Blogs


Notices

A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 7

Old 05-04-2007, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
grateful rca
Thread Starter
 
teke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: atlanta, ga.
Posts: 4,671
A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 7

continueing the thoughts for the day thread, boy have we covered a lot of recovery ground, somewhere in all of these thoughts. thank you all for sharing your thoughts. you have all been sanity savers. love you all.
teke is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Member
 
cinderellawkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: my own little world
Posts: 9,071
Blog Entries: 1
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-thoughts.html
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html
Other links case anyone cares.
cinderellawkids is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....
 
Lovestoomuch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Safe
Posts: 4,264
Blog Entries: 1
I looked up that fuel cost estimator site. Thanks Anvil. That's pretty neat. At least I have a pretty good idea what the gas is gonna cost me. $270
Lovestoomuch is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca
Thread Starter
 
teke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: atlanta, ga.
Posts: 4,671
thanks cinder, you're a gem, about the links and about the gas calculation. 50.00 aint all that bad, now i don't know if i can drive that far alone, seeing how i'm not really suppose to be driving. gotta check with the older kids and see when we'll be making the trip.
teke is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Member
 
cinderellawkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: my own little world
Posts: 9,071
Blog Entries: 1
What does the jeep get for gas mileage?
cinderellawkids is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca
Thread Starter
 
teke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: atlanta, ga.
Posts: 4,671
thats not all that bad is it loves? i was thinking a whole lot more, scared me there for a minute. you said earlier that noah was having a hard time, is it with you leaving. you'll be back when you can, i guess, won't you. maybe its just the missing you for the little time you'll be gone, huh?
teke is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Member
 
cinderellawkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: my own little world
Posts: 9,071
Blog Entries: 1
Responding from past thread. No I dont grind my own coffee. Isnt it more costly that way? I buy foldgers when I can and storebrand in a crunch, yes its only like $2. But I have $5. My kids need milk and Im a sucker for good flavored creamer.
Of course my garage sale could bring a little bit in too, but ugghh I dont feel like pricing stuff. Ill just get a big sign saying MAke offers.
cinderellawkids is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....
 
Lovestoomuch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Safe
Posts: 4,264
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
What does the jeep get for gas mileage?
Supposably the jeep gets 17 miles to the gallon. Supposably...........we'll see. It's in really good shape for an 89. The cigarette lighter even works still. Plus.............lol.........it's 4 wheel drive..........which will come in handy when I've gotten lost in the middle of BFE and have to turn around.
Lovestoomuch is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Member
 
cinderellawkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: my own little world
Posts: 9,071
Blog Entries: 1
Does the Ac still work? Thats how I judge good shape
cinderellawkids is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Member
 
cinderellawkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: my own little world
Posts: 9,071
Blog Entries: 1
Loves, didnt you say you had a GPS thingy.
You know the things that are supposed to beep at you if you take a wrong turn. I cant ahve one Id throw it out the window
cinderellawkids is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....
 
Lovestoomuch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Safe
Posts: 4,264
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by teke View Post
thats not all that bad is it loves? i was thinking a whole lot more, scared me there for a minute. you said earlier that noah was having a hard time, is it with you leaving. you'll be back when you can, i guess, won't you. maybe its just the missing you for the little time you'll be gone, huh?
Yes........my honey is going to miss me. He kinda likes having me around. That's sweet considering I've been in bitch mode since I've been back. Things will calm down for us more once I get back. I'll be gone a few months. I want to bond with the baby. I figured if I'm going to have a life with Noah here in Texas we need to start living and it will be a while before I get back down south. I've been gone more than I've been here and when I've been here I've been home sick for down there. I've put that man through some stuff.

Then............it seems just as soon as I start adjusting to life here, I have to leave and I don't want to because I know how miserable I'll be the first 2 weeks of my return. And y'all thought you were messed up.
Lovestoomuch is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
grateful rca
Thread Starter
 
teke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: atlanta, ga.
Posts: 4,671
you guys are so funny. its like real live f2f friends you guys are, can't you tell i'm beginning to feel more and more comfortable in talking to you all. its amazing how close i feel to you all since i've been posting here. it feel a little more personal sometimes. i haven't felt afraid to post lately, thats a good thing, right?
teke is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
grateful rca
Thread Starter
 
teke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: atlanta, ga.
Posts: 4,671
Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
Does the Ac still work? Thats how I judge good shape
no cinder, its the radio that make it a good car, thats what i thought
teke is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Member
 
cinderellawkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: my own little world
Posts: 9,071
Blog Entries: 1
On a positive note on the gas subject, Ive only used half a tank this week. Its got to be some kind of a record for me,a nd good timing with these gas prices and my finance crunch
cinderellawkids is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired
 
Jewelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: crossroads
Posts: 2,834
teke, for me I find it as a safe place to post at. Not to say the regular forum wasn't but here its just different for me.
Jewelz is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Member
 
cinderellawkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: my own little world
Posts: 9,071
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by teke View Post
no cinder, its the radio that make it a good car, thats what i thought

Well then my cars crap because once again the fuse to the radio burnt out. No radio and no clock. ANd the extended warrantee doesnt cover the radio
cinderellawkids is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....
 
Lovestoomuch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Safe
Posts: 4,264
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
loves honey, you might want to add a bit for those U-turns, missed exits, and short cuts!!!

Well.........hopefully I'll get on the right exits this time and we won't have to break any laws on this trip.

Yes........the a/c still works too believe it or not. It's not a bad ride considering the age and the mileage.
Lovestoomuch is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Member
 
cinderellawkids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: my own little world
Posts: 9,071
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by teke View Post
you guys are so funny. its like real live f2f friends you guys are, can't you tell i'm beginning to feel more and more comfortable in talking to you all. its amazing how close i feel to you all since i've been posting here. it feel a little more personal sometimes. i haven't felt afraid to post lately, thats a good thing, right?

You guys all have voices in my head. I here ya all at the oddest times. And picture you too. SOmetimes I forget we are only online
cinderellawkids is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired
 
Jewelz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: crossroads
Posts: 2,834
awww, Cindi thats so cute. I guess its the same with me as well. I really do hope we all get to meet up somehow.
Jewelz is offline  
Old 05-04-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
grateful rca
Thread Starter
 
teke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: atlanta, ga.
Posts: 4,671
Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
teke, for me I find it as a safe place to post at. Not to say the regular forum wasn't but here its just different for me.
well jewelz, for me, i think that i'm getting practice with not allowing myself to feel inadequate with my responses. most of the time that i post, i do it in fear, not knowing if what i'm posting sounds off the wall or what? i want to help someone else so badly to feel better to i find myself try really hard to get past my insecurities and the fact that i do a lot of second guessing myself. half the time, i feel like you guys see me as just teke, and its become alright for me.

when i first thought about my thoughts, i thought that it would help me on a day to day, cause usually i didn't have any one to talk to and i didn't want to hog the board with all of my thoughts that may or maynot make much sense or call for a response. it helped me not to have to talk to myself so much, at least this way, every now and again, i get to feel like i'm carrying on a conversation with adults. i've spent so much time these last few yrs with noone to talk to but kids, kids and more kids.

and at one time, i had my ah sneaking to read my post and i kind of felt like i didn't think that he would take the time to read through all of these pages, just to see what i had to say, and if he did at first, it didn't take him long before he lost interest.

i'm learning here, how not to be so afraid of posting on normal post, this is sort of abnormal to me. keep thinking i'm gonna get in trouble for some reason. maybe i'm so use to getting in trouble for whatever reason my ah chose for the day.
teke is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:13 AM.