Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 3

Old 05-24-2016, 02:35 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Yeah, meh, is funny. Word.

Paint it Black.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:39 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

You've got to sign in to see the cat one.

Does this mean you are off to the slammer?
Old 05-24-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Eddie Van Halen? Clue me in?
Yes, Alex Lifeson, and I'm a VH fan too. Although nowadays I can't tolerate David Lee Roth and while Wolfgang is talented I sure miss Michael Anthony.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I reckon Eddie van Halen is fantastic too. I was listening to some stuff today, and it sounded almost orchestral.

Sorry kzaug if my post was confusing. I just remembered that I'd posted something about "Go Ahead and Jump", and thought that might have been what you were referencing. Doh, me.

Still trying to pick that book up, can't even finish the novel I am reading, and it's good.

How does your garden grow?

Last edited by Steely; 05-24-2016 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Delete
Old 05-24-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

,, not going anywhere yet .. case is continued to july ..

.. guess I better make some appts. with the councilor and such ..

.. I feel kind of like a yo yo .. up n down etc.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:57 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your still with us Blacky
Old 05-24-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

I ain'ts got no where else to go

.. you all seen that movie .. some army guy .. I forget the movie

I have to keep at this, there is no other logical alternative ..
stay sober, deal with life as it it is .. get through the consequences of my actions .. own it and move on by it .. at some point it will be in the past.

.. Only if I stay sober though .. will it not happen again .. or worse things ..

where is Sandra Bullock .. lifting that horses foot ..
Old 05-24-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

The cat is back.

So there is still a chance? With all of the good stuff you have been doing in terms of recovery, maybe you'll get a judge/jury who are on the programme. That'd be good.

Staying sober is key. And for no other reason than it will make you feel like shite.

You answered your own question. Hope I can say the same for myself if faced with similar. Hard times. You can do it.

Last edited by Steely; 05-24-2016 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Addend
Old 05-24-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

The more you can evidence actions towards recovery, the better it will be for your case, and as I know you would be aware. Seeing counsellor, etc, a good idea.

Sorry Blackie, couldn't stop myself. These silly pictures are the only thing I can attach. Eventually the ride comes to a stop and you get off and go buy an ice-cream. That'll be good.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Off to do big shop today melki.

I am going to make the lentil and spinach soup. Lunch will be sushi. Then to the op shop. A treasure hunt.

I was supposed to have tests done at the hospital today, but stumbled out of bed into the kitchen (a tip) and made coffee. I was supposed to FAST. I am a dip stick. I have been waiting on this appointment.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
Off to do big shop today melki.

I am going to make the lentil and spinach soup. Lunch will be sushi. Then to the op shop. A treasure hunt.

I was supposed to have tests done at the hospital today, but stumbled out of bed into the kitchen (a tip) and made coffee. I was supposed to FAST. I am a dip stick. I have been waiting on this appointment.
Today? So odd that it's Wednesday for you already. Want to hear about all the finds!
Old 05-24-2016, 09:37 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Don't remind me. I've PM'd you to explain.

Collision of lousy appointments and good stuff. Stuffed up everything. Too much going on in my head.

So,No BIG shop, no Hospital appointment, NO FOOD! No op-shop, no nothin'. Sitting on lounge screwed. I'll try to water the plants.

Oh yeah, I've got eggs, tomatoes and bread. That will do.

Last edited by Steely; 05-24-2016 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Screwed, not semi-screwed. Enhance language.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:03 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Thought I would share this with you all. Maybe you know her?

Check out Kate Tempest, rap, beat, Shakespeare type poet. Bet she made Tempest up as a surname, but I'm willing to let her have it. She is fantastic.

"Everybody Down"
"Circles"....she's done a lot and I just love her.

Others like her?
Old 05-24-2016, 11:07 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

The plans of mice and men.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:59 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, Blackie, lifting a horse's hoof requires balance,
Old 05-25-2016, 09:56 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

If you go in under Kate Tempest - Progress Q&A you will see her perform on a current affairs programme (Q&A) we have here in Australia. She is a legend.

Wish I could attach, and hope I'm not selling coal to Newcastle, but am going to lobby with my neighbour friend The Dead Poets' Society or something, to have her come to Australia.

Have been awake since about 2:00am and the night is black and still. It's good.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Have a good day everyone.

Off to pick up my brother for day leave, the hospital. I must be so bored, can't see why anyone would be in the least bit interested. Oh, well. Raining today, sorta nice.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

I LOVE rain. Love it. Love it, love it, love it. We've had the rainiest spring ever. I think I was the only one happy about it. I would be perfectly content in Seattle, does it really rain as much there as they say it does?

Enjoy the day with your brother, Steely!
Old 05-26-2016, 02:30 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Australia is the driest continent on Earth melki.

The northern parts are typically warm or very hot, while down south it is cooler, with more rain. Central Australia is desert.

Parts of NSW and Queensland are in drought.

The Northern Territory has "the wet season" with tropical rain, and where a lot of the crocs live. After "the wet", weather returns to the dry. Lots and lots of different patterns melki, but definitely not super rainy, whatsoever.

Australia is a big continent with great variations in the weather. Sometimes it pisses down rain, other times hot as the Hobbs of hell. I'm no meteorologist, but that's the best I can do it given the state of my tired brain.

In Sydney, where I live, it is usually very hot in Summer with the Winter bringing (usually) a lot of rain. Central Australia is desert.

Overall, we have a diverse pattern of weather. But no, not a lot of rain in any real sense. Dry and hot really.

My experience of the weather in Australia is one of beautifully hot Summers at the beach, with the Winter being cold, windy and rainy.

Living in the city makes it easy to forget the farmers undergoing drought and how they are the very people who grow our food. Similar, but not nearso hard as I imagine your "Dust Bowl"..... only things that I have read in books or heard in song.

Central Australia is desert. Big Aboriginal Land.

I love the rain too. Listening to it, and feeling its touch. It is comforting. Nothing like the sound of rain on a tin roof. Lousy when washing is hanging on the line......which happened to me last night.

Boy, am I ever sick of that Johhny Depp d/head and his girlfriend. He's milking his stupid dog story for all its (not) worth. It's important to have good quarantine laws, and something that Johnny Depp should understand. Johnny who?

Good to hear from you melki and hope everything is going OK. I' m so tired from big day and about to collapse on lounge. Singing in the rain.

Last edited by Steely; 05-26-2016 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Tidy up
Old 05-26-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Glad you had a productive day, Steely. Thank you for telling us about Australia, I'm sure it varies a lot from place to place. How cold is cold in the winter? Do you see any snow?

No idea what's going on with Johnny Depp. Don't miss the news at all.