Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 3

Old 05-12-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Disappointed that I couldn't open that video SSG, but thoroughly enjoyed "Thunderstruck", something about the banjo and the spoons.

Felt a bit thunderstruck myself lately, but coming good in true steely fashion. Ha ha That's the plan at anyrate.

Scary about the fire. Happened to me once with hot oil. Lucky it burnt itself out.
I just grabbed the baby and ran yelling to the neighbours to get out.

Bought myself a denim jacket at the op shop yesterday made from hemp cloth. $4 bargain.

Hope you are doing well.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

.. doing um .. ok ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaBK0dBV47E
Old 05-12-2016, 10:30 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Seems like a fair enough response. I know how he feels.

Did it once myself only with a skimboard, had to stop because it was a good skimboard.

Twelfth of Never is a great song, so is Blowin' in the Wind. Bob, how could you let him down?

This flat looks like a tip and I don't care. It's getting there.

Solidarity in Sobriety. New Billy Bragg song.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

OK, my song for the day is "Stressed Out" - Twenty One Pilots.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I thought I got that messed up SSG. Bluto that is.

When I first listened it reminded me of an old folk song from my distant past, but couldn't place it. Got it muddled with Twelth of Never by Johnnie Mathis and who's also pretty good. It's Joan Baez, who's rendition of Silver Dagger is not as good as Dolly Parton's
Old 05-14-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you heard car radio by 21 pilots I love the album that track is on steely - stressed out is a good tune

Hello to everyone
Old 05-14-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

No I haven't Soberwolf just heard them while listening to Rage (a music show here) yesterday, liked them and could relate, hence made them my song for the day.

Just trying to communicate with people which I thought was the idea. Oh well, guess I'll never get a job as a journalist on Rolling Stone. It's also difficult to communicate with people who don't talk, unless you stroke their egos.

Think I just heard the sound of a door slam in the Class of December 15. I can only put it down to my making the mortal error of saying that I had bought a denim jacket made from hemp and which had the word hemp written on the buttons. Shut down. Very narrow, very silly if that be the case.

It's not like I bought a stupid t-shirt with Jack Daniel's emblazoned on the chest. It is a really collectable jacket out of the 90's, and you can't even see the word hemp on the buttons. Might become even more collectable with the medicalisation of marijuana.

Or, maybe it's because I used the word Muslim? Do people really believe that all Muslims are terrorists? Very narrow, very ill-informed if that's the case. Maybe that's the reason, I don't know?

All that I do know Soberwolf is that people can be cruel, and people can be hurtful. Very depressing.

You are none of these things Soberwolf and I could tell your hug was genuine. Now I'm going to go cry my eyes out because I'm really depressed and upset by the narrowness and cruelty of people.

My sobriety is not in jeopardy and still not smoking. Might go put on VD Blues, Bob Dylan. I feel like I've got the clap. haha

Thanks Soberwolf, you're the man.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

PS: that's me in the corner, losin' my religion, in that box ^^^
Old 05-15-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Do your best

my mum loved REM

A lot of rope is made out of hemp there are many hemp things you can use & buy that are not drug related at all when I lived in Greece there was a shop where everything was made out of hemp

I can see why ppl assume because they automatically think hemp is getting high but if they chose to research hemp is a natural material used in many things Inc rope esp at docks

Hemp is used in quite a few things I don't own any myself but any rope I have may contain it ?

Don't get down Steely lean on us xxxx
Old 05-15-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Thanks for your response Soberwold it was very much appreciated.

I did know that rope and stuff was made from hemp, and in fact wrote a paper on it when doing a Clinical Masters in Drug and Alcohol Studies at Newcastle University. This, and a whole lot of other stuff too.

Think about Cupid's arrow being one of the first descriptions of a substance being injected into the human body to alter mood, emotion, etc. It made for a good paper. Got a Distinction.

Failed to complete my Law Degree after falling off my stool in the lecture theatre.

Also understood that the cotton barons (Oh, Lordy...) in America's South pretty much crushed the production of hemp as a superior product to cotton as it threatened their industry. Reefer Madness, etc.

Cotton takes a lot of water to grow so hemp far superior ecologically.

You were not to know that I knew these things, but thank you for your always kindness and respect. These qualities (in my mind) reach far beyond Crash Craddock and the Meteors (?).

I'm just taking it slow Soberwolf, can't tell you how cruelled my mind feels.

Again, you demonstrate what a real sobriety means. I thank you. My little garden is doing pretty well too..
Old 05-15-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Boom Boom Baby .....ha ha.....good on you Soberwolf
Old 05-16-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hey, Soberwolf forgot to say my Mum likes Freddie Mercury. Not so sure about REM.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
The seat bag on my road bike is made out of hemp, so maybe my butt is getting high?

Freddie Mercury was awesome, his voice always took my breath away. I'm glad I got to see Queen in the early 80's before he passed on.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Do your best

Astro

Wishing everyone a nice evening
Old 05-16-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Thanks Soberwolf, you too.

Ride high in the saddle Astro, but look out for those brown rocks they can make for a bumpy road. Couldn't help myself. haha

Have got to somehow persuade my siblings to have "I Want To Break Free" played at my Mum's funeral. She's not dead yet, but on the cusp, and my siblings very liberal.

We were playing it at "home" once, and my mother said how much she liked it. We showed her the video later and she got very embarrassed, and thought she was weird.

I am determined to have it played and I know she'd get our intent, and laugh with her duster in hand.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:09 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Just thought of something.

In my working life the use of the term brown rocks rolled off the tongues of workers like honey, and on a daily basis.

It was a normal part of working life and not seen as anything unusual, or wrong. Dark humour was a way of getting through our day. Hope same here.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing ok.

I have been real busy juggling work in 4 different cities. We have 7 all bordering each other so it is not that far, the traffic is a pain going to one through a tunnel though.

I am giving a low dose of an anti-d a try and am hoping to taper down off the benzo I have been taking.

Had maybe a brief lapse a while back with the alcohol, and of course it is the same as it ever was - Horrible feelings of doom, but I picked myself back up and
am sober -- doing ok.
Old 05-18-2016, 11:01 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Good to hear you are back in the driver's seat SSG, and a lapse is only a lapse. It's what we do with them that counts. Also good that you are back working, even if travel a bit of a pain, work is good.

Uncanny, but I bought the DVD "Thunderstruck" in the op shop today for only $1 and which I'll watch tonight.

Also a CD by "The Mills Brothers", called "Swing Is The Thing! I'll give them a go, never heard them before, but can't go wrong for only $1.

Glad that you are doing OK. Same this end.

Hi to everyone.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Old 05-19-2016, 04:52 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I give ya this to show a Gibson SG can play anything .. tone wise .. or just that Frank M. rips it up ..