Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Archives > The Best of SoberRecovery
Reload this Page >

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Old 01-26-2022, 12:13 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Washing my car is far easier in Colorado then here in NY..no sun lol. It will be worth it come spring and summer for the water and green landscape. I will just be the dirty car woman..not the dirty wonan..lol.
still waiting for my mom to be done. They are running behind.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stay warm you guys

D
Old 01-26-2022, 12:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^ And you stay cool, Dee and PJ.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dee and PJ, how is the fire situation for this Aussie Summer?

Also if this doesn't make you grouchy could you tell me how different the Australian Accent is from the New Zealand accent? I'm watching a series "Under the Vines" with Australians and New Zealanders and trying to tease out the difference in the accent.

Okay I'm off to do a bit more yoga, find supplies to darn some socks and vacuum a bit.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I watched that show Bekind. xx
Old 01-26-2022, 01:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways;[url=tel:7758258
7758258[/url]]Dirty cars after a snow storm. Ugh. I usually wait until the snow melts and the weather prediction is fair unless it is getting tough to see out the windows .

Alpine, getting old folk in and out of cars is a challenge even without snow.

Cityboy I sympathize with what you said here: "Bekind, I was in a routine of doing calisthenics in morning for a while. It's just so hard to stick to a routine.". I'm going on a second month of upping my exercise. I do like feeling stronger and all that but I get a bit whiney that every day I have to do it again. I wish I could see it like brushing my teeth and just do it. Usually in the midst of a yoga session I'm checking how much time left. Sigh.

how is your mood right now? Are you still getting the afternoon downer times? Least what is your pain level?

Well I'm off to do more dratted yoga, check my to-do list and put a receipt away.

Onward with whatever your struggle brings you today.
Still dips now n then….Starting to be more ups than downs. The dips don’t go so low and don’t last as long. The good stretches lasting a bit longer throughout the day too.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^ Intro, sounds good. Looks like you may have turned the proverbial corner. The one thing I noticed after realizing my ADs had kicked in, was that the sense of overwhelming despair was gone. Still some depression, but not nearly as intense as it was.

Fed and watered the porch cats and fed the back yard cats. Prepared Billie's supper so either bro or I can feed her and take her out. Gave her some tropical fruit, some mango and papaya bites. She loves her fruit.

My MOW lunch today was really good. Baked ham, with broccoli, and bean salad. Their meals are always balanced nutrition. And they offer a good selection of different foods. One of the frozen meals I got on Tuesdays included my favorite - sweet and sour chicken. Yum. I'll have that one tonight for supper.

My weather channel has a wind chill advisory for tonight as it's only going to be 1 F and some wind. I put more catnip in the shelters today to entice them in. I'd like to have more tenants. I'd be happy if each of the five shelters had an occupant.
Old 01-26-2022, 02:11 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least;[url=tel:7758329
7758329[/url]]^^^ Intro, sounds good. Looks like you may have turned the proverbial corner. The one thing I noticed after realizing my ADs had kicked in, was that the sense of overwhelming despair was gone. Still some depression, but not nearly as intense as it was.

Fed and watered the porch cats and fed the back yard cats. Prepared Billie's supper so either bro or I can feed her and take her out. Gave her some tropical fruit, some mango and papaya bites. She loves her fruit.

My MOW lunch today was really good. Baked ham, with broccoli, and bean salad. Their meals are always balanced nutrition. And they offer a good selection of different foods. One of the frozen meals I got on Tuesdays included my favorite - sweet and sour chicken. Yum. I'll have that one tonight for supper.

My weather channel has a wind chill advisory for tonight as it's only going to be 1 F and some wind. I put more catnip in the shelters today to entice them in. I'd like to have more tenants. I'd be happy if each of the five shelters had an occupant.
I think so too least…but still a bit of a bumpy ride at times as expected….but yeah it’s getting smoother.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Intro, Pleased to hear things are smoothing out for you, very good news

least, You sound like you're getting around better these days I'm sure the strays are grateful for your shelters. I read that main animal shelter in Cinti had the heat go out on one big wing of the building and won't be repaired for a couple days. They were putting out pleases for emergency fosters till the heat was back on.

Speaking of fosters. Do any of you remember Scuba, the gorgeous chocolate lab we fostered....I think back in 2013 ish ? His family wrote me yesterday to let me know he'd passed away a few months ago, what a wonderful dog he was and how much they missed him. I remember him well....took him on a hike with another old time SR member, ( who doesn't post anymore) Lola and her doggie....it was a gorgeous day!

Mags, I feel for you thinking of a move. Mr. P and I are discussing if we should consider a move east to be nearer to Eleanor. It's quite overwhelming, especially as we moved Mom near us a couple years ago and I absolutely adore my house. Housing prices are much higher in NJ then OH, kind of depressing to see what we could afford.

Oh well, no big decisions for me tonight, just a relaxing bath and reading to Eleanor.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:05 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

(((Intro)))

Bro came by but I had already started feeding Billie and then took her out. So he cleaned the litter boxes for me. It's so cold out that Billie did her business right away just so we could go back inside.

Going grocery shopping this Saturday. Bro's going to take me when he does his own shopping.

I hope my strays are in the shelters. It's bitter cold tonight.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:15 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Dee and PJ, how is the fire situation for this Aussie Summer?

Also if this doesn't make you grouchy could you tell me how different the Australian Accent is from the New Zealand accent? I'm watching a series "Under the Vines" with Australians and New Zealanders and trying to tease out the difference in the accent.

Okay I'm off to do a bit more yoga, find supplies to darn some socks and vacuum a bit.

I watched that too

Some, if not most, accents are pretty much indistinguishable from one another - but generally Aussie sounds more nasal to me while Kiwis sound more English, more rounded.

Everyone's on fire watch Bekind, but there are none near me. Some in other states tho

I'm sorry to hear about Scuba PL.
D
Old 01-26-2022, 03:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

We have the same cold front headed towards Florida. 29-32F is gonna be freezing for us! Not likely to snow, just freezing cold!
Old 01-26-2022, 03:59 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^ And you're not used to temps that cold, are you? It must be a terrible shock to be that cold when you're not used to it at all.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:04 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least;[url=tel:7758385
7758385[/url]]^^^ And you're not used to temps that cold, are you? It must be a terrible shock to be that cold when you're not used to it at all.
And being originally from Southern California and living in Florida….Not at all used to this freezing weather.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:05 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

And feel like such a wimp in cold weather.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:09 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Going to dip below zero here tonight and that is not including with wind chill. Brrr. Pup will have to make his potty business quick tomorrow.
Well..it was very sketchy but I delivered my Mom back home safely. I just wish she would listen to my recommendations...I have only worked as an OT for 30 years. Well..right now she has no other scheduled appointments until March so I hope that will give her hill and driveway a chance to clear out.
I was hoping to get back soon enough to get in another workout in but I turn into a pumpkin by 8pm so I will just kick back and relax.
Old 01-26-2022, 04:43 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

sigh... you'd think she'd be glad to have her own OT to help her.... you'd think...

I just covered Billie with her other blankie and she let out a big sigh. A big happy contented sigh. Fills me with joy to hear it.

It's only 5 F right now. I hope my kitties are in the shelters. I put in fresh catnip today to lure them in.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Intro, good to hear that you are seeing a bit of improvement. You have worked so hard this past year that I want to see you get a bit of a break. Now just better health for Least and a better mood for PJ . . . . sorry if I missed any others struggling . . . . oh yeah, facility with academics and grammar for Venuscat!

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I watched that too

Some, if not most, accents are pretty much indistinguishable from one another - but generally Aussie sounds more nasal to me while Kiwis sound more English, more rounded.

Everyone's on fire watch Bekind, but there are none near me. Some in other states tho

D
Thanks for the explanation D. Now I don't feel quite so bad that I can't hear the difference.

Snow should move in tonight and tomorrow morning but it will only be a couple of inches.
Old 01-26-2022, 05:42 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Magsie

Gosh, some fine whines while I’ve been sleeping.

I left Mr. Mags at mum-in-laws for the night came home, had something to eat and crashed out! I’m ridden with guilt that he’s there and I’m not doing my bit. But it really doesn’t need both of us to be there overnight. I don’t feel confident being on my own with her at night either. If she got out of bed and fell I would struggle to help her.
Though the vertigo meds seem to be helping, Mil is still wobbly when she stands.

Hev, I didn’t explain myself very well. Holland the country is where there is a plastic recycling (into power) factory and another is going to be built near us. We did our homework on the Holland recycling plant and wasn’t favorable.

Pondy, it would be nice if you could be nearer Eleanor. Would LMP#1 ever contemplate moving over your way?
The expense of property has rocketed. We don’t want to tie all our money into a home, we need some to live on.

I had appointments at the local hospital today. Had an x ray, saw the consultant who said he’d leave me in the care of the other consultant who’s doing my wrist op. Then had a physio appointment, who discharged me until after my next surgery.

I’m having a cup of hot chocolate then gonna get my head down fir a few hours.

Love and hugs to all Whinys xxxx
Old 01-26-2022, 05:50 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Magsie. hope today went well. I hope you are snug as a bug, and enjoying your hot chocolate.

Pondy, sorry to hear about Scuba. I wish they could live so much longer than they do. hope the shelter found fosters for the furbabies.

hugs all round.