Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 94

Old 12-08-2019, 01:37 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Grateful to get back on here at last. I love that red rose Nerferkamichael.

Least - what to say! 10 years of sobriety. Absolutely sublime. What an achievement.

Rusty - you like to lead an interesting life! Glad the port is not only sorted but proving to be more than worth it. Drum roll and more for you.

Loved the small people and refusal to wear anything resembling sensible outdoor clothes, especially in winter stories (I think Daisy's grandson gets the top award, but it was a close thing). I was reminded of the fact that when I was about 19 years old I was stopped by the police in the street when I first came to London because they thought I was a runaway! Reason: I was wearing sandals and no socks and it had been snowing. So I'd better now keep my counsel on the subject.

Fearless - it is interesting you say you're grateful to stop thinking about the 'what ifs'. I've stopped myself doing that too, partly because of having a 2 year old so much in my life now. If I allow myself to think about the future world she might live in I can get very doomy so I very firmly only allow myself to focus on the here and now.

Hev - so true that sobriety beats alcoholism hands down when it comes to having 'fun'. Or just being. Or feeling more emotionally stable. Who knew that actually there aren't any downsides to not drinking? That was not my thought when I first stopped but I can't find any evidence to the contrary now.

NL - see above! You're definitely not 'no fun anymore'!

HReady - still envy you your beach walks

ImValentine - pleased for you that your new job feels OK so far (although I prefer the sound of your cupcake visit).

NewChapter - I googled your new guilty pleasure since I'd never heard of it. Ex-wives of Rock sounds like compulsively watchable.

Aly - glad things are going well at the ARF.

Thankful to be done with the last few days. They turned into a bit of a marathon toddler care session for various unavoidable reasons. Grateful to help but a day's relative solitude is now welcome!
Thankful I've more or less shaken a really bad cold. Now have a slightly strange sore throat but Dr Google suggests it's only a legacy from the cold.
Grateful that my nearly 6 hour theatre visit - I've typed that correctly - turned out to be worth doing. There was a 2 hour break in between Parts 1&2 and 3&4. I saw the stage production of My Beautiful Friend which is a series of 4 books set in Naples that gets a bit of a mixed press but which I really enjoyed reading. Quite an achievement to have adapted that for the stage. And definitely quite an achievement to have sat through it!
"A crappy day sober is better than my best day drunk". Thanks Spryte. I (won't) drink to that!
Grateful for all of you.
Old 12-08-2019, 02:43 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Oops - meant to say the books called 'My Brilliant Friend' (probably quite beautiful too!).
Old 12-08-2019, 03:32 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that Least is 10 years sober today!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:35 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Grateful to be here to welcome Least with congratulations of a sober DECADE. I live in awe!
Grateful the Costco comments reminded me of something I saw on FB yesterday of real-life slogans for companies. The first one was Nature Valley Granola bars and something to the effect of “Effing Crumbs Everywhere”. Costco’s (which they said may have been a rip-off of a Mitch Hedberg line) was: “Costco. When you don’t know what you need but know you need a LOT of it.”
Grateful to have had a dream about being overcome with gratitude and happiness and wanting to get to the board to express it — and waking up to that feeling.
Grateful I got a haircut yesterday after having had to cancel multiple times thanks to stupid work.
Grateful for a beautiful day yesterday. Watched part of my son’s lacrosse scrimmages (yes—there is an outcropping of lacrosse playing here in none other than TX), then dragged my daughter and her buddy on a mini adventure. So many nice spots in this town if you actually have time to get out to them. In this case I just meandered over to a cultural center I’d only been to once, then we dropped into the trail around our town lake, walked to this gorgeous coffee shop that you can only get to from the trail, and then went for frozen yogurt. It was only a brief little trip but I was so happy to see some of the beauty in my town I don’t get to get out into enough. Terrible sentence but genuine sentiment.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

rose, grateful i didn't get sober to be bored! lol

congratulations least!
Old 12-08-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for my co worker today
Old 12-08-2019, 08:49 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Grateful for Least's 10 years of sobriety -- congratulations!

Grateful to have gone out for a bit to see a band play and see old friends after feeling cooped up and housebound all week.

Grateful the rain has passed and it's a sunny lazy Sunday.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:07 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober every day!
Old 12-08-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful always to you all
Old 12-08-2019, 10:42 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

NL-LaCrosse is huge in CA and has been for quite sometime. My nephews considered playing, not enough contact for them, so it was Football and Rugby for them. I know a lot of universities and high schools have teams here.
Grateful for a great night's sleep.
Grateful to be watching football. Somehow, although my dad is no longer with us, I think he may be watching it with me.♥
So, so grateful for my sobriety.
So very grateful for my friends here and how much this thread has meant to me since I very first came to SR maybe 6-7 years ago. This thread, knowing it or not, has been so important to my sobriety. Thank you all and grateful.♥♥♥
Old 12-08-2019, 10:43 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Going to be a busy week, but I wanted to keep up with everyone's adventures & grats.
Grateful that Least never gave up & now has 10 yrs. sober. So very proud of you, my friend.
Grateful I will soon have 2 dreaded appointments over with (Mammo. & Dentist). Don't know why I get so worked up.
Grateful for all the wisdom, humor, & support I find by reading your posts.
Grateful the sun is out, even if it is 5 degrees.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:05 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by least View Post
Grateful to wake up sober every day!
Thanks for showing us that it never gets old -- even after 10 years! Congratulations, least!!!

Old 12-08-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of your Grats posts!
Grateful that Least has 10yrs of Sobriety!! Congrats!!
Grateful Mags still has a roof over her head after all that Puff-Puffing of wind over there!
Grateful Rose doesn't walk around in the snow wearing Sandals Anymore!! LOL!
Grateful FL has shaken off her cold & is feeling more Focused.
Grateful FL feels there are No Downsides to Not Drinking anymore!
Grateful FL made it through a 6hr play!! Wow!
Grateful for NL's funny Co. slogans. LOL!
Grateful NL got to cruise town for a Mini Adventure.
Grateful Deserto got out after being Housebound for a Week!
Grateful Aly got a Great night's sleep! Envious over here!!
Grateful the 49r's won the game! Yay!
Grateful like Aly for the Grats Thread!
Grateful Hevyn will get her Dreaded appts over with soon! I need to make a Mammo appt one of there days too.
Grateful for my 2.7 walk in the Hood & for some stretching on the beach afterward.
Grateful that I was able to console a neighbor after a homeless person trespassed her property & scared her. She called the police & all is well now.
Grateful for the nice BF this AM.
Grateful that I have pre-prepped for dinner tonight.
Grateful for SR.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:46 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for another sober day
Grateful for all the Grat Pack
Grateful for coffee
Grateful to have peace of mind.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:54 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Getting on here quickly before it all starts.

NL - nice to do that little trip around your town. So easy not to bother with what's on your doorstop especially when you've got slightly reluctant companions in tow.

Aly - I'm really surprised lacrosse is a thing in CA. Thought it was something of a minority sport. I first came across it in Enid Blyton books about life at a girls' boarding school! I'd not idea what it actually was in those days.

Hev - do you get both appointments over this week? Be a relief to see them done and dusted.

Really good that you were there for your neighbour, HReady. I would find that scary. Bet she was truly grateful.

Grateful this will be my last very busy week until the new year.
Thankful I gave my excuses for an early event I was due to go to this evening that I really didn't want to do for various reasons not particularly related to drinking - although the theme was cocktails, - because now I feel my day has become more manageable.
Grateful for good, almost undisturbed, sleep last night and indeed the night before. Maybe my luck is changing!
Grateful to have seen Knives Out yesterday since it turned out to be a very entertaining, funny movie. Hardly every go to the 'pictures' so it's nice to have got it right on this occasion.
With you Mags on the gratitude front when it comes to both coffee and being sober. I hope you are not being too bothered your asthma.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 12-09-2019, 02:54 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for all of you
Old 12-09-2019, 04:18 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night of sleep myself in spite of boozy husband beside me.
Grateful to go to a remembrance ceremony put on by a local grief-oriented nonprofit. I took my mom and my daughter. Mostly happy my mom got to talk to a couple people from the loss to overdose group I’ve gone to a couple of times.
Grateful I found some people I knew just to feel slightly less unmoored.
Grateful my mom and I got to sneak away for a little adult only time when we went to pick up dinner.
Grateful for queso.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

grateful for a new week of yuletide season sober adventures
Old 12-09-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

I was awol a couple of days and am grateful I’m here today.
Grateful DIL had a ride at 4:45 this morning and tomorrow also!
Grateful I was able to fall asleep after waking for an hour.
Grateful the overnight snow was brief and it’s beautiful outside.
Grateful I am sober and the AV has been quiet.
Grateful teen Gkids dropped off an Advent calendar I gave them years ago for their cousin to have now.
Grateful to have shelter and stability today.