http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-3-a-20.html

D
Old 04-07-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ahhhhhhh yeahhhh

Quit smoking today. Gonna be rough!
Old 04-07-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you, Chewy! I quit vaping 3 months ago. I still crave it but haven't caved yet. Best of luck; this is a rough one.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Day 38 today. Hope everyone is keeping up the good fight.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
love is the answer

Quitting smoking was the best thing I ever did, although I ended up replacing cigs for wine, wouldn't be here otherwise would I?!.

Good for you chewy.

It's just after 6am here in the UK and the sky is turning a gorgeous shocking pink colour. My little girl would love it but I'm not evil enough to wake her up (although getting up at 6, 5, 4 and even 3am with her is still quite fresh in my mind.....)

Wishing my classmates a fabulous day.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The night of day 13.

I went back and read all my old posts. I started trying to quit about two years ago. That is very humbling to me. Its also important to remember and internalize. Many times I thought I'd beaten this thing, only to relapse and let the beast trample all over me.

I need so badly to remember that I cannot, cannot, cannot, pick up that first drink. It is all or nothing. I am sober Kin, or I am out of control.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning all, I had been posting in April, but I think I actually belong here.

Day 18 and going strong. I gave up smoking almost 2 years ago with the support of people on the secular connections forum here on SR. I gave up using AVRT, but I use AA for my drinking!

Ha ha. Whatever works...!
Old 04-08-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi guys just checking in, work wasnt great I feel really gross and ugly today for some reason, so the day was long and I had an urge to have a drink (there was a function, as always, so alcohol isn't exactly taboo at my work but I wasn't directly around it much)
I just kept working and now the days over, glad I didn't drink but I also didn't eat so on my way home to have a shower and eat some food!!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good morning class. Just a quick check in--

Was feeling a little down a few days back and frustrated with that feeling. Learned a couple of things from it. First of all, I had a mild cold coming on, and likely misread the energy it takes to fight an illness as being down. Next time, I won't be so quick to read emotions that don't seem to make logical sense.

Also learned that I need to have a little more fun. Been working hard on doing things in life "right", but not enjoying the moments or playing much. I will actively work at allowing myself a little joy.

Today I have a lunch commitment that will likely include a good deal of drinking by the group. Kind of wish I had opted out, as I don't enjoy these get togethers anymore. I need new friends. The girls will drink, I will have disgruntled feelings about it, and ultimately feel guilty that I've had these thoughts. Silly, I know. I could cancel, but I'm not going to, as I feel that I've made a commitment and should stick w/it. Next time I will decline.

Have a great sober Wednesday class!

MV
Old 04-08-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

With these "extra hours" in each 24-hour day, I realize that the artist formerly known as "High Functioning Prince" was actually a low functioning pauper all along! The pain of regret.

Thanks to everyone for posting. It is most helpful. Just being here is a success, notwithstanding the acute struggling that goes with this major life change we are attempting.

Mel
Old 04-08-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good Morning...checking in on day 29! I've been struggling since last April to get more than 4 days and here I am! I was sober for 11 months and went back out and it has taken this long to get my act together again. I've been in and out since August 2011. Had 5 months sober and then another 11 months

I had forgotten how good it is to wake up sober and not have to deal with the endless hangovers and nausea on a daily basis. Have so much more energy and the brain fog is gone. Looking forward to the weather getting it's act together so I can start walking or bike riding.

Hope everyone has a great day!
HF
Old 04-08-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

I'm seeing so many great things this morning Marchers. Congratulations to all of you! It looks like a lot of us are doing well these days!

To those of you who have quit or are quitting smoking, I tip my hat to you all. That's a struggle I have made absolutely 0 headway with. I have bought multiple vapes and still keep going back to regular cigs. I think a large part of that is thatvmy wife continues to smoke whilst I try to quit. Constantly seeing and smelling them makes it that much harder. Any tips that you guys could offer?
Old 04-08-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

35 days. I remember my first day here and seeing people who had 30+ days and being so envious that they made it that long. And here I am! Now I'm hoping that my AV stops calling to me, telling me how wonderful vodka tastes and how much I miss it.

My dog is still being hospitalized and we are hoping he can come home today.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you for the new thread D, Congrats Chewy & the others on giving up smoking & Another congratulations to everyone reaching a milestone

Have a nice day Marchers
Old 04-08-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
I'm seeing so many great things this morning Marchers. Congratulations to all of you! It looks like a lot of us are doing well these days!

To those of you who have quit or are quitting smoking, I tip my hat to you all. That's a struggle I have made absolutely 0 headway with. I have bought multiple vapes and still keep going back to regular cigs. I think a large part of that is thatvmy wife continues to smoke whilst I try to quit. Constantly seeing and smelling them makes it that much harder. Any tips that you guys could offer?
Yeah, get your wife to quit!

Made it almost impossible for me. Smoking's a really tricky one because it can be so very subtle and sneaky.

I've quit before and its 100% about your mindset.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
I'm seeing so many great things this morning Marchers. Congratulations to all of you! It looks like a lot of us are doing well these days! To those of you who have quit or are quitting smoking, I tip my hat to you all. That's a struggle I have made absolutely 0 headway with. I have bought multiple vapes and still keep going back to regular cigs. I think a large part of that is thatvmy wife continues to smoke whilst I try to quit. Constantly seeing and smelling them makes it that much harder. Any tips that you guys could offer?
Spirit, I quit smoking back in August after I had 4+ months of sobriety under my belt. Smoking helped me stay sober early on, and it was barely 1 month after I quit smoking that I relapsed and drank again. I don't want to day quitting one makes quitting the other harder, but for me I was more stressed out and just gave in. Even though it's taken me this long to get back on the sober bus, I'm still cigarette-free. Also, I drank this product called "quit tea" which really helped me. It is just herbal tea but it really helped me relax when I was getting a bad craving. I do agree though that quitting smoking is all about the mindset, though. I couldn't and didn't quit smoking until I WANTED to, rather than just feeling like I SHOULD (if that makes sense...)

Day 31 today! I've been craving a drink more than usual, but I think it's because this is my last week at my current job so I'm more emotional than normal.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well, saved over 320 bucks so far!

Bought a Kindle paperwhite with some of it! Winning!!!!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Do your best

Winning indeed Chewy congrats bud
Old 04-08-2015, 10:48 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Winning indeed Chewy congrats bud
Old 04-08-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
love is the answer

in case no one told you today......