View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:51 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
DaisyBuchanan

Originally Posted by stacecakes View Post
Yes...I completely agree! I heard the stuff from romance novels too and thought, wow this is amazing stuff coming from a man who has literaly been a drug addict and in detention centers and jail most of his life!! What do they teach these guys in jail...how to con women when they get out??? I just want to kick my own #** when I think about how stupid I was to believe anything he said!!

This thread is such good therapy..it adds humor and insight!!!!
Oh wow, it's good to hear from other people that they've heard the same ********.

I couldn't agree more! One of my friends, who is a recovering addict, gave me the Narcotics Anonymous book to read. It was quite an eye-opener. In the first chapter, it tells you everything you need to know about how addicts operate. It basically says (not verbatim) "I will do everything I can, say anything I can, manipulate people, and lie to keep the addiction going." Think of it this way: there is the truth, and then there is the truth in an addict's world, two different things. "Where were you last night?" The addict's truth: "I was chilling at home watching TV." The truth: "I took a bunch of painkillers and passed out."

Personally, I feel as if they manipulate women because love is blind. It's easier for somebody who loves you to believe your lies because they want to believe them. I think there's a part of them that blames the people they manipulate, as if "Well, if they're so stupid to believe me, then it's there own fault." In my letter I wrote to my axbf, I said "It takes two people to create deception. The person who lies, and the person who believes. Unfortunately, I was the latter."

Since an active addict can't really love, everything they say to keep us around is just words. They have no meaning. They can't feel anything anyways. They're so numb from the drugs. But, they know what to say and how to say it. They know what we want to hear.