Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 93

Old 10-26-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Grateful to see Imvalentine join the grat force.
Grateful Aly is a stable force in her mom’s life.
Grateful for greater awareness around the effects of concussions/head trauma. Grateful I can rely on that research to bolster my case against my son ever participating in (American) football.
Grateful I survived a wedding where I felt more tempted to drink than I ever have (at least that’s how it felt—it was similar to my brother’s reception last weekend but this time servers were walking around offering wine everywhere you went; at one point i looked around and literally every single person had a drink that I could see).
Grateful to admit I am struggling.
Grateful I still enjoyed the wedding. It is fun to laugh with people and I very much don’t need booze to do that.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful for a beautiful sunset last night.
Grateful I brought coat and gloves—the ceremony was outside and for Texas it was freezing (in the 50s )
Grateful for your kindness and support.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:25 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

grateful for my gots
Old 10-26-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lmvalentine View Post
I’m new on this thread but read it for inspiration. Trying to stay positive is challenging at times.
Many here do inspire. This is a wonderful forum.

And I agree -- it can be hard to stay positive in challenging times.

I am grateful for another day, having accomplished restful sleep, keeping on with improving my attitude and outlook, and staying hopeful. My canine friend spurs me on to get out and walk -- he loves it, too! The fall colors and fresh air...perfect.

Best wishes for a peaceful weekend along with sending positive vibes to all the grat pack.

One day at a time.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:47 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Imvalentine - grateful to have you join us!
NewChapter - Your horse sounds so lovely. Seems that you two are the perfect pair.
Rose - My trip was quite exciting, as we tried a new grocery store. Don't want to get in a rut. As if that weren't enough, I went through the car wash.
Anaya - I know what you mean about dogs spurring us on. I miss my Jackpot (my avie) but will one day have a new friend. Hard to do without them.
Numb - Congratulations for rising above that huge challenge. My first year I had a few of those. I felt resentment for a short time, but then the thankfulness took over & I was strengthened.
Sending love out to everyone. You mean so much to me.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thank you, New Chapter for your kindness, which a lot of horses need. Sometimes some methods of horse training can be antiquated and some of the up and coming trainers are from Europe and have something to add ,I think. Esp with Dressage and probably jumping, but we do better in jumping than Dressage, which was always my favorite.
Grateful to feel so much better than yesterday from my flu shot! Thank goodness.
Grateful to be able to write about a horse that wasn't mine or mine and not feel like I was going to come inside out. Still have a lot of grief over losing mine over the years.
Grateful for all of you and have a wonderful Sat all! ♥♥♥
Old 10-26-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Grateful to see imvalentine. Welcome to grwtpack!
Grateful to have some time to read and post. I read everything yesterday and start d to post a few times but didn’t finish or send it. Too many distractions.
So grateful for ALL of you!
Grateful Deserto is going to Hollywood. Have fun!
Grateful NL is safe from the rain. Love the joke from your daughter. Glad you are aware you still sometimes struggle. Sometimes I do too. It is important we can admit this and be mindful. I always remember the comment Driguy made that even after what, 30 years, he might have a thought of a drink and he just laughs it off. I think that helps. I also play the tape. I think that helps even more. To remember how it always ends. I think about the people in my life who are struggling and have t been able to stop and how they stay in denial even as their disease progresses.
You are such an inspiration, NL!
So glad you feel better, Aly. I had a lingering reaction from my flu shot too, which is now gone.
Well, I already pretty much forgot everything else I was going to say to the rest of you. Just glad you are all here. Everyday!

Grateful to be bracing for massive power outage. We are hearing, yes, this is really going to happen. Grateful to have stocked up on supplies yesterday. I do not fully understand all of this but I am going to be grateful that the firefighters are fighting hard and the power company and other authorities are trying to make the best decisions for our safety, and improve this process which appears to be our new reality here in No Ca.
Grateful for shelter and water and resources, and that despite all the current issues, no, this is not a third world country as some people complain about. This is a first world country and our problems are still first world. Grateful to stay positive
Grateful sonny boy has a play date and sleep over tonight and Mr F and I are going to a grown up Halloween party, power or not. At this time I have no desire to drink but I am aware this is a possibility at any time as NL reminds me, and I am prepared for it. I have near three years in, and I’m not looking back because that’s not the direction I am going
Grateful for each of you and our sober journey together
Old 10-26-2019, 10:29 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that my brother's visit today was brief, cause he was on his way to the urgent care clinic at his drugstore. I hope he gets some relief.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:17 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for easy travels
Old 10-26-2019, 11:19 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful to see imvalentine.
Grateful Numblady didn’t drink at the wedding....no hangovers, guilt or remorse. reach out here if you’re struggling. xx
Grateful for all my Grat Pack friends and your inspiring and honest Grats.
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for a roof over my head
Grateful for the little things.
Old 10-27-2019, 01:42 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Newchance - good that you had such a nice meal out out with your in-laws. I'm lucky with my DIL butI know from my friends with married grown up children that it is sometimes tricky to get that relationship right.

Daisy - when I've finished this, I too will be partaking of a bacon sandwich!

Hi ImValentine - very nice to see you here; welcome. I agree with you and Ananya. Trying to stay positive isn't always easy but at this relatively early stage in my sobriety I do now know, absolutely, that if I were to have a drink any chance of positivity would be toast.

Numblady - not only (American) football, try and keep him off motor bikes as well. They seem to be such a factor here in serious injuries - and worse - caused to young adults I know or know of. Very well done on not giving into temptation at the wedding. I think I'd have found that tough because I've yet to completely escape the 'romanticism' of alcohol. Just a myth of course.

Fearless - 3 years in. I didn't realise that. Wow. That comment of Driguy's after such a long life of abstinence has to be a permanent reminder to us all.

Hev - now don't be deserting Walmart and the Dollar Store for the lure of the new and the luxury of the car wash.

Grateful for a fun evening with friends watching Strictly - Mags will get that reference - and eating dinner cooked by me (again, just saying), with wine not drunk by me (also again, also just saying) and some sublime dessert, not baked by me but definitely eaten by me.
Grateful it's not raining right now. I don't think it stopped yesterday so it's nice to have a breather from it.
Grateful to have gained an extra hour in the morning because today is the day the clocks change by an hour in the UK.
It was lovely to read so many posts on this thread this morning. Very grateful to be a member of this exclusive and inclusive club.
Old 10-27-2019, 02:15 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Sorry NewChapter, not Newchance!
Old 10-27-2019, 03:26 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Grateful to have your collective support.
Grateful to be taking the kids to an exhibit of different forts set up at our wildflower center.
Grateful that we have a whole center dedicated to wildflowers! To echo Fearless people may complain but what a luxurious world we live in in so many ways.
Grateful for some time to post and reflect.
Grateful for sweat pants and comfy clothes—and weather where it’s appropriate to wear them.
Grateful I took 4 kids out to dinner last night by myself and it was actually quite nice, albeit pricey (gonna have to take a page from the Rose playbook and step up the eat at home game).
Grateful alcohol no longer truncates my horizon. Even if it sometimes still clouds my vision.
Grateful for warm black coffee.
Grateful to be here.
Old 10-27-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

grateful for a get together with the old jr high school band guys this afternoon
Old 10-27-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Grateful for my family.
Grateful for my big mug of hot coffee.
Grateful this morning will be over in less than 4 hours.
Grateful for 13 days sober.
Grateful for SR.
Old 10-27-2019, 06:31 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome all.
I’m grateful I have a day in with Gdaughter. Very grateful to be in as it is cold and snowy. Hot coffee is wonderful.
Grateful I heard an owl when out back smoking. They are beautiful creatures. I’m happy to have birds and squirrels to feed and enjoy. I’m off to feed them now.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:02 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to my brother for taking me to the store to get a few things. Grateful he got a prescription and an inhaler at the minute clinic yesterday.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Grateful for a pretty good night's sleep.
Grateful to be informed of the fires going on all over the place and one very close to my sister's house and our house. The wind is terrible and really gets the fires going. Prayers for anyone who has to evacuate or in danger because of the fires.
Grateful for Luke's company. He's so happy when he checks on me in the morning.
Grateful for all of you and the support you all give me to want to stay sober. Peace and love to all of you. ♥♥♥
Old 10-27-2019, 10:35 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - I'm glad you feel better after the shot, & that you can write about horses. I have similar feelings about my dogs of the past.
Prayers going up that the fires will all be brought under control soon.
Grateful for a decent sleep & no 3am wake-ups.
Grateful for the healthy soup MrH made - even though I prefer the creamy ones.
Grateful that I no longer procrastinate the way I once did.
Grateful to acknowledge I can still improve & grow. I don't think of myself as judgmental - but I've caught myself being that way a few times.
Grateful for this special place.
Old 10-27-2019, 10:59 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful that my sisters seem to be doing well.