A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 7

Old 05-07-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  
grateful rca

today cinder, i don't want to not eat, i have a good eating habit this time, its different from all the other times except when he was in prison. then i got up to 110lbs. i guess it maybe because i'm not allowing stress to comsume me this time. i don't want no drama in my life today. i'm sort of at peace, given the circumstances
Old 05-07-2007, 05:19 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

OMG I have been just devastated I havent been able to log on or post here in forever. I dont know what the kids did to my computer this time. I will catch up later. I have missed u all.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i know the feeling kj. my kids have done that resently and i like to have gone beserk. oh i did a little ranting and a little raging and my kids started tring to come up with all kinds of solutions, you should have seen me and them. i hope that don't happen again no time soon. anyway, i'm glad you were able to get it straighten out, i was thinking about you.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:48 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

SInce when does the mom do homework?
My son's end of the year Socuial Studies project is on ancient civilizations. He chose to do an autobiography, but NO, he couldnt do someone easy, he chose King Darius III the Persian King overtaken by Alexander the Great.
So im up doing research
Old 05-07-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i remember the day cinder, glad those days are about over. have fun
Old 05-07-2007, 05:59 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Yeah, my mom never did my projects for me. The worst part is I cant figure out how to dress him up, they didnt where crowns they wore huge gold Alexander the Great hats.

Then my other issue is how Id do the project, the oral report is not 3rd grade level or in 3rd grade words, its college level, how the heck do I downgraade
Old 05-07-2007, 06:08 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
grateful rca

what i used to do was read the info, and help them to reword it to read on their level. in a way that they can give the presentation on their level and in words that they understand and can easily present. maybe you can start by doing an outline of the facts you want to include in the report and then just break it down to 3rd grade level.

seems like we do get to do the projects, but i always felt guilty or like cheating when i helped one that young, makes me wonder who do the teacher think is suppose to do the project.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:19 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Thats what Im doing Teke, sorta. Guess Im glad it didnt chose to do a 3d pyramid or something, Im much better at this. Theyve never taught him how to research I know Mom is supposed to do it
Old 05-07-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

DId I learn this stuff as a kid. Id guess between High School and College I did and Im sure in COllege European History, but I sware I dont remember, we must ahve just touched upon Alexander the great and the Persian Empire and since I didnt do a project on it I let it slip my mind? You think, but I sure dont remember history of ancient civilizations in elementary school. I only remmeber Florida History. And Ive taught myself local history from my own research projects, not schooling. Now all these reaasing has me wanting to rent some educational movies. I think Im gonna rent the movie Alexander the Great
Old 05-07-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  
grateful rca

you mean you have to dress him like king darius too. if so, how you plan on doing that?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:34 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
grateful rca

now thats a good idea cinder, about renting the movie. he'll have a better idea about what went on back then. i don't remember having studied that either, been so long though since i was in the third grade, i don't even remember much about being in that grade at all. i remember a little about king darius by reading the scriptures but don't ask me about what i read, don't remember much about that either. i wish you luck on the school projects, you'll have a lot of practice soon, with 3 boys.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:56 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Thats the thing, well why he chose King Darius, from scriptures he wants to relate the one in the bible with the ruler, its the same person but intertwining them, that the tough part. The kids wants to show the King Darius found favor with God, now whats the teacher gone think of that. Its his project Im giving him the facts and timeline, Ill let him tell it
Old 05-07-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i guess you're right about that, what will the teacher think, well maybe nothing cinder, it'll show his spiritual up bringing and to me, thats a good think to be appreciated. he's in the 3rd grade and if thats who he want to talk about, they ought to just bow their heads and let him.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:37 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone I did catch up a bit. Teke your beautiful and anvil your reflection is beautiful too!!! CInder way to go sticking to your boundries. Nothing new and exciting happening here I wish I had something exciting. But its been drama free!!! YEAH... Off to work sigh.....
Old 05-08-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Made it through another night and the sun is coming up again this morning, well behind the clouds. Either way each morning at dawn a new day starts.

Im realizing alot about myself, just how codependant I am. Found myself sad that shrimping guy wasnt online yesterday to chat with...
...then he got online and I got bored. It really is about the excitement.
I need to focus more on other things. Have to find a way to detach from this computer a little bit, but Im not ready, need to take it slow with that as well.

Ok still quiet around here, kids didnt break anything yesterday and waffles only brough a small mess so I guess all is how it should be
Old 05-08-2007, 04:05 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

I feel the need to, talk..
Dont know why...
My allergies are awful this morning, again, and I feel a little down.
Yet I remember what my counselor said, when you feel down first exmaine what you ate the last 24 hours.
Okay I ate white flour crap, yesterday a doughnut, ramen noodles, chips and waffles.
Crap always makes me feel like crap so I need to get some healthy food in me and take my vitamins, drink a vitamin water and remember this too will pass, and by noon I should feel a little better.
I think this weekend we are gonna get some outside water toys, a kiddie pool and such and rent some movies. Im gonna to spend more time with my kids having fun
Old 05-08-2007, 05:11 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
grateful rca

well i'm up this morning early, gonna go to walk mart on my way back from dropping my son off. don't have any plans for today other than a little comp time and resting while i watch a movie. i haven't had a bad attack of allergy lately, but i usually wake up with a headache because of it. be back in a min
Old 05-08-2007, 06:05 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Power is officially off. Im sure the drama is going to begin. Im praying for strength
Old 05-08-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

I know ANvil, but I hate it because its gonna get crazy, I am sure. And with boss in non recovery dry alkie mode due to this crazy messed up trial, Im having a tough time handling both.
I so want to run away now, can I come to Seattle?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:26 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

That pic is awesome, mind if I download it and save it?