# 101 (permalink)  

mor'n

****{least}}}

grateful i put the shovel down,

and stopped digging

grateful for surrender
Old 02-09-2011, 04:27 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

good morning on a Hump Day...Wednesday brings a cold morning here (it's a toasty 8 degrees)...but the sun is out and it might hit 30, i am chugging along through a sober February....which is much better than a drunk and destructive February.

grateful for baking a loaf of fresh bread (it's just pillsbury, but why not have fresh as opposed to the grocery stuff)? and having a egg sandwich for breakfast.

grateful i can just go to work today and concentrate on what needs to be done....i have no other junk in my head running through my day....it may feel *boring* but right now boring is GOOD....better than being drunk and self-destructive.

grateful we are one day closer to SPRING.....39 days....and the sun is rising before 7AM...what is more amazing is that i can actually SEE it...no snow this week so far.

later guys, have a wonderful day....i am also grateful to have a very full freezer, now to remember to take something out to defrost!...i think a ham steak fits this Wednesday...i have mashed potatoes and veggies waiting too.

i will go with a big salad for lunch...cukes and tomatoes...it's good to have some fresh produce, well 1/2 way fresh anyway
Old 02-09-2011, 04:52 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Welcome flutter!

Congrats on 100 Chloe! I switched to months at 100 too

Congrats on 31 days smoke free AG...fyi my most recent painting is titled "American Girl"...don't worry its not you, but your name gave me the title so thanks

Feel better least...hugs from me and my pack.

Ummmmmmm...grateful I made the early train this morning??? Lol...I will have more gratitude by this evening...promise
Old 02-09-2011, 05:18 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Grateful that I have the time to read and post on SR this morning. And very grateful that I have a concert ticket tonight to hear some good music.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:42 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Chloe CONGRATS on 100 days sober! That is awesome!

Least hope you feel better soon.

Today I am grateful
  • That I can work from home since we're having yet another storm here in Snowlahoma
  • That I have a second toilet since the one in the master bath seems to have mysteriously lost the chain? (how does this happen?)
  • That I have plenty of food, catfood, and coffee
  • For another sober day
Old 02-09-2011, 06:22 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Today, I'm grateful for the super nutritious breakfast I had this morning. (Can't believe I'm satisfied without a boatload of carbs.)

I'm grateful for Zinger tea that satisfies my need for a hot beverage when I wake up.

I'm grateful that I have a roof over my head, electricity, warm clothes, and a kitchen full of food. It's sooooo cold out there today! I can't imagine how less fortunate people are able to survive.

I'm grateful that I have another day to repair the relationship damage between my mom and myself. (It's been very rocky over the yrs. I'd love for it improve sooner rather than later cause she's getting up there in years now.)

Least: Get some rest and feel better soon.
AmericanGirl: Congrats on being smoke-free for 31 days!

Have a great day Grat Packers!
Old 02-09-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I love the lemon and blue berry zingers mixed together...but I do massive amounts of high octane coffee in the AM too...one i get to work, it's decaf. herbal tea all day.

congrats on the smoking quit AG, it took me several years to get that one down.

no snow is predicted for my area through the weekend. i hope we have seen the last of the wintersnowstorms for awhile!
Old 02-09-2011, 08:45 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Grateful to be able to look towards a slow day... grateful the weather is getting nice.... grateful the Spring is getting closer.... grateful for a full fridge and freezer. May cook something a little different tonight. Grateful the flu has left our house... well, I sure hope so.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:57 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post

Congrats on 31 days smoke free AG...fyi my most recent painting is titled "American Girl"...don't worry its not you, but your name gave me the title so thanks
lol! Can I pretend it's about me and be flattered? My name is from the Tom Petty song. NOT the Dolls (mild embarrassment upon realizing that it could interpreted that way). I'd love to see the painting . .

Least, hope you feel better.

Originally Posted by Fandy

congrats on the smoking quit AG, it took me several years to get that one down.
Thanks! I'm hoping it sticks this time. I had a good two years but they went out the window after a death in the family (and I was smoking, albeit lightly, for two years after that . . . ) Day by day . . .

My morning grat this morning is something I posted over in Newcomers http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...726-money.html

I'm pretty amazed how much drinking has turned around my $ situation . . . Fandy, I know you have also had a great experience with this. I'm grateful that my sobriety and SR has allowed this to happen.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-09-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Grateful I still can learn a few things.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Heathen

Grateful for today! And pancakes in bed
Old 02-09-2011, 04:09 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

smacked - pancakes in bed sounds great, think I'll try that this weekend!

AG - I read your fantastic post in Newcomers - congratulations!!!!!!! I could have written your story, and I know so well that awful middle of the night feeling. Knowing the debt is just getting bigger and bigger, but not having enough hope or initiative to do anything about it.

I'm still working on it but I've made a lot of progress, like you, and it is one of the best parts of sobriety! I guess I feel pretty chuffed too Losing the sense of helplessness and especially the shame of doing nothing to try to solve the problem has been so freeing. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!

Congrats again and thanks for reminding us all of this great benefit of recovery.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

oh thanks so much sneezy! yes Yes YES to all that you say. The shame of not doing anything about it was constant nightmare. Leading to actual nightmares many times. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well with it too now. It's such a rewarding experience!

See you guys in the a.m.! Grateful for gratitude lists.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:45 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

who's got the syrup?

grateful for a way early up

grateful for some spiritual conntection time,

for some spiritual improvement time,

and some for me futzing around time
Old 02-10-2011, 03:14 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Also grateful for some quiet reflective time in the morning

(as reflective as one can be with a dog madly chasing a ball around the living room)

Grateful for my laptop and connection to be able to check in every morning

Grateful for the rhythms of the day
Old 02-10-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Nikko and Jack are getting brushed out at the vocational school today. Grateful that altho I'm still sick it isn't from drinking.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:01 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sneezy View Post
Also grateful for some quiet reflective time in the morning

(as reflective as one can be with a dog madly chasing a ball around the living room)
LOL!!!

Grateful today for good memories of Spring. Grateful to be marching forward towards March. I am not a February fan, but I hope this crap weather will make me appreciate the Spring weather that much more.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:10 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

I am also grateful for "futzing time" i can be the queen of futzing...it is very enjoyable.

AGirl, I am grateful every time I write the mortgage check...I think I have knocked 10 months off so far!....my friend also did this (without an alcohol albatross around her neck)....and paid off her house early enough to retire 3 years early....a reason to stay sober in itself! financial freedom= less stress=less reason to drink.

grateful for 7 solid hours of deep restful sleep...must be the Pomegranite soothing tea and a mucinex...knocked me out before 10PM, but i feel so RESTED.....when I was drinking, i was lucky to get 3-4 hours a night it was terrible to be constantly brain-dead from exhuastion....sober sleep is wonderful.

grateful to get chores done at 6AM!!! fresh sheets, laundry done, dog got a 1/2 way decent walk as we are having a heat wave of 25 degrees.

grateful the the weatherman says no snow except a short burst on Saturday! this is very exciting...what is not melting may evaporate....i can appreciate not walking like a penguin everytime i set foot outside.

so grateful for my strong delish. coffee...ok i am on the 4th cup, but it sure beats drinking wine for breakfast, blech. oatmeal and fruit for breakfast too.

back later grat-pack i hope you all have a wonderful day
Old 02-10-2011, 05:04 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Apparently, I have some kind of addict amnesia! Because, I completely forgot that I use to drink wine for breakfast too. Remembering all the crazy things I did while drinking is freaking me out! NOTE TO SELF: NEVER EVER PICK UP A DRINK AGAIN!!!

Today, I'm grateful for the determination to make a better life for myself.

I'm grateful that my blood glucose level has been consistently at optimal level. Finding out both parents have diabetes was enough to shock me into taking better care of myself.

I'm grateful for a more positive outlook on life.

Have a wonderful day GRAT PACKERS!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Good morning grateful people

I'm grateful that I didn't wake up to below zero temps.. it's a balmy 12 degrees.

Grateful that baby is still sleeping, and I have some 'futzing' time for a bit before work.

Grateful that it's almost Friday

Grateful to wake for the 784th day sober, clear headed and empowered to have the best day I can. (I don't normally check my 'days' but figured, what the heck?).