Notices

Class of March 2015 Part 4

Old 04-08-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

How did your lunch commitment go Mvngon?

My day was kinda spoiled by my husband drinking on his way home from work. I just can't cope with this. He is such a different person when he's drinking. It makes me sad.
Old 04-08-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post

My day was kinda spoiled by my husband drinking on his way home from work. I just can't cope with this. He is such a different person when he's drinking. It makes me sad.
Ya my wife felt the same

I'd tell her to discourage me, ignore me, tell me not to drink but she rarely did which made it easy for me to get loaded all the time.

Just a thought.
Old 04-08-2015, 02:12 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post

Hi Jeni. Thank you for asking. Lunch was okay, but I found myself feeling a bit left out. It seemed that as the girls enjoyed their wine, I became a bit excluded from the bonding that was going on. I didn't desire to join them in the drinking, but I did want to be a part of the "closeness" I saw happening. Not quite sure how to explain that well.

These are girls I have known for some time, and it kind of makes me sad to come to the realization that our friendship may not survive my sobriety. I've known for some time now that I need to find sober friends, but today's lunch really hit me. I feel like I'm grieving.

I can relate to you about your husband too. My husband drinks daily. I wish this were different, but he has no interest in changing this. So sorry that your husbands drinking has made you sad--I completely understand that feeling.

Much love,

MV
Old 04-08-2015, 03:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Court jester

Just checking in. Another fun filled day of molding young minds in our super effective education system here in the states. Cancelled my Weds. therapy appointment today for no other reason than I'm stretched a bit thin financially. I tapped all of my savings and maxxed the one credit card I have to pay out of pocket expense for out-patient detox last month. No regrets.

A bit disappointed today when I hit the scales and saw a 2 pound gain since I quit drinking. What the hell?! I don't eat any more than when I was drinking, but by not drinking I have cut at least 1500 additional daily calories. So what gives? Who is the Greek god of food? I need a word with that bast*ard.

Happy Weds. night everyone!!
Old 04-08-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Day 14. Two weeks without drinks, it feels crazy. I'm happy and i'm wary. I enjoyed the sun and downtown today. It made me think of how the city i live is so beautiful and yet I spent so many young years drunk in a basement. What the hell?*laughs* You live and learn.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:54 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

'grats on 2 weeks Kinzoku
Old 04-08-2015, 05:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi all, 10am day 11 for me. Woke up in such a grumpy mood, really angry for no reason too. So took my dog for a walk and cleaned my house - not much better. Lay back on my bed sulking, checked SR on my phone and I now feel so much better. It's so nice to be able to relate to people AND to get out of my own head. Very grateful for this place today!
Old 04-08-2015, 05:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Mv I so understand what you mean about your friends and that closeness too, I don't really get jealous of my friends drinking but hate to feel left out of bonding moments - especially when you can see it
Don't follow my example because my solution has just been to isolate a bit, but just wanted to say I understand how hard that is and I feel for you
Old 04-08-2015, 06:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

day 15
Old 04-08-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sisterbobby View Post
day 15
Congrats Sisterbobby on 15 days!!

Originally Posted by immri View Post
Hi all, 10am day 11 for me. Woke up in such a grumpy mood, really angry for no reason too. So took my dog for a walk and cleaned my house - not much better. Lay back on my bed sulking, checked SR on my phone and I now feel so much better. It's so nice to be able to relate to people AND to get out of my own head. Very grateful for this place today!
Congrats Immri on 11 days! I'm glad you are feeling better I feel the same way- being able to vent and ask for help from those who understand the struggle makes the journey that much easier and better
Old 04-08-2015, 11:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi all. Day 19 for me. I'm feeling really strong in sobriety...it's as though something has clicked into place for me. I'm still struggling with my husbands drinking though. It doesn't trigger me, just makes me sad.

Love to you all. Have a great day x
Old 04-09-2015, 01:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Bobby! Fifteen days is great work.

Jeni, my husband drinks, too. He never gets drunk but tonight he drank enough to be grumpy. Blergh.

I started making a dollhouse with my daughter today for spring break. It is a four-story modern dollhouse. We got the frame up today. My son and I are trying to take a photo of a Venus transit, working on setting it up tomorrow. It is kind of amazing how much you can get done when you are not drinking.

I felt better today than probably any day since I have been sober. Taking my crazy pills every day helps, too.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:38 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

My dog came home from the hospital yesterday! He's still very weak, but he's home and that's the important thing.

Then my drunk husband went and did something very stupid (he insisted on trying to get the dog out of the crate and the dog started yelping in pain) and I was so angry. We get along okay (not great) when he's sober but after he starts drinking I try not to deal with him at all. It's a lonely existence.

That's why I want to be sober, so any decisions I make about our relationship is done without being under the influence of alcohol. God grant me the serenity TO GET THROUGH THIS DAY!

36 days!
Old 04-09-2015, 04:49 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you have your dog home!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

GOOD MORNING EVERYBADAY!!!!!!!

HEY NOW!!!

onto day 12 no devil juice, and day 2 of no smoking. Refined my workout plan and I really like it.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
One day at a time.

Originally Posted by secretary View Post
My dog came home from the hospital yesterday! He's still very weak, but he's home and that's the important thing.

Then my drunk husband went and did something very stupid (he insisted on trying to get the dog out of the crate and the dog started yelping in pain) and I was so angry. We get along okay (not great) when he's sober but after he starts drinking I try not to deal with him at all. It's a lonely existence.

That's why I want to be sober, so any decisions I make about our relationship is done without being under the influence of alcohol. God grant me the serenity TO GET THROUGH THIS DAY!

36 days!
I'm glad your dog is home secretary. That's great news. As for your hubs... That sounds really rough. I hope that you can get through to him. But, like you said, at least any decisions you make in regards to your relationship will be 100% yours. Good luck to you.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Stingy athlete recovery method

So much good news today on the list! (in saying this I am focusing more on dogs than husbands).

As for weight, I have lost more than ten pounds this past month, which is hard to explain, since I have had pizza and rich desserts a number of times. Perhaps the loss is due to increased exercise. Well, I guess it is time to have more dessert (life is hard . . .)

Mel
Old 04-09-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 30 and feeling proud of myself! Picking up my chip tonight at my home group which will be humbling. Told my sponsor I was embarrassed to pick up another 30 day chip and she told me that was my ego. She going with me...so no getting out of it!
Old 04-09-2015, 08:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hi everybody! Haven't been on much the last couple of days -- have been dealing with some health stuff. I've got some new medication and feeling better.

Secretary, great news about your pup coming home! (Dogs are always pups to me, regardless of age.)

Sorry though about the drunk husband factor. I can see that dog crate scene so clearly -- that's exactly what would happen in this house. It's difficult situation. And now that I'm sober, I can see how much I too acted in ways that were undesirable (if that's the right word...and I don't think it is, doesn't encompass it all). When both members of a couple are big drinkers, if one or both becomes sober, there are so many changes in the dynamic to get used to -- to recognize, to acknowledge, to change. And how to stay on the same level if one is changing and the other is not? That's where I am, and I feel very alone. I'm acknowledging now that I've been alone (in sobriety and when not) for a long time even though living with someone for many years. Do you know what I mean?

Sorry for the long post. I haven't spoken much these days. Which is another post all together. Isolation. Oooh boy.

Congrats to everybody reaching new milestones today!

Originally Posted by secretary View Post

36 days!
Old 04-09-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Chewy! That's great about the quitting smoking! The first few days are the hardest. (Boy, how many times have we heard that line about our various cut backs?) AVRT really helped me out when I quit in January. Do whatever you can to get through the craving -- without caving. And the craving only last a few minutes.