Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 94

Old 12-12-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Grateful for another sober Thursday.
Grateful to finish my voluntary work at school early today.
Grateful for a chat with the headmistress re some concerns about he who shall not be named, lol.
Grateful for warm clothes and my umbrella.
Grateful to help a friend by picking her child up from school for her.
Grateful for small mercies.
Grateful Lulu cat is indoors, it's pouring down out there.
Grateful to read Fearless's post re find some humour in her dad's Dementia, bless him. Fearless a sense of humour and a lot of patience will help get you through the bad times. xxx
Grateful Rose has got a break from toddler activities.
Grateful for each and every one of you.

Sorry, I wanted to post more grats but I've run out of time. Eek.

Love always. xxx
Old 12-12-2019, 08:46 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:49 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Grateful for Fearless' sweet help with a phone number helped me navigate my next move.
I did get hacked for a lot of money.
Grateful I managed to drive my sister to work, take Luke to get his nails done, and to call the bank to cancel my cards. My mom has to cancel one too.
Grateful I found out about it.
Grateful that it's only money and I have to be grateful for everything else.
Grateful to make the decision that I will never use my credit card on line again.
Grateful for all the well wishes. So appreciate the support.
Esp grateful for you all. ♥♥♥
Old 12-12-2019, 01:39 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - I'm sorry for all the hassle - makes me think twice about using my cards online too. I've used them so much already this season.
Numblady - Well that is unique - a boss who seems to care about everyone's thoughts.
FBL - That's wonderful news about your mom.
Fearless - I remember how shocking that word once was. (Back in my day at least )
Zip - I'm happy for your no glitches - and that you keep on playing.
Grateful to have most shopping & wrapping done - that's a first.
Grateful for patience and tolerance.
Grateful for Hallmark Christmas movies.
Grateful MrH almost always does the cooking.
Grateful for my dear friends here.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:29 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

FBL - glad to hear encouraging news about your mum's progress. Good that the stitches are out.

NL - I thunk what you said about your brother's death changing your Xmas was thoughtful and positive. Some good must come from that.

NewChapter - nice to her from you whether briefly or otherwise!

Hev - you said it. Very nice indeed to have a break. Still human nature being what it is I'll probably find I miss my granddaughter so much I have to go and stand in luke warm water in a toddler swimming pool.

Fearless - I think sonny boy is one smart cookie! (That's probably some strange old fashioned phrase that he wouldn't event recognise....)

Rusty - hope the gig went very well last night. And I'm so glad the chemo session went without a glitch. Is there just one more before Christmas?

Daisy - re being grateful for your umbrella. What about yesterday's weather!? So much rain here and I was out in it with no umbrella or buggy rain stuff. That was an experience.

Grateful it's stopped raining. Practically biblical downpour here yesterday afternoon.
Grateful for an unexpected hour to myself right now. Gives me time to post and think and just generally be.
Thankful - slight understatement - to be facing, no actually embracing, an alcohol-free Christmas. The relief, and if I want to get a bit sentimental, joy, is immeasurable
Thankful to have done the online Christmas food order but mindful now after Aly's experience about the risks of internet credit card shopping. I'm going to review my shopping habits generally in the new year.
Weekend ahead and I hope it's a good one for all of us.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:42 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Aly does this mean they are not canceling the charges? You said it was only money but I sure hope they don’t take any of yours.

Grateful my mistakes aren’t because of drinking. My daughter’s school sing a long was yesterday and she was so looking forward to it (as was I). I got there a little late and long story short didn’t realize she was stuck in the gym with her after school program (it was so crowded both on and off the stage I couldn’t really see who was up there). She missed the whole thing even though I was there because I didn’t know to go sign her out. She was so devastated and I feel horrible. Woke up in the night in a panic. I know she will move on but I never want to let my kid down like that. I’m just grateful I no longer have to wonder if my screw ups are at least in part fueled by booze.
Grateful to get a one on one meeting with my new boss today.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful all things pass and hopefully most are forgiven.
Grateful for a clear head.
Grateful for this group.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

thanks hev

rose music got canceled

grateful for acceptance
Old 12-13-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - There are so few chances to just be.
I love your attitude about Christmas - joy and relief. I'm sorry to say I was very resentful that first one. Now - I'm so grateful to not have the holidays fly by in a blur, barely remembering anything that happened.
Numblady - I'm so sorry that happened. The procedure should have been made clearer to you. A similar thing happened to me decades ago with my son - he arrived as his class was leaving the stage after their performance. I still think of that now and then - but he barely remembers it!
Grateful that we aren't fuzzy and off our game due to alcohol/drugs.
Grateful that we never want to go back to that miserable feeling.
Grateful for a shopping trip today.
Grateful it's not precipitating.
Grateful to you all for sharing a bit of yourselves here.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:35 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Grateful RZ did not have chemo glitches. Sorry the band got canceled though
Daisy, I hope the headmistress meeting about you know who went well
Numblady, so sorry about the mix up at school. We all make mistakes, even sober and I’m hoping your daughter is not too upset. We have all been there. Be kind to yourself. Good luck with meeting with boss lady today!
Yes, Aly, I’m hoping you can file a claim and get that money back!
Grateful for this very special place in the computer. As least says, our computer family
Grateful to see NCJ
Grateful Rose has some time to herself
Grateful to “make life happen” instead of “letting life happen” as Annie Grace says
Grateful the CEO made a personal call to me to wish me a happy work anniversary (15 years. Woot!) and let me know how valued I am 😊. I would have been fine with an automated voice message. But no, this was personal. I work for a large firm with 500 employees so it really made me feel special even though I’m sure he makes these calls to everyone. Or does he? That’s a lot!
Grateful for sonny boys sweet cartoon description of how algebra and trigonometry came together and got married to create a baby which is calculus
Grateful the window guy is coming to fix the front broken window finally. I had gotten used to pretending it’s a beautiful piece of stained glass work. But it will be nice to have it back to normal.
Grateful so much for each of you and going through our ups and downs together sober.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:49 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Grateful it's Friday.

Grateful to have slept soundly and to wake up to Henry wanting to go out.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Aly, I hope your bank can get your money back for you, what an awful thing to happen. ((( ))) Big hugs to you.

Fearless the meeting was very productive, thank you.

Numblady, I'm sorry about the experience you had at school, I think similar things have happened to us all at some point. You're only human. xx

Grateful for another sober Friday.
Grateful for my umbrella, I needed it today.
Grateful to get my hair cut and colour done, I feel human again now.
Grateful my daughter found her car keys eventually, she found them down the side of the chair, but what a bad start to her day.
Grateful to deliver the grands safely to school.
Grateful that Aly's experience has made us all mindful about Internet shopping.
Grateful Fearless has such a thoughtful CEO, wow what a difference that makes.
Grateful to have time to post.
Grateful to read all your grats and grateful for all of you. xxx
Old 12-13-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 12-13-2019, 09:49 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Grateful for all the support and kindness. Thank you so very, very much. I have lost at least $2,000 in this hacking/scam situation. I had to cancel all my cards, etc. Sometimes messing around on line with money is just not a good thing. Hackers are so smart anymore. I'm trying to just shut it out because I start panicking when I think about it. Amazon told me to file a police report, gather my bank documents and I believe $2K is still a felony? I can call the FBI. I just feel so beat down, I can't do it right now. Bank can't help except to block and cancel my card. It's gone. I still have my health (mental health, not so sure), I didn't get shot or held up or anything that horrible. The creeps gave me anxiety attacks though. I have gallows humor sometimes (the Irish in me, maybe). I have to sort of joke about it a little or I don't know what else I'll do.
Grateful that at least my mom and my one sister who is a struggling one of us, were kind about it. Grateful my mom told me if I need some help to let her know. Funny, but she's good about that kind of thing in her old age.
Grateful for Rusty. Prayers continue too. Hope you're feeling ok after chemo.
Grateful for my baby, Luke, laying in his bed next to me with his comforting presence.
Grateful for my shift at ARF to take my mind off of it. My back is a bit sore, but I could use some physical work to help burn off my anxiety.
Grateful so much for all of you and your kindness. Peace and love to everyone. I think peace and love may be our greatest gifts.♥♥♥
Old 12-13-2019, 05:51 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful to you, Aly, for being a model of acceptance.

Grateful to people for empathy.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:56 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Aww, Cour, thank you! ♥
Old 12-13-2019, 11:33 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Magsie

Zippy, grateful there were no glitches at chemo for you.

Aly, praying you’ll get your money back love.

Grateful for all the Grat Pack
Grateful for sobriety
Old 12-14-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
So very grateful for SR and all of you - Hoping to get back soon for better posts, just keeping head above water right now but thinking of you all and reading your posts 💜
Old 12-14-2019, 02:10 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-14-2019, 04:29 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

(((Aly))). That just seems so wrong. The bank has no responsibility for fraudulent use of a card? I hope you can dispute it up to the highest level and have the bank help in some way. In the meantime, keep coming here. I can hear the fatigue in your post — and who would blame you? But what an amazing response to focus on the fact it wasn’t stolen from you at gunpoint or whatever. We are here to root for you or to marvel at your acceptance. I know you will get through it and come out stronger on the other side (and hopefully not missing 2k ).

Grateful for all your kind words about my motherly screw up. My daughter did seem better by yesterday and i left work super early go to yet a different holiday presentation which she said was really fun so hopefully I’m the only one scarred for life .
Grateful to be going to a walk in honor of my friend who died of ALS this morning. I should be working but the walk is so much more important than that.
Grateful to have had my one on one with the new boss. It was kind of like an interview — and I don’t think if it was an actual job I would have gotten the position. It was fine. It wasn’t great. It wasn’t bad. It was fine. I’m excited that I will have a direct relationship with her rather than going through a layer of people. And she is going to make some organizational changes but I have the luxury of not really caring if she moves or changes my role. If anything I’ll be glad if my role is reduced!
Grateful to have held a boundary at work yesterday.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful my headache is not the result of booze.
Grateful for another day to be grateful.