Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 93

Old 11-29-2019, 09:55 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
p***enger

You too, Aly!

Grateful for a few days to work on strength, patience, and equilibrium.
Old 11-29-2019, 10:48 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Old 11-29-2019, 02:18 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - I'm glad you're feeling calmer. I found there was a good deal of introspection in early sobriety. A time to heal and grow.
Numblady - Wonderful that the 5k was a success. I loved the hand holding part.
Grateful we can share the holidays here to some extent. Nobody get us like we get each other.
Grateful for a nice T-Day & not waking up filled with regret.
Grateful for being organized, dependable, and reliable. It's about time.
Grateful that even though a big snow storm is heading our way on Sunday, I am ready.
Grateful for each one of you - every day.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:29 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

In my FaceBook recovery group, we are finishing up our 30 day "Gratitude Challenge" where we all posted daily, 3 different things we are grateful for during the month of November. I thought I would share what I posted there today with the Grat Pack here at SR:

In June of 2009, I was seriously contemplating suicide. I was physically, spiritually and morally bankrupt. In other words, I had hit my rock bottom. One "moment of clarity" literally saved my life. I had truly made the big surrender.

Since that fateful day, I have taken most of the recovery cliches to heart. Sayings become cliches, because they are true, at least in my case. Some people may wonder why I'm generally upbeat and smiling all the time. It's because I know just how close I came to throwing my life away to alcohol addiction. My recovery is the most important thing in my life, because without it, I'd be dead.

So, today I am Grateful to be...
Happy
Joyous
Free
And as always, I am Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-30-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Grateful that my perspective is changing and my mood uplifting as a result.
Grateful to have weathered the storm.
Grateful always for my SR family
Grateful for my amazing husband.
Grateful for my sweet horse.
Grateful for making the time for a short, morning hack with my sweet boy before finishing out my next essay for college.
Grateful that my hubby is in the finals of his tennis club championships this evening and that I get to watch him play.

Grateful Fearless is recovering emotionally from the past couple weeks. So exciting that your sweet boy has decided to try Turkey - I hope it was a success, or at the very least that he felt proud for trying something new.
Grateful that Least has Billie.
Grateful Aly survived thanksgiving with grace and patience, what testament to your character and your strength. I hope that you also enjoyed the day as much as possible.
Grateful for Courage's post.
Grateful Hevyn stopped by and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Grateful Rose feels comfortable to share her thoughts with us. I definitely feel that there are mental and emotional challenges that come with sobriety as the 'fog' has been lifted and we are forced to confront and process all the things we had been using alcohol to numb out previously, either consciously or otherwise. The wonderful gift of sobriety is that once you acknowledge these challenges and work through them, tough as that can be, you always feel so much better for having managed those feelings in a healthy way rather than simply pushing them down with substances. I hope you enjoyed coffee with your friend!
Grateful HReady enjoyed a beach walk. I grew up by the beach, but don't get home to my parents that much anymore. I miss beach walks with the dogs.
So very grateful to my incredible SR classmate, NL for her support and kindness always. Thank you for sharing the sweet story about your son, what precious memories. Well done on 5k! Your SIL sounds like a wonderful person to have in your life.
Grateful RZ enjoyed Thanksgiving.
Grateful Valentine enjoyed a drama free day and well done for surviving an unpleasant text with sobriety intact.
So grateful for FBL's thoughtful post. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I am inspired by the strength and commitment it must have taken to get from there to where you are now. I am grateful that you are well and that you are here with us.

Have a wonderful, sober weekend all
Old 11-30-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Grateful I have some morning alone time. DIL supposed to work and I’ll be full time Gma today.
Grateful I’m thinking about Christmas decorating. I have not been looking forward to it but am slowly accepting things are different now. Family situations are challenging and acceptance hurts.
Grateful you are all here!
Old 11-30-2019, 05:09 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

grateful to be invited to the all star epic holiday jam tonight
Old 11-30-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FBL - I'm so glad you shared that - and very grateful you are here with us.
Zip - That will be splendid, no doubt! Have a wonderful time.
Imvalentine - I can relate to your comment, 'Slowly accepting things are different now'. I finally realized the holidays are what we decide to make them.
NewChapter - Yes, it all comes down to perspective.
Grateful to read everyone's updates. I always benefit from your wisdom & experiences.
Grateful to be able to stifle resentment & bitterness.
Grateful to no longer feel isolated.
Grateful for the sun while it lasts - things will change soon.
Have a lovely Saturday.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

FBL-Thank you for sharing your meaningful post. I'm so glad you ended up here, with us! ♥
Rusty, Have a great time jamming! ♥
New Chapter, how kind of you to think of me and say such supportive things.♥
Grateful, that during TG day, I had a long, lovely chat with my beautiful niece. She and a friend got a place together. It's so difficult for her financially, as the Bay Area is insane financially, it's difficult for almost anyone who isn't a techie billionaire! Ugh. But I digress, I am also grateful to see my 3 beautiful, buffed nephews. Such kind boys. The oldest is struggling. He is so gifted, but is so shy and confused. He is stunningly good looking, was the starting QB in high school, but he has MD and blew his knees out (Rugby player too). He also has low, low thyroid as a kid, so he's not as tall as he should have been. He is so, so athletic, kind of like my dad. He needs prayers. I love him so very much. The twins had one of their friends over I've known since they were little. He got a football scholarship to Airforce, full ride. He is a really talented defensive player, who didn't get hurt in high school, and also very smart.
As you can tell, I'm so grateful for my niece and nephews and trying to salvage some goodness out of TG.
So grateful for a really awesome shift at ARF last night. The girls were sneaking the dogs through the laundry room so I could pet them and play with them. Gosh, I love those babies. They are so grateful for anything, mostly a little love.
Grateful for all of you so very much and sorry for the long post. I am so glad we are all here! Love you! ♥♥♥
Old 11-30-2019, 10:49 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for your inspiring posts
Old 11-30-2019, 11:04 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober again. Grateful to share your grats and gripes.
Old 11-30-2019, 05:20 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Daisy, I’m so glad you got that call from your son and I hope this is truly a turning point
Aly, I hope you had a good Arf shift today
Numblady, lol on the TX drivers and pride. Also, I love loved that story about your son and running holding hands. So sweet!
Grateful that today was a much better day than yesterday. Things are better, but still unsettled with my Dad. Dealing with a lot of financial stuff and being power of attorney trying to manage remotely with a bunch of bureaucracies who don’t seem to understand that the reason my Dad can’t remember or pass a simple verification test is because he had dementia has been very frustrating There is also the foreclosure and divorce stuff to deal with, plus long term planning and financing his care. Today, I had another headache from another bank and after a long unsuccessful call even with my Dad on the line, and I just finally had to let it all go and take a break. Grateful I’m learning to be patient with a process. Grateful to educate myself, use resources and be proactive. Grateful for a brain that functions reasonably well.
Grateful for friends in high places (or friends with friends in high places)
Grateful to find a good elder attorney
Grateful that today has been the first day in a few weeks where I didn’t feel any fear. Grateful to know that things will fall into place, things will happen and things will pass and we keep learning and moving forward
Grateful for almond Kringles even though every ingredient is inconsistent with my eating values. Grateful I’ll lose these few pounds I gained and get back to my healthy habits
Grateful for inspiration from art and music
Grateful for my sobriety
Grateful so much for each of you
Old 11-30-2019, 08:33 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Grateful for a sober year. May there be many more.
Grateful for all the support I have received here. Could not have done it without you. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2019, 10:33 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Time For A New Thread.

Continues Here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7321640 (Morning Gratitude ~ Part 94)