Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Archives > The Best of SoberRecovery
Reload this Page >

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Old 02-04-2022, 10:20 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

I certainly do remember you my August 18 classmate. I didn't stick around but I know you did, in fact I came looking for you not long ago to see if you were still around and also sunflower but she hasn't posted or been online for nearly a year...
I was quite happy when I saw your name in this thread yesterday, That class made a big impact in terms of the way we all gelled together, it was a special class.
Old 02-05-2022, 02:37 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Coffee with son today..is good!
Old 02-05-2022, 03:00 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Good morning whiners!
Thank you Mags, for the pretty collage of Ann's photos. She was such a talent, and so nice that we have so many of them. She was such a beautiful lady. Legs of a chorus line girl and such a smile!
Anna, I don't think I ever saw that one of her. You can just feel her bright and cheery personality in it. I am so glad that she found her joy , in spite of the heartaches.

I wish I didn't have to go to work today, but finally dug my driveway out. Yesterday was not a stellar performance on my part, but the time between a bad and good day is about two days, isn't that what our Queenie always says?

I hope everyone has a beautiful day, and welcome Red! Love the pretty tulips!

On memories of Ann, one of my favorites is her story of being stuck in the tree! I didn't know how to find it, but if anyone knows, I know we'd all enjoy hearing it . She told the best stories. I used to wonder, early on, if she was a writer... she was funny, and quick.

See you all later.
love and hugs
Old 02-05-2022, 04:17 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Ann loves Neil Young, and this was one she really loved. Such beautiful music and amazing country.

https://youtu.be/PTMMS88gi6c
Old 02-05-2022, 04:55 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Riley doesn't seem to be feeling very well this morning.I gave him his medication and will keep my fingers crossed.
Old 02-05-2022, 05:26 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

I will keep my fingers crossed too love s ❤️
Old 02-05-2022, 05:31 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Yes darling chic ~ that is right, and I was coming here to say the same thing.

I have had a challenging week to say the least: the furnace, then the hot water, and just now my toilet decided to give up the ghost.
So of course, I am thinking that a difference between a bad day and a good day is about two days.

And see, I am crying already..... ❤️❤️
Old 02-05-2022, 05:32 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

I will find the Toby in the tree and fireman story for you chic: I promise. Today.

(I finished almost all of my coursework, just need to revise and submit my editing assignment )
Old 02-05-2022, 05:36 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Some time ago, last year I think, Ann sent me this pic in a PM. She said it was us finally meeting up for tea and a long chat.

Old 02-05-2022, 06:01 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Pup is allowed to go outside for potty business only. I just brought him in and he yelped when I took his harness off. Poor little man. Breaks my heart.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:04 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Not the post about the tree yet, but a good one I found on the way (I am looking) xx

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Amy remembers my Toby, and maybe Hevyn too, he was a one of a kind cat, my neighbours used to call him Garfield because he had so much personality. When I took a bath I had to close the door or he would hop in the tub with me and I use bubble bath and always worried about him getting soaped, lol.

He would drink out of a glass, getting his head deep in the glass as the water went down, and he would play with the swirly feather thing on a stick that I would taunt him with and when I set it down he would pick it up and take it to his food dish and pretend to eat it.

I sure did love that cat, I think that's why I hesitate to get another...too painful to lose them and no other cat could ever hold a candle to my Toby.

It's been 4 years now, and only now can I talk about him without tearing up and just smile at the memory.
And this.....

"This one...he loved "Nature of the Beast", this episode was flying squirrels, lol."

Old 02-05-2022, 06:23 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Found another lovely photo.....

November 2013
Old 02-05-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Lovely pictures of our Queenie.

Alpine, I hope Riley's pain meds soon make him feel better.

Woke up with a headache but some ibuprofen took care of it.

I only have to go one place and then I'm in for the rest of the day.
Old 02-05-2022, 08:41 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

I have looked through a lot of threads chic; I need to stop. s xx
Old 02-05-2022, 08:54 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Pup is allowed to go outside for potty business only. I just brought him in and he yelped when I took his harness off. Poor little man. Breaks my heart.
Alpine - I hope your dog will be alright. So sorry this is happening.
Old 02-05-2022, 09:12 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Magsie

Alpine, thinking of Riley and you and hoping he can rest and heal. xx

Chic, a beautiful song, it reminds me of our Dear Ann. ❤️

Suze, a beautiful photo of Ann, just where she belongs..with nature and the sea. ❤️
Old 02-05-2022, 09:34 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh.....Mags found it.....you are amazing darling Mags. How did you do that? xxxxx ❤️

(post to come.....)
Old 02-05-2022, 09:37 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alpine, I'm sorry to hear Riley isn't doing well. (((Alpine & Riley)))

Venus, I can't believe you're having such bad luck with your home this week. I'm not surprised you're crying. I love the cartoon, too. And, good for you for finishing up your course work. And, what a beautiful photo of Ann on the balcony, maybe in Florida? She was at her most joyous when she was outside near water.

Chic, yes, Ann loved Neil Young. That song is one my personal favorites.

I searched for a long time for Ann's stories about the MouseMobile incident but had no luck.

I had a perfect morning making waffles with tons of berries for daughter, SIL and grandkids.
Old 02-05-2022, 09:38 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  
Magsie

Old 02-15-2018, 07:24 PM
# 77 (permalink)
Ann
Nature Girl

The Toby stories are never ending...a couple of short versions for those who haven't heard them...and as a good memory, for those of us who have.

When we lived in Toronto, we lived just a couple of houses up from a big city park. One day a neighbour came running to my house to say that Toby was stuck up a tree. I waited a bit, but he didn't come home so I hauled a small ladder to the park, used it to climb up to a branch where I could reach Toby, and then Toby ran down the other side and knocked the ladder over...leaving me perched on a limb too high to jump from.

Now this was Toronto where people don't pay any nevermind to people in trees and walked by pretending they didn't see me. Until I finally called out and someone set up the ladder so I could get down. I swear that cat KNEW and laughed at me for a week.

When we first moved north, he was still an outdoor cat and one evening he got skunked, he ran after what I thought was another cat...until I saw him, foaming at the mouth and stinking to high heavens. I called the vet because he couldn't breathe, put him in a laundry basket so he wouldn't get the car stinky (hah! as if!) and got him there where the vet gave him a shot to help him breathe again, saying it was the worst skunking he had ever seen. "Must have had his nose right up the skunk's ass"...and I'm sure he did.

The vet sent me to the store across the street to get Dawn, baking soda and peroxide to bathe him. The girls at the store knew me (it was a small town) and they went screaming to the back when I walked in smelling like I just came from wrestling a skunk. I grabbed what I needed and hollered that I left $20 on the counter and to keep the change JUST GO!! They hollered back. My car smelled for months, I had to drive with the window down. My house smelled for weeks, no matter how much I cleaned. Toby stunk for weeks too, it came out of his pores and his ears and smelled so bad I made him sleep in the basement. It wasn't long after that when I started keeping him on a leash. He was going deaf and the way he attacked wildlife would have set him up for an attack on himself.

He liked riding in the car as long as he wasn't in a cage. I had to put childlocks on because he would play with the window and wave to people in cars passing by. He loved soft ice cream, so we would go to Dairy Queen and get cones for Bubba and I and a small dish for Toby and then take him to a beach near where we lived and let him eat the ice cream and play on the stones in the water. He loved water.

There are a thousand Toby stories, but I think these explain the kind of Garfield that he was. Full of character, love and the best cat anyone could ever own. He lived to 17, cats should live longer, maybe to 50 or so. I think God made a mistake.
Old 02-05-2022, 09:44 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  
Magsie

Suze, I recall reading a post where Dee was explaining how to use the advanced search to someone a while back. I thought that’s handy if I ever need it.

Just went advanced . Wrote in Toby Tree then Ann in the members box and pressed search. A handy tool.

Sorry your toilet is problematic! I think you’ve had enough home probs for a year! Hope it soon gets sorted love.