View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 08:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Kafkaesque

Originally Posted by SpiritOfDjinn View Post
I'm seeing so many great things this morning Marchers. Congratulations to all of you! It looks like a lot of us are doing well these days! To those of you who have quit or are quitting smoking, I tip my hat to you all. That's a struggle I have made absolutely 0 headway with. I have bought multiple vapes and still keep going back to regular cigs. I think a large part of that is thatvmy wife continues to smoke whilst I try to quit. Constantly seeing and smelling them makes it that much harder. Any tips that you guys could offer?
Spirit, I quit smoking back in August after I had 4+ months of sobriety under my belt. Smoking helped me stay sober early on, and it was barely 1 month after I quit smoking that I relapsed and drank again. I don't want to day quitting one makes quitting the other harder, but for me I was more stressed out and just gave in. Even though it's taken me this long to get back on the sober bus, I'm still cigarette-free. Also, I drank this product called "quit tea" which really helped me. It is just herbal tea but it really helped me relax when I was getting a bad craving. I do agree though that quitting smoking is all about the mindset, though. I couldn't and didn't quit smoking until I WANTED to, rather than just feeling like I SHOULD (if that makes sense...)

Day 31 today! I've been craving a drink more than usual, but I think it's because this is my last week at my current job so I'm more emotional than normal.

Have a great day everybody!