Penny For Your Thoughts ...Part 14

Old 06-19-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

KJ do you have popsicles? They are a great way to beat the heat.
ANyone want to call my brother for me, I dont ahve the strength to hear how awful his migraines are and that he cant get more Oxy till Friday. I want to scream isnt that what lead you to running guns for H and losing your wife and kids. Course I wont say a thing, cause its none of my business.

But I also will not feel sorry for him I have migraines and migraine seizures and manage to without hard drugs work adn raise three kids with no help on the same salary taht keeps him living in a room at my dads
Old 06-19-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

kj-yeah i'm looking for houses non stop, our big prob is that we can only rent right now - which is fine with me, no way i'd sign a mortgage with rah just yet. but its so hard to find someone to rent to a family of six within the kids school area - its pretty small with very few rentals, no apt buildings or anything, so when you find one you have to jump real fast or it will be gone. i'm sure we'll find something soon, just not soon enuf for me! so, is the mouse gone yet? i would've left the house for the whole day, i'm such a wimp.

cindi-when you call him back - just ask whats up and if the conversation is not what you want to hear tell him someones at the door or that kids need you and you have to go. keep it short and then forget it, hes a grown man, he'll be ok.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well my knight in shining armor just got home and flipped the breaker for me and found another BABY mouse downstairs good lord they are breading he said he threw it out. I wonder if they are coming in the house looking for water since its been so dry. I just hope my mean ol cat is a hunter since hes only been outside once. Well during the 5min he was outside he managed to kill a chipmunk and a bird and almost another chipmunk that Scott rescued barely hanging on. So I think if there are any he will get them. Well all I know is if there is babies there is a mom and dad somewhere YIKES I better start packing heading for the hills.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

KJ, good news they are social so if they get word theres a cat killing the young, they will move on.

MIne is still hiding out.

Brother wanted to see if I still needed to talk from 2.5 weeks ago. I said no, all is fine and he said great call me if you need anything. I was worried for nothing.

Now how does my floor get so dirty, I need to mop but I dont wanna, mopping the kitchen, dining room, livingroom adn office is a work out
Old 06-19-2007, 05:23 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Question

Has anybody here ever had to have a door-jamb fixed? If so what did it cost?

My back door was broken into and I don't know how to fix it.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:29 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

okay Cinder, when the going gets rough I ask hubby, so I told him about Templeton.
He wants to know whether the rat is female...he is thinking it might have something to do with building a nest?

I am sure loves who has experience will have a better clue.

And again hubby consult...raerae...what is it all made of the door and the frame and how is it damaged?
Old 06-19-2007, 05:37 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post

And again hubby consult...raerae...what is it all made of the door and the frame and how is it damaged?
My building is old and made of brick...the wood part of the jamb is all messed up and some of the cement that was inside is gone...was knocked out. The door itself is ok.

I called a repairman - he is going to look at it tomorrow and give me an idea...I'm so scared that it is going to be really expensive!
Old 06-19-2007, 05:46 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Rae Rae it shouldnot be too pricy, but if you rent I think the landlord should fix it.

Live, Templeton is a male and still quite young. I was reading online that while he comes to me in familiar places, if hes scared he would not mainly do to being young. It seems Ive done all I can short of ripping the cabinet out. I sure hope he comes out soon its been over 24 hours. I just put blueberries out for them he likes them and a piece of wheat toast
Old 06-19-2007, 05:47 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

He says it is a very simple job...requires some molding, caulking and a small bag of concrete. He says it would take him about 3 hours including going to the home depot for supplies.

What he will charge? Dunno.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:49 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

i called the tenent's info place and they said i have to fix it.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

kj, I am on the substance abuse thread with others about the caffeine ....right now I have the most clean time, pride yeah, the sin Pride keeps me from having any in my coffee. I think the vitamins helped some. I feel better, but still haven't done anything...but at least I haven't gone back to bed. Baby steps! LOL
Old 06-19-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
He says it is a very simple job...requires some molding, caulking and a small bag of concrete. He says it would take him about 3 hours including going to the home depot for supplies.

What he will charge? Dunno.
The guy I called estimated around $150...but he is gonna look at it tomorrow...i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't more than that.
I hate my exabf!!!! It is his fault and he said he would send me $$ to fix it...of course he never did...he seems to think he has to see me in person to give me the money...grrrrrrrr

Thanks you guys for the input...
Old 06-19-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Well Templeton likes toast. The little rat grabbed it outta my hand still will not come out. I really do not understand, unless the kids scared him. I guess atleast I know ehs alive and should be thirsty soon
Old 06-19-2007, 06:06 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

hubby says that is a fair price, we assume that includes materials.

AWWW....Cinder many years ago my kids had bunnies, they got loose and hid in the barn, which had a dirt floor, I laid for hours with lettuce etc to try to get them close enough to catch them....everytime they got close the damned German Shephard would break the chain and come after them. He's the one that knocked the cage down in the first place. So I would go chain him up....lay on the ground...etc etc...damned dog kept breaking the chain everytime I almost had a breakthrough.
I did eventually get them back in their cages....but the next day when I went out....dog was off the chain and there was bits of fur in the yard. What to tell the kids? That their beloved dog ate them? I don't remember what I said, but probably some feel good fairy tale.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

cinder- i really don't know how you do it with templeton and all. i'm sure he'll come out eventually, right??

rae- hope it doesn't cost to much to fix your door. keeping my fingers crossed for you.

so my kids just adopted 7 baby ducks. anyone know how to care for them?? the people at petsplus looked at me like i was crazy when i asked what to feed them. gotta look it up online. my rah got them from the job they were own, homeowner said the mothers been gone for days, so now i guess i get to play mom to them. so tommorrow my big adventure is figuring out what to do for them. i have a huge fear of doing the wrong thing cuz last summer our puppy died unexpectedly and we never knew why.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Live, thats what Im afraid of it I dont get templeton sonner or later the kids will leave the door open and cat or dog will play throw him up in the air and toss him around till he stops moving.

Finally, where do you have the ducks? I always thought raising one would be cool, raised a goose once, he didnt like me though. I think they eat duck feed. Ill look it up too.

Ummm dont ehy need a pond?
Old 06-19-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

http://www.minkhollow.ca/HatchingPro...n/As-Pets.html
Old 06-19-2007, 06:23 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

right now they are in a large cat carrier (they're still really small) just for the night, i had them in the kids little kiddie pool earlier. tommorrow i'm going to the farm store and hopefully i can get what i need. at first i wanted to strangle rah for bringing them home, but they are so darn cute. and we're supposed to get the turtle this weekend. i went from only two cats to whole darn zoo - ok not quite the zoo that you have cinder, but getting there.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

First of all be careful small turtles and ducks dont mix as ducks will eat a hatchling, amybe not now but in a few months.

And I wanna argue to zoo thing with you....
I thought I had a petting zoo, but I dont have farm animals.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

thanks for the link cinder. very helpful. i really hope i can find the right kind of feed around here.