Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 93

Old 11-01-2019, 10:39 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Grateful to get a bit of extra sleep this morning.
Grateful for and prayers to our wonderful Rusty!
Grateful for for the well wishes.
Grateful for the cooler temps. I hope it helps the fires in NorCal and SoCal. Fire season is a scary time of year here.
Grateful for my ARF shift at 3 pm. I hope it goes well.
Hev
Grateful so much for all of you! ♥♥♥
Old 11-02-2019, 01:39 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Good morning Grats. I had to miss a couple of days so I've got lots to catch up on. I missed you all lots.

Grateful for a hangover and shame free Saturday morning.
Grateful to go to the dental hospital in the city yesterday and they are taking me on their books to have restorative work done on my teeth starting in Jan It's going to be a long process, but I'm over the moon. I think I'm the only person I know that is excited about having dental work done, lol.
Grateful for a half decent nights sleep.
Grateful for morning coffee.
Grateful for a warm house and warm clothes.
Grateful for each and every one of you.

Sorry, that's a short post, I'm dashing off now to get my flu and pneumonia jabs done. Love always. xxxxx
Old 11-02-2019, 02:01 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that the Gratitude Challenge has met with a very enthusiastic response. I'll be even more grateful if it lasts the entire month.

Zip, I knew there was something "off" this year. Hopefully ol' Al can make it back next year.

Grateful to be an alcoholic in long-term recovery. Looking back, as tough as it was, I wouldn't change a thing.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Grateful both my kids ended up at sleepovers last night, especially since a group of us ended up working until about 8 to get some stuff out the door.
Grateful to try to realize (and cut off) the ways in which my ego sabotages growth. Wanting to be in on the action, wanting to be the best, wanting to earn praise. All of these things are less rewarding than helping others to shine and being a link in the chain rather than the lock. Or some similar metaphor.
Grateful for the happy sight of seeing a group of people getting off of work at the urgent care clinic last night. Just that happy moment when they had turned off the lights and locked the door and were leaving to whatever it is they were leaving to.
Grateful to be going to my kid’s school this morning for some non-work activity.
Grateful to be here with all you fine people—and sporty, well-dressed dogs
Old 11-02-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Grateful for a sober Saturday morning.
Grateful I am fully present to watch my son run this morning at districts.
Grateful for my nice big mug of tea.
Grateful for 19 days sober.
Grateful it looks like it is going to be a beautiful day.
Grateful for my beloved "sports" car (great fuel mileage to get me between sports ).
Old 11-02-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

agreed fbl

grateful for the little things in life
Old 11-02-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hi Lovely Grats!

Grateful for snuggles with hubby last night.
Grateful for a cozy home.
Grateful to have fresh clean hair after I washed it this morning.
Grateful that I handled my horse's tantrum in class today with composure and determination. 6 months ago I would have been shaken, terrified and disheartened. So grateful to be reminded of how far I've come, as I am guilty of spending most of the time self-criticising.

Grateful Deserto bought Henry a new coat and for that cute description! Enjoy the river.
Grateful for Hev and especially for this poignant reminder "Grateful it's another weekend spent doing good stuff, not getting numb & stupid."
Grateful for Least
Grateful Courage is feeling better!
Grateful Fearless got to enjoy the Halloween party. Also, I agree - pumpkin spice pancakes are the bomb!
Grateful Aly got some extra sleep, always a win! I hope your ARF shift went well and that things have worked out with that nasty lady.
Grateful to see Daisy's post - I hope you enjoy your hangover and shame free weekend.
Grateful for FBL's shared insight and that the Grat Challenge is going well!
Grateful NL got some down time after a long day's work. I hope you enjoy fun activities at your kid's school!
Grateful and proud of Citrus for 19 days. Way to go! I hope your son has a great time and does well in his race.
Grateful for RZ's post.

Take care all and have a wonderful, sober Saturday!
Old 11-02-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Daisy, I missed you. I'm so excited for you getting your teeth worked on!
Numblady, I know what you mean. I had a previous job where I had a more significant role. It created a lot of stress and unhappiness. I am happy to be a cog in the wheel now. I hope I'm using that metaphor correctly.
Grateful for each of the rest of you!
Grateful for my laptop. Something has changed with the SR site when I access it from my ipad. Not sure what happened. But I can't figure it out and how to post or like anything, and it's strange. Grateful things look normal on my laptop and it's easy enough.
Grateful I was sober last night when sonny boy's friend got home sick in the middle of the night and I had to drive him home. His mom had too much wine. Grateful it was nothing personal with my son. Just a lot going on in his little life. Grateful to be present for him
Grateful to stock up on groceries
Grateful to have a weekend with no plans other than watch son's karate class, go for a long run hopefully both days, do some art and baking
Old 11-02-2019, 09:57 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Thank you, NewChapter. So kind of you to think of me.♥
Daisy, I am so happy you are getting your dental work. Teeth are so important to our health and how we feel about ourselves. Good for you for having the work done.♥
Grateful to be healthy and safe.
Grateful for what looks like a nice day in the high 70s, so sunny. Here the high 70s are still on the chilly side. At least it feels chilly.
Grateful for the way you all help me stay sober. Not sure how it really happens that way. All I know is that I guess I need all of you to stay sober.
Fearless, I hope you all are ok now. So grateful for you! ♥
Rusty, healing vibes to you and a prayer.
Grateful for Luke laying right next to me with his head in a bunch of pillows! So cute. ♥♥♥
Old 11-02-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for the time to catch up on all your gratitude posts.

Grateful that normal isn't horrible anymore.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:30 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Numblady - I agree that ego sabotages growth. A valuable realization.
Fearless - You sure did go full on Eleven! Lots of explaining to do, no doubt.
Daisy - It took me ages to finally go back to the dentist after years. Felt so good to face it & get stuff done. Nice job.
NewChapter - Glad you liked it.
Aly - Grateful for your presence here - we all do our part & it works.
Grateful for a lovely ride this morning - leaves are falling fast & soon it'll be a brown & gray world. Until it's a white world.
Grateful I can trust myself to not cave.
Grateful for the support & kindness we share.
Old 11-02-2019, 12:53 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that normal isn't horrible anymore.
Amen to that!
Old 11-02-2019, 03:13 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Grateful to get a quick very late moment to post. The combination of my husband's bug which is taking some time to shift and various other family things have made this weekend a bit too full on for comfort. So pleased however I've not yet been struck down with the bug, at least so far, since it is fairly unpleasant.

I really enjoyed catching up with all your posts. In combination they are always so entertaining and interesting and funny and caring. And it is so strange how someone always seems to write something that immediately resonates (Daisy and Hev this time). I too have finally made a dental appointment after a very long time of prevarication. I'm both dreading it feeling and very thankful that I finally did it. It's got to be better than fretting about it all the time.

Grateful I'm going to have new glasses that should mean I can see more clearly. Expensive as you can imagine so I already have a very clear view of how my bank account will look after I've paid!

FBL - good on you for instituting the Gratitude Challenge. I bet you end up getting some genuine thanks for that. So worth it.

Numblady - agreed! Good to be in the company of sporty well dressed dogs. And Deserto too of course!

Fearless - loved your graphic description of you as Eleven! And so glad you're getting a break from the weather, finally. Hope the scary sunflower is very well.

Numblady - glad that your work is a reasonably comfortable place to be in at the moment. It makes such a difference especially in what are anyway naturally stressful work environments.

Rusty - quick hello. Hope you're doing well.

Citrus - really thankful for you that you are heading for 3 weeks sobriety. Congratulations. It is very clear that this is so important to you.

Grateful to be going to bed. Could stand tomorrow being a touch less busy. We shall see.
And grateful - little steal here from Hev - for the privilege of knowing you all.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:03 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Magsie

FBL that’s a great idea, the gratitude challenge!

Grateful for all of your Grats, so heartwarming.
Grateful for our NHS and all the doctors, nurses
, paramedics and all the staff. They do brilliant work. Thankyou
Grateful the electric work on our home is finished.
Grateful, as always, for being sober. I love my sober life and know you’ll agree with me on that one.

Love and hugs to all. xxxx
Old 11-03-2019, 01:13 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober and hangover free this morning.
Grateful to be the designated driver at my daughter's Halloween 'get together' last night.
Grateful for a good night's sleep, I only woke up once which is good for me.
Grateful for morning coffee with my little Lulu cat sucking my sleeve. ( she only does it when I have my dressing gown on.)
Grateful to have no plans, I shall take the day as it comes.
Grateful NewChapter handed her horse's tantrum well, she's braver than me, I'd have been terrified.
Grateful Fearless was present for her son's homesick friend.
Grateful for aly's wise and kind words. Thank you.
Grateful for Courage's reminder that normal isn't horrible anymore.
Grateful Hevyn shared with me that it took her ages to go get her teeth sorted too. Thank you for that H.
Grateful for Least and Billie.
Grateful that Rose is also going to get her teeth sorted. Go for it Rose, it will be so worth it and you will be glad you did it. I hope your husband is feeling much better today and I hope also that you don't catch that dratted bug.
Grateful that Mags's electrical work is finished at last.
Grateful for the small things in life.
Grateful to be on this journey with the Grats by my side.
Love always. M xx
Old 11-03-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for my mistakes. Success is great and all, but failure has been my best teacher over the years.

Grateful for my Sunday morning nature walks.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

grateful to still be able to be of service
Old 11-03-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Grateful that when I woke up for my evening panic fest I could comfort myself with us having an extra hour of sleep (clocks roll back for most of us in the US today—or I guess, did last night).
Grateful even the big boss came into the office to try and help with all the preparations we are doing. We are all so tired. I have been getting decent sleep but the demand on the brain has been unrelenting.
Grateful for laughter in the foxhole.
Grateful it will eventually be Wednesday and I won’t get a break but at least it will hopefully be different stress.
Grateful I managed to find a bit of time to spend with my daughter last night. She was tired from a sleepover and really mad I came home late from work (which of course gave me even more pangs of maternal guilt) but we managed to watch part of Pitch Perfect and snuggle together so it comforted her at least some.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for friends.
Grateful for you guys.
[Haha: edited to add I don’t consider “friends” and “you guys” separate categories ]
Old 11-03-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I’ve missed a couple of days.
Grateful for the birds and squirrels to feed. The crows love leftovers.
Grateful I can spend time with Gdaughter.
Grateful I am working on resentment towards her mom for volunteering to work weekends assuming I can babysit. Still a lot to work there!
Grateful I am not drinking and stewing about reality.
Grateful it is going to be 50 degrees today.
Grateful for coffee and scones this morning.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:05 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Aly, I feel the same about all of us helping each other stay sober. It reminds me of what someone on SR once said about their higher power being G.O.D which stands for group of drunks. Lol. I have my own version of what my HP is, and part of it is the collective good of which you are all part.
Courage, I love that normal isn’t horrible
Grateful for self care and everyone going to the dentist and spreading beautiful smiles
Mags, glad your electric work is done
Rose, so sorry your hubbys bug is lingering. I hope he feels better soon and things get back to normal
Rz, glad you are still of service and I hope you are feeling as well as can be today
Daisy, me too on no plans today. Except for some rock painting. Reminds me rock painting fundraiser party is next Friday. I gotta get some things ready!
Good to see you imvalentine
Numblady, your work life. Yikes! I hope you get a break soon
Grateful for perspective that my work stress is really not so bad. Grateful I have two meetings out of the office this week and have plenty of time to get stuff done. Grateful one of my meetings is with my cdc (crazy demanding client), and to feel nervous but empowered and supported to handle this situation as I see fit, to discuss change which may very well be terminating the partnership.
Grateful to preorder Finding Chika, Mitch Albums latest book. He wrote Tuesdays with Morrie, which I absolutely loved. I remember Gilmer/Kathy had loved that book too. Grateful Gilmer was a part of my journey
Grateful for each of you