Penny For Your Thoughts ...Part 14

Old 06-19-2007, 06:28 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

ok i'll retract the zoo statement. and the ducks will be outside, i am not having ducks in the darn house. the turtles will stay inside. will the cats bug the turtle? their good mousers, thank god, but now i'm worried if i leave them in the house alone with the turtle they'll bug him, or worse.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I am laughing my yeah that off....we had a, yes, one...baby duck given to us when we were kids. It was a baby and bonded to our dog...thought it was a dog and followed dog everywhere. Cute. But could never go outside barefoot again!

Ducks walk around and squirt poo. They poo alot. It's what they do...poo.

I have a feeling I am going to be getting some chuckle later when it comes to SEVEN ducks!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Im sure any farm store will have it. I also found they eat snails and slugs and earthworms those most petstores carry for reptiles (and bait shops) tehy also eat greens, mustard greens, collard, dandilion greens and kale (like your turtle will as he gets older too.)
Old 06-19-2007, 06:31 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

oh great, i have to clean their poop too, damn, now they're not looking so cute!!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

what was he thinking - seven ducks. and of course the kids love them, so we have to keep them.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

gotta put the kids to bed, this could be a while, might be back later. have a great night everyone, cinder hope templeton comes out!
Old 06-19-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

yes our feathered friends have poo issues, as they get bigger you'll need to fence a special area. Im wondering what your gonna do when they are full grown.
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art40334.asp -that talks about how to ahve them inside, LOL
Some cats do go after turtles, you can get a screen lid for the tank. Ive never had a problem but a friend of mine has had her cats dive in her large aquarium and carry off baby turtles
Old 06-19-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

We kept a hard plastic swimming pool with water for our pet duck. y'know kid size.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Well if it gets to be too much I think Ann has a thing for ducks maybe we can pile in the codie bus and do a drive by drop off!!! I'm sure she would love 7 more pooping on her duck.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Rae in a place I rented once lets just say I was having "fun" in the shower with my bf and I lost my balance and put my butt right through the whole shower wall. I mean knocked out all the tile and the wall behind it. Now try explaining that one. I was so embarassed..... Last time in the shower I tell u too dangerous for me. lol. Thats my story of humiliation well I got 100's more though but one at a time. I cant remember exactly what it cost but it wasnt cheap!! I dont blame u I would be livid at your ex fix it and send him the bill wait get him to sign somthing first that way when u take him on Judge Judy you will win and the whole world will know what a JERK he is....... JMHO
Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

jk0975...that must have been a pretty weak shower wall!! One time last summer whaen my ex was all cracked out and begging for $$, I had him go with me and sign a notarized note saying he owes me x amount of money...I think I'm gonna take it to court...i would probably win, do you think so???

a freind of mine dropped his cell phone in my toilet when he was flushing it, the landlord payed for that one...they had to replace the toilet.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:46 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I rarely chat over here with you folks, but I must tell you that I bought the funnest CD today! It is by the artist Mika and it is GREAT!! So fun and bouncy--he sounds almost like Freddie Mercury! It's a throw back to the days of glam---with a new style! Check it out!
Old 06-19-2007, 08:02 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

I think u would win he signed and admitted he owed u money isnt that all u need. Well I did go threw that wall with some force lol.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:46 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj0975 View Post
I think u would win he signed and admitted he owed u money isnt that all u need. Well I did go threw that wall with some force lol.
Are you saying I would win in small claims court or not? It's notarized, it's a legal document. he gets a big $25,000 settlement this fall for something that happened to him.

Anyways, good news I hope...
I was talking to my neighbor in my same building here and she has been living here for 9 yrs. and she said that i should just call maintenence and they will fix my back...the landlord doesn't even have much contact with what the mainenece guys do...they will fix it no questions asked she said!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

hey everyone, its hump day!! hope everyone is having a good one. i'm off to run errands, get some duck food, rah is off from work today cuz its raining so i get to spend the whole day with him, oh boy. can you feel my excitement, not! rae-how did you make out with your door? and i agree with kj that you would win in small claims court. but you can't get blood from a stone so if hes got nothing, you'll get nothing, but i would do it anyway, but thats just me. cinder - is templeton out yet? alright, i'm off talk to ya later.
Old 06-20-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Its very quiet in here today everyone must be working sigh...... Rae I do believe if its notorized it is a legal document and would hold up in court. I think it costs 25-50 for small claims court and u can add that into what u want so he pays u back for that too. I dont know alot about this though. What do u got to loose?

Well I'm off to clean finally I hope u had a good day with rah!!
Old 06-20-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I'm not working today. I have to go in tomorrow and Friday though.
I'm only 4'11 and have been haqving a hard time reaching things in high places lately lol. With no foot stool in site it's been frustrating me.

I google searched advantages of being short and guess what I learned?

Short people are at a lessor risk of breaking a hip when you get older and fall. Why? Because you have a shorter distance to the ground!
Thats comforting........................
Old 06-20-2007, 11:06 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Rae, file small claims paperwork now. Get a judgment against him now to put a lien on the money he's getting, otherwise you may enver see nothing. Also, if he was cracked out when he signed, he could ahve a defense as to not knowing what he was signing,Id try anyway.

(Oh and if the notary is your family or friend, that could be another obstacle.)
Old 06-20-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Loves, the pet store people agreed with you, something has spooked Templeton or hed come out. Yesterday the kids voices were spooking him when I was bribing him.

I bought him a nice new cozy cage for when he returns
Old 06-20-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
Loves, the pet store people agreed with you, something has spooked Templeton or hed come out. Yesterday the kids voices were spooking him when I was bribing him.

I bought him a nice new cozy cage for when he returns
I thought that might have had something to do with his behavior. Rat's are very intelligent creatures and make excellent pets. You can tame them like dogs. So for such a friendly little fella to be in hiding and too scared to come out, something must have spooked him. I don't know how you would make him feel secure enough to come out though. Maybe have the kids be really quiet for a little while and just sit in there and talk to him. Give him the chance to know it's just you and him in there. Maybe he'll feel secure enough and come to you.