Notices

Class of March 2015 Part 4

Old 04-14-2015, 10:32 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I need help with EVERYTHING! I am a mess really. Thank you Dee!
Old 04-14-2015, 10:39 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Administrator

there is some good info on plans here Need

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html
Old 04-15-2015, 04:47 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Spirit, I went low-carb before I stopped drinking, it's easier for me since I can't eat gluten anyway as I have celiac disease. I thought when I stopped drinking, the weight would roll off me and that has NOT happened. VERY frustrating. I returned to the gym on Saturday and yesterday. I do feel deprived though, no sweets, no carbs, no alcohol.....it sucks. I go for blood tests tomorrow and hoping at least there I will see some improvement.

It sounds like this group just keeps getting stronger and stronger, I am so proud of us! And when we do slip we are strong enough to come back and get back in the group. I was wondering about Artica also, haven't heard from her in awhile.

Have a great day (even though it is tax day here in the ol' US of A)
Old 04-15-2015, 04:56 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by needtostopthis View Post
In all seriousness should I still be posting here in March, since I have screwed up so many times. Maybe I belong in April now? Or do we just stay in this group? Oh, anyway yeah day 3.
Hi Need,

Glad to see you here with us Marchers.

Mel
Old 04-15-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I all faith if you Djinn to get the job done! It'll be hard, no doubt, but you can do it. You can totally do it!

And that work out sounds incredible! Keep yourself hydrated, friend!

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
Truthfully, I do still feel somewhat sluggish and fuzzy but it's fading fairly quickly. I did a 30 minute Insanity session this morning. Totally kicked my butt. I had extreme soreness and fatigue, a decent exertion headache, and felt dried out like an old sponge. However, I'm going to use this to remind myself of just how poor my health really is when there's alcohol on board.

Also, since I'm on the subject of health, I've decided to give up the cigs and cut my carb intake. Previously I'd decided to take this one problem at a time. Well, the results of that were not even close to what I was shooting for. So, I've decided to plunge off the deep end, no parachute, and take on all of these issues at once. No more booze, no more cigs, dropping some weight. This is MY life and I am taking charge!
Old 04-15-2015, 05:18 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Feeling deprived and going without whatever it is we're missing... betcha that's a universal feeling among us. Has anyone built in a healthy reward system to their recovery plan? I haven't yet. I.e. I can't look forward to a reward salad at the end of the day... Hooray??? Go Team Kale???

Originally Posted by secretary View Post
Spirit, I went low-carb before I stopped drinking, it's easier for me since I can't eat gluten anyway as I have celiac disease. I thought when I stopped drinking, the weight would roll off me and that has NOT happened. VERY frustrating. I returned to the gym on Saturday and yesterday. I do feel deprived though, no sweets, no carbs, no alcohol.....it sucks. I go for blood tests tomorrow and hoping at least there I will see some improvement.

It sounds like this group just keeps getting stronger and stronger, I am so proud of us! And when we do slip we are strong enough to come back and get back in the group. I was wondering about Artica also, haven't heard from her in awhile.

Have a great day (even though it is tax day here in the ol' US of A)
Old 04-15-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

In all seriousness should I still be posting here in March, since I have screwed up so many times. Maybe I belong in April now? Or do we just stay in this group? Oh, anyway yeah day 3. Don't even ask. I just cant seem to get my sh*t together here.
Has anyone seen Artic? I have been MIA, just wondering how she is doing? Have not seen a post from her in awhile. I may have missed it though. Anyway congrats to everyone doing so well.
Stay in the group, need. We'd miss you if you didn't!
Old 04-15-2015, 05:22 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Administrator

Eventually I think sobriety becomes it's own reward...but there's nowt wrong with little rewards and treats for a while, if they help.

D
Old 04-15-2015, 05:40 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

Originally Posted by NikTes View Post
I.e. I can't look forward to a reward salad at the end of the day... Hooray??? Go Team Kale???
Dear NikTes,

That's it!

Reward Salads for World Peace.

Mel
Old 04-15-2015, 05:51 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

I.e. I can't look forward to a reward salad at the end of the day... Hooray??? Go Team Kale???
Haha!! Love it.
I don't exactly have rewards but this time around im trying very hard not to be so extreme, I've always been a very 'all or nothing' person with absolutely everything in my life. Last time when I quit, before that horrible 5 day relapse that ended 17 days ago, I was soo obsessed with not drinking that it was literally all I thought about. I went to every AA meeting I could, read articles about every theory on addiction and recovery, constantly cleaned the entire house frantically trying to make it up to my family, applied to every job around because if I wasn't drinking I had no excuse to not be rapidly progressing in my career- right this very second(!!)...it was wayyy to much pressure and I also had no time at all to do anything that made me smile or even just helped my mind or body... I didn't even have the time or energy to shower daily or eat regularly or water my plants or walk my dog, I was just all consumed with not drinking and creating the perfect life instantly that I totally fell apart

This time I'm just trying to be a bit more balanced and that includes making sure I do some things I enjoy. So that's a form of reward I suppose, in a way. Actually maybe it's just being kind to myself! Either way I think it's working much better than all my past attempts
Old 04-15-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Feeling deprived and going without whatever it is we're missing... betcha that's a universal feeling among us. Has anyone built in a healthy reward system to their recovery plan? I haven't yet. I.e. I can't look forward to a reward salad at the end of the day... Hooray??? Go Team Kale???
Yes I've been buying myself some items as rewards

bought a kindle, a longboard/skateboard with helmet and gloves, clothes and about to buy another cruiser/beach bike to go with my roadbike.

All things that are healthy and help me be active and happy
Old 04-15-2015, 07:35 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

In all seriousness should I still be posting here in March, since I have screwed up so many times. Maybe I belong in April now? Or do we just stay in this group? Oh, anyway yeah day 3. Don't even ask. I just cant seem to get my sh*t together here.
Has anyone seen Artic? I have been MIA, just wondering how she is doing? Have not seen a post from her in awhile. I may have missed it though. Anyway congrats to everyone doing so well.
You're always welcome need. I myself screwed up big time and am back on day 3. We are a team.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

I all faith if you Djinn to get the job done! It'll be hard, no doubt, but you can do it. You can totally do it!

And that work out sounds incredible! Keep yourself hydrated, friend!

Thanks NikTes! I'm a little reluctant to jump for joy just yet, seeing how I'm once again at day 3 after a big slip. But, I'm keeping my chin up and moving forward the best that I possibly can. It's the only course of action that I can see for myself.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
love is the answer

I had some pretty heavy physiotherapy on my back earlier today.

I feel like I've been beaten up. Whimper.......:
Old 04-15-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
Thanks NikTes! I'm a little reluctant to jump for joy just yet, seeing how I'm once again at day 3 after a big slip. But, I'm keeping my chin up and moving forward the best that I possibly can. It's the only course of action that I can see for myself.
Keep your chin up and change your avatar dude!

that thing is negative and creepy
Old 04-15-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Court jester

Just checking in. Day 30 for me. Hope everyone is doing well. Love u guys and gals!
Old 04-15-2015, 11:32 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Weighed myself at the gym today

Lost 15lbs and I was shocked!

Doesn't feel like it or look like it so it must be mostly water weight but I'll take it. I have been working out really hard almost daily for 2 weeks straight but my diet is still lagging.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Ouch, poor you Mystified. Know how you feel. I had an osteopath session today...it felt like a real workout.

My main stress is work at the moment. I work in management in a special school, and I teach for a day a week, which is my favourite part of the job. But I found out yesterday that the lady I share a class with has gone off sick for the rest of the year. That leaves a huge amount of work for me to do, planning, assessing, report writing...and that's on top of the million other things I have to do.

It all feels overwhelming. I came home after the osteopath torture to find I'd forgotten to switch the slow cooker on this morning and there was nothing for dinner. Then hubby came home from work via the pub....

I made myself a coffee and went and sat out in the garden and closed my eyes and tried to block it out. I didn't want a drink...but the whispers started...'you really deserve one at the weekend Jen'

I'm not falling for that ANY MORE. I just wish the voices that tell me it would be a good idea to shut up!!
Old 04-15-2015, 12:58 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 30 Bmac!! And the weight loss Chewy!

Keep going guys x
Old 04-15-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
Ouch, poor you Mystified. Know how you feel. I had an osteopath session today...it felt like a real workout.

My main stress is work at the moment. I work in management in a special school, and I teach for a day a week, which is my favourite part of the job. But I found out yesterday that the lady I share a class with has gone off sick for the rest of the year. That leaves a huge amount of work for me to do, planning, assessing, report writing...and that's on top of the million other things I have to do.

It all feels overwhelming. I came home after the osteopath torture to find I'd forgotten to switch the slow cooker on this morning and there was nothing for dinner. Then hubby came home from work via the pub....

I made myself a coffee and went and sat out in the garden and closed my eyes and tried to block it out. I didn't want a drink...but the whispers started...'you really deserve one at the weekend Jen'

I'm not falling for that ANY MORE. I just wish the voices that tell me it would be a good idea to shut up!!
Aahhh those voices. They are one of the harder parts of addiction to conquer. But, so long as you deal with them, you are still in control. Besides, the last time my wife forgot to turn on the slow cooker we just ordered in some food, and had a nice family meal anyway. Then had the other meal the next day. No worries. You're doing all right.