Famous Last Words (from my addict) v2.0

Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by puddinface View Post
After finding a bottle of pills he says..."Its only Vitamin C.."
OMG- just saw this after my post-- lol. We got the same guy? Or are they all the same? lol
Old 11-02-2010, 08:38 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by duet_4-8 View Post
Maybe we should start another one..Famous Last Word (of codependents)
I would love that! Oh the silly, stupid, waste-of-energy things I've said/done..... do it!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:40 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I didn't come home last night but will be there tomorrow night... a week later still not home lol.

I have to take pills because my back hurts
ME: well go to the doctor
Him: I don't have the money for a doctor.
Me: sure would save you money in the long run.

I don't call and let you know I am ok because one you should already know and I don't wanna hear what your gonna say.

I was put in the hospital a few weeks ago and my daughter grabbed a pullover of mine for me. The next day I found his pills in it I called him and he said why did you get that shirt I didn't figure anyone would touch it... Duh it is mine.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:19 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

this is the latest one from my AD....
I only take 1 pill(roxy) a day now just so i dont get sick.. geeze thats alot better then when i was doing 3 a day you give me no credit at all..
Old 11-03-2010, 08:56 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I love this thread!

Of course I get the famous "I'll pay you back" on a regular basis.
After not showing up home for several, several hours "I'm just out with my buddies, I'm not doing anything wrong." Really, it is 5 in the morning what could you be doing that is right?

"My buddy's dad just died." I would feel bad had it been true!!
"He (the dealer) is the only friend I have left other than you."
"He (the dealer) can talk me into a better mood when I'm angry. All we do is talk."
"I left gas in your truck for you this time, don't be mad that I was gone for hours." Only for me to get in the truck drive two blocks and the gas light to come on (when I had given him $20 for gas).
"I'll be home in a few minutes." Now days later!
"I don't know why I'm losing so much weight. You need to cook more fattening foods."
"Look at me, I am HOT! " with all seriousness....he looks terrible
"I have been working so hard and I am exhausted. I just need sleep" After working all day and staying up all night for 4 days straight.
"Please look out the window and tell me if that gray Dodge is still following me." This is only funny because he has paranoia so bad right now. It scares me but at the same time I feel crazy actually looking out my window!! He is paranoid about everything.
"I don't understand why you're mad. It has to be because I was right, you can hear all my phone calls and read all my texts!" Uh, yeah, could it be because you haven't been home for 3 days!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by myernie View Post
"Look at me, I am HOT! " with all seriousness....he looks terrible

Last month, my axbf took pictures of himself while he had a warrant out for his arrest and from the pictures, he was obviously under the influence, and posted them all over Facebook. I texted him and said "Take those pictures down. They're embarrassing." He said "Whatever, I look hot. I've gotten a ton of compliments." The caption on one of of the pics was "AMAZING."

Oh, and come to find out the new jacket he was wearing, I had bought for him with my credit cards, or should I say he bought with MY credit cards.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:37 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

(I guess this is an open list, I have one that dropped my jaw)

"No, I wouldnt just take your car without asking, you always want to fight and accuse me of ****!!"

(Really, because when I woke up last night and the spare key was gone I checked the parking lot, guess what so was the car, and when I woke up this morning came into the living room and realized you were sprawled out in the doorway and had only managed to take on shoe off and one leg out of your pants I checked again for my car and it has dimples!!! What did you hit?)

I've never wrecked a car, someone must have hit you in the parking lot.

(..............silence)
Old 11-10-2010, 05:19 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

"YOU ARE THE WOMAN OF MY DREAMS" , "I WANT TO GROW OLD WITH YOU", IF YOU JUST STICK BY ME, I PROMISE I WILL CHANGE IN TO THE MAN YOU DESERVE", " DONT TELL ME I WONT CHANGE!!!~!~" "I DONT WANT A GOOD TIME GIRL, I WANT A GIRL WHO WILL ALWAYS HAVE MY BACK", "HOW CAN YOU JUST TURN YOUR BACK ON ME, DONT YOU LOVE ME", "YOU NEVER LOVED ME", "YOUR SELFISH", "I CANT LIVE WITH OUT YOU"....."IM NOT DOING DRUGS........YOUR CRAZY", 'JUST PLEASE LISTEN TO ME...ITS NOT WHAT YOU THINK", "WHAT IS YOUR CRAY BRAIN CONCOCTING NOW"," I DONT KNOW WHY SHE IS TELLING EVERYONE THAT WERE TOGETHER, IVE NEVER SAID MORE THAN TWO WORDS TO HER, SHE MUST BE PSYCHO OR OBSESSED WITH ME...I HONESTLY DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO ENCOURAGE IT", "YOU ARE TRHE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME", "I LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK A MILLION TIMES", "PLEASE BABY STICK BY ME i PROMISE I WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU'....HES IN PRISON NOW...SOMEHOW I DONT THINK HE WILL BE HERE FOR ME OR WAS EVER GOING TO BE!!!!!!!!!! MASTERS OF MANIPULATION WITH WORDS!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 05:23 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

I am going to get my journal out and post the lies i have heard...wait till you hear these!!!!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

The literal last words I heard 6 days ago....

"Let me go cash my check and I'll be right back with some money for you."
Old 11-10-2010, 05:53 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hahhaaa..this is great!!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:22 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

"I don't know what you are freaking out about, I only took a benadryl"

"I didn't steal your prescription, it must have been the kids" (really? they are 8 & 6??)

"Of course, I'm ok. I'm only taking the stuff my dr gave me" (4 - 6 pills every 1-2 hrs - right??? )

"Not everyone can be perfect like you, ya know - we all aren't GOD" this was always followed by "Do you know how much I admire your spirituality and relationship with God?"

"I was just resting my eyes for a second, wait how did this cigarette burn thru my shirt?"

Well, these are a little funny & insane, but as I read this ~ I am reminded how miserable I was for those many many years - Today I'm grateful that this is not my life 24/7 anymore - THANK YOU to my HP for deliverance! Oh Dear God, please kill me now if I ever had to go back to living with this again. PINK HUGS to all, Rita
Old 11-10-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

"Don't tell me what I need to do until you can understand what I am going thru!"

"Go ahead 'Google it!' because google does heroin it won't make you an expert!"......really?

"I can't control it, it's like a warm hug, everything just disappears" .....You just threw up on yourself "the hug was to tight" (I swear on my children these were the exact words spoken).......silence

What happened to your arm?! "I gave blood"....Where, at a street clinic!? "they had a Kiosk in the mall, they were volunteers, she said it was the first time she had ever drawn blood." .........seriously

"Did you throw that baggie away in the mirror?".... Yeap "Why?" .....excuse me, you're serious?

*The ones before this one were sort "are you kidding me I can't beilieve we are having this conversation right now" this one hurts and kinda made me come to terms that he will over dose and prob kill himself and I just have to sit back and watch this was his first of 3 back to back od's within the last 2 an a half weeks

20 Minutes after he came out of his first ER overdose and realises what happened.... "That was ruthless, I never thought I could get my hands on dope that potent I shoulda hooked him sooner" ........
Old 11-10-2010, 09:55 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

"I've been with my family all day. It's been a heartwrenching day, but it helped me realize how much I loved you and how I'm going to do the right thing and turn myself in. When I do it, it will be solely be because of my love for you."

Meanwhile he was on a heroin binge with some girl he had just met who was in recovery at the time. He was never with his family. Heartwrenching day? Doing what, drugs? Now that I've looked back on the situation and all the ******** he said to me, I truly believe that this guy has never felt love, nor does he have any clue what it means to love somebody. To him, it's just words on paper. He would always text me "Hello, my love." Nobody talks like that. It was somebody who's read too many books and had never actually experienced it. He's too broken to know what love really is.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:49 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Yes...I completely agree! I heard the stuff from romance novels too and thought, wow this is amazing stuff coming from a man who has literaly been a drug addict and in detention centers and jail most of his life!! What do they teach these guys in jail...how to con women when they get out??? I just want to kick my own #** when I think about how stupid I was to believe anything he said!!

This thread is such good therapy..it adds humor and insight!!!!
Old 11-11-2010, 05:51 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stacecakes View Post
Yes...I completely agree! I heard the stuff from romance novels too and thought, wow this is amazing stuff coming from a man who has literaly been a drug addict and in detention centers and jail most of his life!! What do they teach these guys in jail...how to con women when they get out??? I just want to kick my own #** when I think about how stupid I was to believe anything he said!!

This thread is such good therapy..it adds humor and insight!!!!
Oh wow, it's good to hear from other people that they've heard the same ********.

I couldn't agree more! One of my friends, who is a recovering addict, gave me the Narcotics Anonymous book to read. It was quite an eye-opener. In the first chapter, it tells you everything you need to know about how addicts operate. It basically says (not verbatim) "I will do everything I can, say anything I can, manipulate people, and lie to keep the addiction going." Think of it this way: there is the truth, and then there is the truth in an addict's world, two different things. "Where were you last night?" The addict's truth: "I was chilling at home watching TV." The truth: "I took a bunch of painkillers and passed out."

Personally, I feel as if they manipulate women because love is blind. It's easier for somebody who loves you to believe your lies because they want to believe them. I think there's a part of them that blames the people they manipulate, as if "Well, if they're so stupid to believe me, then it's there own fault." In my letter I wrote to my axbf, I said "It takes two people to create deception. The person who lies, and the person who believes. Unfortunately, I was the latter."

Since an active addict can't really love, everything they say to keep us around is just words. They have no meaning. They can't feel anything anyways. They're so numb from the drugs. But, they know what to say and how to say it. They know what we want to hear.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:44 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

After going through 4 days of withdrawal (don't they know we can tell?)... "I run out of pills because my dr. only prescribes 7 days worth and I don't see him til the 8th day. I've been going through withdrawal every week on the 8th day. I could NEVER be an addict, those withdrawals suck!"

"If only you'd get your head out of your ass, we could buy a house and move forward with our lives".

"Since I've been seeing my new doctor, I've been doing really good, I haven't run out a day early". Yeah, you feel like crap for the last few days, but you always have ONE left for that last day. Good for you!

"I would never cheat on you. If you leave, 50% of people will cheat and you'll probably end up with someone who will cheat on you. That's why you shouldn't leave me".
Old 11-11-2010, 09:11 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
aka Miss Scarlett O'Hara

Another good one...

"Narcotics really help my ibs. I can tell because when I don't have them, my stomach acts up and I don't feel good."
Old 11-11-2010, 11:06 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

status quo

After a week long disappearance & pill binge:
"I just cant sleep in my truck again tonight, I have to come home...I haven't slept in days!! someone has robbed me, stolen my money...drivers license...everything...I also need to go to the hospital, I have pneumonia. I think I left my phone there...If you don't pick up your phone I am going to break in the house, and don't get mad ...I am not going to be responsible for a broken window or anything...I need my stuff..."
Old 11-11-2010, 11:31 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canyon818 View Post
After a week long disappearance & pill binge:
"I also need to go to the hospital, I have pneumonia. .."
I just heard the pneumonia one last week after a 5 day disappearance too! I wanted to say "if you would quit smoking that meth you wouldn't feel like you have pneumonia!"