I'm living Benzo free Part 3

Old 05-19-2016, 10:27 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good to see you bud
Old 05-20-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Wow, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush brings back some memories!
Old 05-20-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well.

That Frank Marino bloke is pretty good. Don't know the other guy, but he was good too. Don't know much about Art but I know what I like.

Don't know much about great guitars either, but my neighbour friend has an 1963 L Series strat which apart from her husband will only let me touch, guess that's something.

My project is to combine all of my wind up kids'musical toys to create an orchestra. So far it's only a duo but I'll keep searching the op shops.

Wasn't entirely honest when I said that I was doing OK, am mentally and physically exhausted and think I had a bit of a breakdown. Coming good now, and have cancelled all family, mad lol brother commitments, and am pulling it all together with rest.

My main goal (apart from sobriety) is to eat again. If I could attach "Fade Away", I would. Or maybe, "Go Ahead and Jump".

Best wishes to everyone.

Last edited by Steely; 05-20-2016 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Old 05-21-2016, 01:23 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Eat, Steely! Can you think of any food that excites you? Sushi?

Good on you for quitting smoking, that's pretty impressive!

I'm in a similar boat, exhaustion-wise. Can't ever rest properly either.

Hang in there, Steely

I am currently procrastinating rewriting a resume. The thought of looking for a job is completely wearing me down. I am watching some Aussie show instead, what a beautiful country...
Old 05-21-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Thanks Melki, sushi is one of the things that I can manage just, and when with salmon good for me too. They are only small portions, but at least something.

Like you, I cannot even rest properly, and when looking at the things I have/need to do just collapse back on the lounge uncaring.

We have both been through a lot Melki as I know others too, hopefully it will turn around soon . Just completely head wrecked.

You say Sushi, I say "cover letter"......baby steps.

I think your country is beautiful too.

Thanks melki x
Old 05-21-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Baby steps is the most we can do some days and at some stages in life... Little goals for each day.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
Summer has finally arrived in my neck of the woods and I've been gardening my rear off! When we 1st moved here 4 yrs ago, the hubs and I dug out all the grass in the front & side yard and replaced it w/fertile soil and 100's of perennials. Then I got lazy and reclusive for a few yrs lol. And last year, we did all the recreational activities that we missed out on for so many yrs., like camping, boating, fishing, swimming, fairs, ect. So, I've been tending my gardens and helping the hubs build another shed. Those 100's of perennials I planted have increased tenfold, so I've been dividing and rearranging like crazy, and adding a few annuals in there too.
I have no idea why I bother buying gardening gloves, because I love getting my hands dirty.

In the past wk., we've had a robin and her two babies nesting in a bush right next to one of our living room windows and a dove sitting on eggs right next to our kitchen window. I just love this time of yr.!

Steely, great find w/your hemp jacket! Interestingly enough, the 1st thing I thought of when you said hemp was rope too lol. I think that we, as addicts, are used to thinking that people disapprove of us and that assumption remains with us, even after getting clean/sober. It's a long road to learn how to love oneself, but a crucial one. Some of us w/loving spouses probably have a bit of an advantage, I think. When I first met my hubs 22yrs ago, I was an emotional wreck. But, after yrs and yrs of him telling me how great I was, so to speak lol, boosted my self esteem tremendously. I'm sorry I haven't followed through w/reading that book w/you. I read the Into and the 1st chapter when I 1st got it, but would like to re-read it w/a highlighter this time. I will commit to reading 1 chapter/week when you feel up to it hun. Just shoot me a message or something when you want k?

I know it's really hard to get things accomplished, like housework and resumes, when you're depressed and feeling down n out. That's why I spent all of last summer in the woods & water, instead of in my garden. Because gardening just seemed too much like work last yr lol. This yr., I feel differently...I enjoy it this yr. I think it's really important to find things that you enjoy doing the 1st year or two into sobriety. The housework can wait. The resume probably can't if you need the income, Melki, but I think it's important to make time for "you" and do something you like to do, at least once/week.

Glad to hear you're doing well SSG, Wolfie and Astro!

Squishy, huge (( hugs )) & love all!
Old 05-21-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

... K ! ..

Old 05-21-2016, 07:42 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Old 05-21-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

.. but it ain't gotta be like dat ..
.. here, is me ..

Old 05-21-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Old 05-21-2016, 09:07 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

.. I like this one .. it is .. what I am and play and convey .. I am about to
head to prison .. so I say thanks to all of you .. and .. I will be back before too long ..I think .. hell, I did not kill anyone .. meh .. justice system .. mmmmm hmmmm ..

Old 05-21-2016, 10:19 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Seems a little inappropriate to talk about my plans for gardening, putting on weight, and building an orchestra from wind up toys when SSG is going to prison. Later, hey? At least not in this post.

There is no justice SSG, only poetic justice, and if you hold the line in remaining sober you will be vindicated.

Hope you are not going away for too long, and try to stay away from those white supremists, hey.

Sam Stone was a great song, and reminded me of an old folk song,
"Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya". Try maybe the Irish Rovers. Old School, but good school.

"Oh, where are the legs ya used to run" ....., but no, dat won't be you.

I really liked the last piece you played SSG it was very soulful, and made me sad that you were going to gaol. Time will pass.

Take it easy as is possible as we all await your return ready to build a house not a prison.

Prison walls can't bind us.
Old 05-21-2016, 10:41 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is it definite you're going to prison SSG?

D
Old 05-22-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Just watched "Thunderstruck" my $1 bargain buy at the op shop.

An Australian movie that did miserably here at the box office. Don't know whether you fella's have have seen it in America, and the rest.

Four friends in a B Grade band make a pact in 1991, that if anyone of them dies they want their ashes scattered with Bon Scott in Fremantle.

One gets struck by lightning (thunderstruck) on the golf course in 2001, and the pact has to be fulfilled. So funny....so aussie. Made me proud.

Am eating tonight thanks to the good advice from one of my friends here. I'm gunna pack on the pounds. Super Steely.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Administrator

I liked that movie too Steely

D
Old 05-22-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
And last year, we did all the recreational activities that we missed out on for so many yrs., like camping, boating, fishing, swimming, fairs, ect. So, I've been tending my gardens and helping the hubs build another shed. Those 100's of perennials I planted have increased tenfold, so I've been dividing and rearranging like crazy, and adding a few annuals in there too.
I have no idea why I bother buying gardening gloves, because I love getting my hands dirty.
Ah yes, all the things we love doing in this home, although I'm going a little nuts at the moment trying to keep all the plants watered while my wife travels on business!

SSG, you will be in our prayers daily. I hope to see you soon.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

kzaug, I got very lazy for yard work too. It is so overgrown I can't even.... But you have to start somewhere, so I did a little weeding today. Small steps, small patch done. Thank you!

SSG, hang in there. We'll be thinking of you and hope to see you back soon.

Small steps, Steely, and congrats on 5 months sober!!!
Old 05-22-2016, 09:45 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

I was just talking in my head with you, my dear friends, and anyone crippled by depression, struggling to move. I am watching two very close people to me deteriorate - one rapidly coming apart physically and slowly mentally, and the other in the last stages of aphasia, unable to understand words or respond. It's heartbreaking. In a way though, it helps me to be grateful for every lucid moment with them, and to keep my issues in perspective. While we are still physically and mentally able, we need to try and keep moving and growing. Wishing everyone relief from your burdens and a blessed day.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

I ain't gone just yet .. though the sand falls through the hour glass .. like the wizard of oz one ,, the witch had ..