Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 93

Old 10-31-2019, 03:26 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for the brand new snow scraper for my car. I needed it this morning!

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 10-31-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

agreed with you all

grateful for my positive tude

at times no small task

grateful yesterdays chemo went well with just one small issue

onward!
Old 10-31-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Rose, so glad for your new normal!
Citrus, glad your fever is gone
RZ, grateful for your good tude . Hope you are feeling better today
Hev, yes, in my case too sometimes that is a startling realization (and humbling) . Glad for your new specs. I am lucky to be getting by with the Costco cheater pack for now
I hope Pouncer is ok too
Grateful for the reminder that natural disasters can be a big relapse trigger. Several years ago, I was at a pumpkin patch with family when a fire broke out. We were trapped in a long line of traffic trying to get out a narrow space with flames coming up both sides of the road. I remember the rush of adrenaline getting out and the later celebratory feeling of “I survived”. I had been sober a few months but was caught off guard, and relapsed. Grateful to be stronger and more diligent now, and any urges I had over past few days are gone.
Grateful school opens again today and sonny boy is wearing his Halloween costume. He’s a demigorgon. Grateful to be going to a Halloween party tonight. I’m Eleven for anyone who knows stranger things
Grateful for each of you
������

Last edited by Fearlessat50; 10-31-2019 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-31-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Grateful for almost 10 hours of blissful sleep. I feel so much better.
Grateful no snow is forecast and my grandson came over yesterday and shoveled the driveway.
Grateful my phone is charged cause tablet went dead overnight.
Grateful to be here!
Old 10-31-2019, 09:18 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Grateful for thought provoking feedback
Grateful for beautiful sights, sounds, tastes, smell and feelings
Grateful for human connection
Old 10-31-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good night's sleep. It's cooling off a bit, I think I sleep better when it starts to cool off.
Grateful for Rusty and prayers to you too.
Grateful for Luke.
Mostly grateful to all of you who your gratitude and just being here with my friends is something priceless to me and helps keep me sober. Gratitude is my best tool to stay sober.
Happy Halloween!!!
Old 10-31-2019, 10:47 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that the rain slowed down long enough for Billie to drop a dog bomb in the front yard.

Grateful Rusty's chemo went well.
Old 10-31-2019, 11:27 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Grateful that the winds seem to be abating slightly in Ca (if the accounts I'm reading here are correct) although it sounds like the situation remains desperate. Thinking of Aly and Fearless and any others who are affected by this devastating event.

Fearless - I don't know Eleven so I shall now google, or demogorgons come to that but I can make an educated guess at that. Hope it's a good Halloween party.

Glad that's another chemo session down, Rusty, and that you have typically refused to let it bring you down.

Courage - I don't know your first cousin Phyllis - bet that surprises you - but if you're grateful for her, so am I!

Grateful for everyone who has the glasses they need, including me, which is why I'm very ungrateful that one of the arms on my favourite pair snapped for no good reason yesterday. I'm hoping the opticians can fix it when I go tomorrow not least because I nearly had to take out a second mortgage to buy them in the first place!

Grateful we don't have snow here (good luck with that FBL) even though it suddenly lay feels very cold.

Thankful today is done. Got very little sleep partly because my husband was quite unwell with some kind of vomiting big. Grateful not to have the bug (yet)!
Grateful to have been able to spend time today with my son as well as my granddaughter. Doesn't happen often because he's normally at work of course so that was a treat. Plus it meant there was someone on hand to carry out the unique demands of the mini despot.
Grateful the weekend beckons with only 'light rain' forecast.
It goes without saying that I'm supremely grateful to all of you but I'll say it anyway. Thanks to every Grat packer.
Old 10-31-2019, 01:31 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Today was so busy - late to arrive - but wanted to say I'm so very grateful for each & every one who posts here.
Grateful for our dog walking gig today at the shelter - every dog we walked is getting a new home, pending approval of the new family.
Grateful for the beautiful month of October - sorry to see it go.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:22 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for chicken broth.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:34 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for Zip's positive attitude. It makes all the difference.

Grateful that my "other" online recovery group has embraced my idea for a month-long "Gratitude Challenge" for the month of November. I often mention this thread to them. Grateful that they often refer to my as "The Gratitude Guy"!

Grateful for my winter coat.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 11-01-2019, 03:48 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

FBL I LOVE that you are the Gratitude Guy! What a cool description.
Aly and Fearless, echoing all with the prayers for NoCal.
Rose, so sorry about the vomiting bug and hoping you don’t get it. No fun!

Grateful that I’m spending a bit of time on things other than work this morning, including posting here and doing a bit of yoga.
Grateful for good friends who host Halloween every year.
Grateful work was relatively quiet last night because people were doing Halloween things.
Grateful to get to know some of my team better and to see the depth of their character. There is one assistant who always just seemed so loud and gossipy. In truth I have come to learn she is one of the kindest and honest people I’ve ever known. I now refer to her as MY boss because she keeps everyone in line and will very directly bring up topics that may be uncomfortable—but always from a place of love. Grateful for the never ending realization of the beauty of actually getting to know people.
Grateful for social workers. We had a very difficult personnel situation involving another assistant who has declined cognitively to the point we could not keep her on staff. These social workers went to bat for her and figured out a way to help her be eligible to retire and will continue to look after her as she moves on to life away from the office.
Grateful I work in a place where people push each other out of the way to take a bullet not to avoid it. [Metaphorically speaking mind you]
Grateful there’s a chance of a tiny bit of breathing room after I get through today/tonight at work.
grateful my daughter has a sleepover tonight.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:29 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

doh! i forgot my traditional grandpa al halloween avi this month!

you know what, grateful it's ok

perhaps next year god willing
Old 11-01-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hi Lovely Grats

Grateful to be sober
Grateful for all of you

Grateful RZ's chemo went relatively well and for his positive attitude, you are such an inspiration!
Grateful Fearless is diligent and strong in her sobriety. I hope you enjoyed the Halloween party!
Grateful Valentine feels better after some quality sleep.
Grateful for Austerities thoughtful post.
Grateful for Aly's fun emojis!
Grateful for Least's post
Grateful that Rose got to spend quality time with son and granddaughter. I hope the optician can fix your glasses! I've actually made an appointment for next week to get my eyes checked. I don't wear glasses now, but I struggle to read text on TV or far away. I went to get checked a few years back and they said it wasn't really pronounced enough to warrant glasses, but I've noticed it has really deteriorated, so I think it may be time!
Grateful for Hev's happy news about finding new homes for all the lovely doggos!
Grateful for Courage's post.
Grateful FBL is spreading teh Grat good will. I have my own SR classmate, Numblady to thank for encouraging me to come here and it's lovely to see both NL and my other classmate PalmerSage here also in addition to our little class thread.
Grateful NL got to squeeze in some yoga. grateful that your staff and colleagues sound to be such wonderful people, just like you.

Take care all and have a safe, sober and happy Friday
Old 11-01-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Grateful for a good, productive week at work.

Grateful to go on the river for three days this weekend. It's going to be cold at night but grateful the daytime temperatures are warming up.

Grateful I bought Henry a new red coat so he doesn't shiver on the river. He looks so handsome in it. I should have bought him some deck shoes and a caramel macchiato and his LL Bean ensemble would be complete!

Grateful the clocks are changing this weekend. It's dark out there!

Grateful for all of you.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:15 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zip - Yes, next year.
Deserto - Henry must look so spiffy.
Rose - Hope you caught up on sleep & haven't caught the bug.
Fearless - Did you wear Eleven's pink dress from the early days?
NewChapter - Grateful Numblady led you here - love you both.
Grateful the high winds from last night didn't knock the power out.
Grateful that even though it's 30 degrees cooler today than yesterday - I am ready for winter to set in. No sense protesting.
Grateful to go back to sleep after waking up in a panic at 3am. What was I upset about? Can't remember.
Grateful it's another weekend spent doing good stuff, not getting numb & stupid.
Grateful for the privilege of knowing you all.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:38 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to see Billie's sweet face first thing when I wake up. Grateful to wake up sober.

FBL, the Gratitude Guy! That fits!
Old 11-01-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
next year god willing
amen.

Grateful to feel better after a bout with a bug.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Deserto, I love the image that comes to mind re Henry. Also, please don't let him shiver on the river!
Rose, thank you. There have been no high winds here last couple days and no more planned power outages for the foreseeable future. I had to give myself a break from all the news, including the fires. The only news I need now is if I happen to receive an emergency alert text on my phone, of which there have been none for a couple days thank goodness! I am praying for all in No & So Ca dealing with ongoing fires. I hope you can get your glasses fixed. Very sorry about that. This has happened with my son's glasses a couple times. These specs are not cheap! Glad I'm still using the Costco packs
Courage, I'm glad you said something about chicken broth. I'm going to make a big pot of broccoli cheddar soup today and without chicken broth, there would be no soup. It's these little things I forget sometimes
FBL, I love that you are the gratitude guy. I see you as our recovery celebrity, but I love the GG too.
Hev, yes, I wore the pink dress. I also had a string of the lights around myself, made myself an Eggo waffle purse and had blood coming out of my nose from exerting too much power to try to keep my demegorgon back (my son). By the way, many people, mostly the old folks thought my son was a scary sunflower. It was so funny!
NCJ, grateful always for your cheerful post
Numblady, your morning sounds like mine. I am taking today off and I started with yoga and mediation! I am glad for your work team. I work in an industry where it is more acromonius and people tend to throw others under the bus.

Grateful to have so much fun at Halloween party last night and trick or treating with the kids. This group is getting a bit old for this, but with all the candy, not sure they'll ever outgrow it. Grateful to have slept great, to wake up sober and hangover free, which I can't say for most of the rest of my friends
Grateful my husband only had two beers last night
Grateful to be hopefully going for a run in a while
Grateful for pumpkin spice pancakes
Grateful so much for each one of you!