warm enough to take Billie for a long walk to the store to get a few things.

Grateful that Daisy's son is recovering. Hope he recovers his sense of gratitude.

SR is my safe place too.
Old 02-17-2020, 05:37 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Bump
Old 02-17-2020, 08:33 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Good evening to all of you who search for the good of each day:

I am grateful for:

comfort books specially LM Montgomery's Jane of Lantern Hill
traffic not being bad for my road trip today
getting to bring my Dads outdoor education records to my nephew

Today, I really paid attention to find things that brought me joy.

Peace to you all as you walk through this briar tangled life.
Old 02-18-2020, 04:38 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Daisy I'm glad to hear your son is recovering, I wish he wasn't treating you so poorly. Sending prayers out for understanding and peace. That has to be so hard on you.

Grateful for the 3-day weekend and the time to get some light cleaning done around the house, grateful for a busy week ahead.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:04 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

BKL, I love LM Montgomery too! I loved and still love her Anne of Green Gables. I read them all as a kid and again as an adult. I'll have to check out her other stories. I guess I just associated her with Nova Scotia and Anne. Thanks for letting me know about her other books.
Daisy, hope things are better. I'm sorry your son doesn't seem too grateful. Maybe as he feels better, he'll see the light. Love and prayers to you.
I hope Fearless is having fun and being careful on the slopes. The Sierras are some tall mountains. I'm too scared to ski on them. I'd ride crazy horses over 5' fences, but I won't ski. Go figure. My ankles are tiny and not too strong. I've already broken one and had two knee surgeries. I always admired people who could ski. I'm just not one of them!
Grateful for all of you so very much.
Peace, love and prayers to anyone struggling or suffering in anyway.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:11 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Aly give LM Montgomery's The Blue Castle a try. You can get it for free on Australia's Gutenberg:

THE BLUE CASTLE

A wonderful comfort read.

I like her short stories too for braincandy reading. They mostly have happy endings and lovely descriptions of Canada.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:18 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Thank you. I will check it out. They are a good comfort read.♥♥♥