Blogs

Notices

A Penny For Your Thoughts, Part 7

Old 05-07-2007, 05:04 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

My thought for the moment:
Even cold blood reptiles are ahppy to see me!
I turn on their lights and Colin jumps off his log and excitedly swims to the side of the tank. like "Its mama, I bet she has food, yeah Mamma, feed me first."

When you feel more warmth in your heart by the way turtles act, than your own husband, you know its completely time to let go.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
grateful rca

good morning all, just checking in for now, i'll be back a little later. i've done most of my cleaning for the day, except for finishing my bedroom, i started taking a different vitamin and i'm feel a tad bit more inergetic.

got a pm this morning that made me do a little thinking and now i first have to calm my emotions, not bad but something to think about. i'm now wondering what it would be like if i filed for divorce, am i ready. i'm sure that he is, but i don't know if he'll file. i always thought that i really didn't want to be the one to do it first. i don't know i guess apart of me still want it to be like it was, and when was it good enough for me, i don't know that either. maybe i want what i thought it could be but never was. god it is hard. more thoughts later, gotta process this thought or decided what the heck it is i'm thinking.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Good morning everyone... back to work yuk..

I am so exhausted from all the walking we did yesterday. I didnt take car service this morning, my daughter and I jump on three buses to get to my moms house.. but I saved 12 dollars.
Cooworkers are starting to arrive.. the ones I dont like much. They are just so fake, I cant be like that and I cant be around people like that. Oh well we arent supposed to like everyone. So how is everything this morning.
Old 05-07-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
grateful rca

maybe its this gf of mine, been knowing her, she say for 30+yrs, but she's the kind that is always depressed and i'm suppose to be the one to always listen, understand and try to snap her out of her depression. the one that is never, and when i say never, i mean never, happy unless she either has money or is what i believe to be high on pot or dabbling with a little crack, this i don't actually know but i can tell a difference in her demeanor from time to time. anyway, every now and again, when i don't feel like understanding when she call me and end up hurting my feelings about stuff she thinks concerning my past with my ah, the kids or whatever she thinks she can say, then i'll stop her and defend mysef and she takes it even further.

i kind think that she has a slight mental issue so i try to understand that sometime she thinks it ok to say some of the stuff she say and i'll try to ignore it and take hrs trying to explan things to her about herself in the most gentlest way possible, but all the time i just can't excuse the things she say and do to people. i think that i ended up hurting her feelings basically because i didn't feel like allowing her to put me down and judge my actions toward my ah or relationship with him and my kids and i told her basically that she just can't go around hurting people and don't expect to get it back every now and again.

i mean with her, you are not a friend if you don't jump or give when she ask you to. i don't need controlling people in my life and she complains and cry all the time about how mean everyone is to her but she don't understand how she treats others. i think i'm a little upset because of a arguement i had with her. i don't want to hurt noone but i can't allow her to make me miserable just because she's miserable. i've got issues of my own that she won't even stop talking about herself long enough to even listen to someone else but she don't see it that way. she says that she don't have time to listen to others problems cause she has issues of her own, and i really do understand that, i have you guys, she don't understand that either. she's always been this way. i kind of got upset when she asked me how was my ah doing and as soon as i started talking, she went on to tell me that she didn't have time to listen to other peoples problems. how funny is that? when i've sat up night after night cause she's talking sucide or she's crying about something, anything and i'm still trying to be patient and help her to feel better, and all of a sudden when she gets mad, she forget all about how much i try to help her through her little episodes. most of the stuff don't even warrent tears. i mean who would cry and blame god, because there is a posseum in the backyard.

who would cry because their 18 yro daughter who don't live with them, won't give them their little income tax money to buy her a car, cause hers break.

i mean, at one time, everybody was giving her credit cards and she thought i didn't want anything out of life because i won't gather up all the credit cards that they offered. because i just didn't want them cause i didn't want the debt. i'm not working and neither is she. i tried to explain why that was not a good idea but some times you have to let folks figure out stuff the hard way when they don't listen. anyway, she maxed out what 20 different cards and flaunting all she bought with them and now these people want their money, so she crys now cause she don't have enough money left over to pay these people and she wants me to feel sorry for her and offer her what i or her kids have left over. aint gonna happen, i tried to tell her.

now nobody loves her, nobody cares cause nobody will help her when they know that she is struggling so hard to live. i'm i wrong? then why do i have to feel guilty for standing up for myself. she says that the way i treat her is the reason why my marriage is in shambles, now what kind of sense does that make?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

teke, your friend I hate to say it reminds me of my sister. My sister has to have all the attention, is allowed to freak out and treat people like crap because its her. When she is having those episodes I really need to keep my distance from her. She could so easily suck the life out of me.

i think you should just keep your distance and keep the focus on you.

Jewel
Old 05-07-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Teke, keep your distance, your friend is Toxic.
I had a friend like that we'd known each other since birth, I dont talk to her at all. Anymore and it didnt surprise me when I ran into her mom and she said thinks she's doing drugs.
Stay away from negativity and around positive influences
Old 05-07-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

anvil, I just gotta say you and hank really enjoy your foods. Whatever you make sounds so delicious and instantly gets me hungry. You also get me in the mood to cook. I have barely been cooking lately. my daughter eats dinner at my moms and I wont cook for him. When hes using he would only eat in the middle of the night out of the pot and for some reason it pisses me the heck off. I feel like if I put my energy and love into cooking then you should get a plate and eat it like a normal human. I guess thats my vent for the day.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by palmtree View Post
hello friends; has anyone hear from Lovestoomuch??/did she get to Florida ok???? Has Noah said anything????just want to make sure she got there safe n sound

i haven't hear from her yet. she left sat nite going home but don't think she's checked in yet, maybe she's ok and still trying to get settled in, thats if she didn't get lost on the way and is still traveling. i'm sure that if anything went wrong that noah would know and would let us know. he seems to be thoughtful that way.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:36 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Cindi, I think soon I might visit central park to see the turtles. I never even knew that they had a turtle pond at central park. I just looked it up, it has fish and also frogs. Sounds really cool... probably not this weekend but next weekend I might try to make it. Crazy how I live here and didnt kow about it and your in florida and knew about it.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I only know because of this turtle forum I frequent (How I learned to care for mine) The turtles arent native there . People have released pets apparently. Someone was commenting how people throw in bread and such for them to eat (not good for them) and they were starting a campaign encouraging people to throw in the vegtables the turtles really need for long life
Old 05-07-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

good morning all...

hope you all had good weekends - cinder - everything was ok?????

teke, that friend sounds like one of those people that has to be miserable - i can't stand being around people like that - there's a woman whose son played rugby - she complains about how unfair everyone is to her, to her son, blah, blah, i try to ignore her or i say something mean and sarcastic - that shuts her up - i can empathize with you - if i were you i just wouldn't talk to her - i have a great poem ? i meditate to in the mornings - it helps me get in a good frame of mind - i['ll post it...

be back in a bit...

love,
s

i really need to post but don't know what to say (in reagrds to my sister, etc.)
Old 05-07-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

hope you all had good weekends - cinder - everything was ok?????
Very quiet
Old 05-07-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  
grateful rca

you all are so right about my friend, but i still feel a little guilty and i know that it is unwarrent guilt. i do feel the need to distance myself but sooner or later, she'll call back to apologize and then there i go again. got to find the strength to just get off the phone in a nice way. thanks yall for listen.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:32 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
grateful rca

just want you all to know that you all are wonderful friends, some of the best that i've ever had and thats the truth
Old 05-07-2007, 09:33 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

SOmetimes we listen to peoples problems because we feel better about us.
I can never handling talking to my cousin, she's sucha defeatist and if I give her, what I would do advice, I get the what do you know, your married to an addict.
(The funny thing is Ill bet, at times, her husband is active too.)
Old 05-07-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teke View Post
just want you all to know that you all are wonderful friends, some of the best that i've ever had and thats the truth

Me too Teke.
(or I wouldnt have asked your advice about that guy or shared picytures of me playing with dinosaurs and constructio set with my turtles)
Old 05-07-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
grateful rca

oh lord cindi, i've got a cousin like that too, i helped her to find a place on my side of town and now she calls me more than usual, and i hate talking to her, she's a talker too, and its no fun talking to someone who won't let you get a word in edgewise about anything. what do you do with these kind of people? i mean i love to talk since i finally have an adult to talk to but some people want to do all the talking and not let you say anything.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Thats why Im always online, for adults to, if I cant talk, type to.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sure is a lot easier on line, you can at least type it out and do it as much as you want. feels better, to know that sooner or later somebody will answer you and at least read what you type. i think its a whole lot healthier than to talk to someone who won't allow you to say ANYTHING
Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  
grateful rca

I FINally got that curtain up, now i'm tired, gotta rest a minute, got the garage to go, the fish tank and the patio to sweep off, then i'm about finished with my ah cleaning, got to get me another mower, ah was suppose to fix the one i have but i'm not gonna dare call him on that, i'll just save my money and buy another one.

i had ask this young man who was pushing a mower down the street if he could cut it for me, and he was very cheap but he kept coming back to my door, looking all goo goo eyed at me, so i told him that i changed my mind. i decided because of the look he had, it felt like something that i just didn't want to start. i don't need noone hanging around me or my house looking funny in the face. cute little fellow but he was PUSHING a lawn mower up and down the street, cutting grass for 10.00 or whatever he could make, i thought that ought to tell me something. just didn't seem like something grown men would be doing. he just kept coming down on the price, he was too anxious to cut the grass for me. whats wrong with that pic.