Notices

Morning Gratitude-Part 18

Old 02-06-2011, 03:46 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Good Morning Rusty and the Grat Crew,

Grateful to be up and at 'em this morning as there is a lot of work to do today. Have to get the boys up, get them in the tub, take them to my parents and then start cleaning. We have a showing on our house this afternoon. Crossing my fingers. Hope everyone has some fun today
Old 02-06-2011, 04:10 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good luck, Reub!

Grateful to be up, though not at'em exactly

Grateful for the inspiration of those whose weekends have been so productive!
Old 02-06-2011, 04:16 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Good morning!

Practically toasty warm here at 7 am, 25 degrees and I don't have to go to work.

This means I have time to take the dogs for an off-leash run at the lake beach as soon as it gets light. No hangover = the will to bundle up and get out there.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:44 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful I no longer wake up in the throes of w/d, pacing the house until the store opens to get more wine...

Grateful instead I wake up happy and enthusiastic, not haunted and shaking.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:13 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Decide. Commit. Succeed.

Today, I'm grateful to have survived my first week caffeine-free! Now it time to start working on limiting my carb consumption.

I'm grateful that I feel energetic today. Which means that I can get a ton of cleaning done around the house.

I'm grateful for another day sober and happy.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:26 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Chloe; I make sure to take a good multi (capsule form dissolves better for me), iron, calcium and 2500 vitamin D, a variety of supplements (fish oil and flaxseed oil caps). i also take SAM-e and st.johns wort especially in the dark season, it helps me with my depression.

i try to eat a good higher protein, more veggies and less white foods diet. (at least 5 whole eggs a week too) i alternate shampoos with a Keratin one i got from the salon and that WEN stuff...i now have nothing in my comb....last March it was coming out by the handful in every shower and my comb was full...prior to this i was drinking heavily for 3 months and eating poorly. i was dissolving a long-term live in relationship and not sleeping either.

i color with the natural instincts during the grow back because it coats the hair and makes it look thicker, its non peroxide low ammonia, very gentle.

i'm very grateful that my hair has come back and that i listened to my hairdresser.

i'm grateful that it is SUNDAY and i do not have to jump up and run around.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:41 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

Grateful to catch up with your posts! Grateful that my travels this week were safe and I managed to avoid the severe weather. Grateful that I saw and heard some beautiful art this week. Grateful to be heading home this afternoon.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:00 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Grateful for another day to get things done before the work week starts.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:16 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

And one more - Today I am most grateful that my friend Alexvt now has 90 days of sobriety!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:15 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Grateful that today I have to do NOTHING... just hang and enjoy. I think some TV time with kids is in order. And I have a frozen lasagna... yeah, should be a relaxing day.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:18 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I'm very grateful that i have all of my documents ready for the accountant...of course i left one at work, but i can add that in tomorrow.

Life is so much easier and less stressful this year...i am not anxious, worried making myselrf crazy as i did when i was drinking heavily....i have my finances in order, i pay my bills and know where i am spending my $$...Last year it was disorganized CHAOS, scrambling while being constantly hungover or drunk, they tended to blend together.

i am so grateful that i pulled my head out of my buttisimo and got myself to a better place....depressed or not, there is NO excuse for me not paying attention to my $$, because i am all i have to depend on.

back later for more grats....i hope you all have a wonderful HAPPY day!
Old 02-06-2011, 08:40 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Fandy...I should be paying more attention to my hair...towards the end of my drinking I was getting a "wide" part...I think its gotten better...hopefully I will continue to see improvements...funny we can tell the health of our animals by their coats and I never applied it to myself!

Least..."haunted" is exactly how I felt when I drank...Thanks for using that word

Today I am grateful for a sunny warm morning to take the dogs to the park...we will go again this afternoon and then I will go to IKEA tonight to exchange my curtains...I am guessing it will be nice and quiet

Happy Sunday all!
Old 02-07-2011, 02:34 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

mor'n gang

you've come a long way fands

grateful for those 24's

and grateful to have, and still do,

pay attention to what needs to be done
Old 02-07-2011, 03:12 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Morning RZ and everyone

Grateful for Monday mornings and a job to go to!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

good morning gratties;

i am grateful to have gotten a good sleep (missed most of Glee but i watched the Thriller dance), on my 3rd cup of coffee and very excited that the temps are *supposed* to hit 43 degrees today...before the "snow event" tomorrow (i am talking like Al Roker).

grateful to be up and moving and getting ready for work.....and do a load of laundry too.

plan to get to work early and leave early, i want to do some stuff at home and try a new recipe i saw on tv....sober activities i would never bother with before.

yes, RZ i HAVE come a long way since last year...yesterday would have been my first X-husbands 56th birthday....he died last October....i always think that he died of stupidity.....drinking a bottle of vodka every day, ignoring his health, weighing 350 lbs. eating rich fatty foods and not getting any exercise....i remember looking at him one day a couple of years ago and his face was definitely yellow....and he ignored it all.

so it took me from October to February to decide i did not want to follow him...i'm still working on perfecting my methods and getting enough exercise, but i am a "work in progress"

i am grateful to be sober today and plan to stay that way.

i am grateful to be up early enough to enjoy some computer time and pack a healthy lunch and snack for work...i had my junk yesterday (along with /cherry garcia)
Old 02-07-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm grateful to wake up happy and healthy and sober, with the day to myself. Grateful that this coming Thursday two of my dogs (the shibas) are going to the vocational high school for a good brush out. Both have started shedding but Jack looks horrible and needs a good deep brushing.

I am also grateful for the good care they get at the high school's Animal Care class and the cheap price for their services.

Grateful too for all the blessings that come with living sober. I was at a store the other day and they asked my age, for whatever reason, so I made them guess. They guessed 45!! And I'm heading for 60 this summer!! Wow! But I have a glow to my face that I didn't used to have and I feel so good on the inside that it's reflected on my outsides.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:34 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi grats!

Today I am grateful
  • For another day of sobriety
  • That I got out Sat night for dinner and a movie. (been cooped up due to the snow storms)
  • For supportive family and friends
Old 02-07-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Least - that's lovely that there is an Animal Care class at your local high school that will brush your dogs. I like knowing that there are still high schools that provide vocational classes that in turn provide low cost services to the community. That's what I call intelligent thoughtful goodness.

And that thought has given me today's gratitude: I am grateful for all the simple everyday goodness that occurs daily in our communities.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:16 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Grateful for me favorite seat on the train. Grateful for a warm day. Grateful I don't have to watch the Superbowl I can just follow it on FB...lol
Old 02-07-2011, 06:32 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Grateful the Packers won and it was an awesome game
Grateful it was my 6th Super Bowl Clean/Sober
Grateful although I didn't get much sleep I watched two cool DVD's one was called Stone w/Ed Norton and Deniro and then I watched Chain letter although it was kinda scary and very bloody lol
Have a mighty Monday (can tell Im tired)