Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 3

Old 05-02-2016, 06:12 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Another day, maybe make a dollar. Will save a dollar at least by not drinking.

What is this about pink shoes ? You need help posting a pic ?
Old 05-02-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Yes, I do SSG. Thanks.

I get as far as cutting then pasting into appropriate thread (eureka moment) and all that appears in my post is either a little empty box or the numbers/letters you can see in my test post.

I just cut the code from TinyPic...go to whatever Forum...and paste it in the message box. Empty box...numbers/letters, no pink shoes.

I'm using an iPad don't know whether that matters? Shouldn't think so.

There seem to be a number of options when cut/paste I just use 'cut' then 'paste'. Seemed logical. What does 'select all' do?

Yes, stopping drinking didn't seem to reflect much as far as my bank balance was concerned. Maybe I was drunk most of the time and didn't notice that I needed other stuff too. Like food, eg. Hmmmm...rethink.

Stopping smoking has show a return. Cigarettes here are approx. $20 a packet. Health wise it feels better too as my right lung was feeling kinda 'heavy'.

Stopping was so much easier this time 'round. Somehow my TinyBrain clicked into 'just do it'....small mercies.

Don't go to too much trouble my pink shoes will be a relic in the museum by the time I get them off the ground. Would really like to be able to do it though.

I can go to the Apple shop and ask one of the hip kids to help. It's in Bondi though and I hate Bondi...everyone drives a SAAB and drink cafelattechinolightmoccha's. Very BS. Very yummy mummy and very poser.

Hope you are starting to feel better. The lapse you had will fade into the distant past and you will be back in control irrespective of the gravity of your situation. I stumbled on your original post in Newcomers so know it ain't easy.

Thanks again for your help and have a peaceful day. When in doubt just bat on.

I'm glad you found your way here.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Doing well, day 3 coming to a close.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

You need a proper URL steely...something that starts with http: and ends with .jpg or .png or some image file like that.

then you need to top and tail that URL with img tags
PHP Code:
 [IMG][/IMG
?

D
Old 05-03-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Awesome job on 3 days SSG! Glad to have you w/us!

Well done on 3wks free of tobacco Steely! $20 for ONE pack of cigs? Holy crap! And I thought $6/$7 was bad lol. But 20 bucks is insane! I've been rolling my own for about 18/19yrs now, so a carton only comes to roughly $18. And before that, I used to drive to Indiana once/mo to buy our cartons. I used to smoke Basics and a carton only cost $11, plus it was buy 2 cartons, get 1 free....so $22 for 3 cartons lol. I'm 1/2 Dutch, so I'm cheap lol! The only new items I buy are toiletries, food dog food...& I've even bought those things at auction too lol.

You name it, I've probably bought in an auction, at a thrift store, flea market or garage/estate sale....cars, furniture, clothing, tv's, ect. I also sell in auctions. I sold on EBay for 8yrs, have had 2 live auctions and now sell at a local online auction where they charge a certain percentage + $2, but I don't need to pack and ship things anymore, which is really cool.
About 15yrs ago, I bought a 1948 Superman box w/great graphics, but had 2 holes and someone wrote "Christmas lights" w/crayon on the top of it. I paid $10 for it and my hubs asked me "why did you buy that piece of crap?" I replied "because I'm going to make a load of money auctioning off lol!"
The contents, written on the side of the box, stated that there were 1 dozen toy utility belts in it originally. It was a wholesale box, meaning it was extremely rare because in 1948, I'm nearly certain that most store owners threw these wholesale boxes away, plus people just didn't collect the way they do now. My hubs still thought it was worthless lol.

So, I threw it on EBay w/a $10 starting bid. It was bid up to $60 w/in a day, then someone emailed me and asked me to end the auction and sell the box to him for $1500. Boy, was I tempted to sell it to him, but I had other people bidding on it already, so I had to tell him no. That box stayed at $60 all week long, but finally jumped up to $300 on the final day. And it remained at $300 until the last 30 seconds of the auction. Then, a bidding war started, until it reached $1150 & I was very relieved to fetch over a grand for it lol.

I also found an 1870's solid gold Elgin pocket watch valued at $350 for $5 at Goodwill one time.

See how far I can take a carton of cigarette story? Lol!

Astro, I thought both Jungle Book and Superman vs Spiderman were very good!

Great to see ya posting Winslow! I hope you're doing well hun.

(( Hugs )) & much love, peeps!
Old 05-03-2016, 11:25 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Oh Dee you've dazzled me with techno jive ..... I'm going to the Apple shop because someone on another thread does not believe my pink shoes exist. She is only kidding with me but they must be evidenced. I thank you so.

Kzaug what a score. I've had a few good ones too. A Russian MIG fighter (think it was a MIG),
Apollo 14, and Starship Enterprise that you could open up and had ALL of the characters inside. All in boxes of toys at the op shop. Cheap as, and made a few bob on e-bay. The things a girl's gotta do.

I also buy old boxed (original) sets of women's hankies in Swiss cotton, etc. They are really beautiful, and when boxed make a great yet simple present.

Each time I give them as a gift I say on the card "just in case you cry one day". Not in a depressing soppy way, in a loving happy way. The hand laced ones are so delicate and I can still buy them within budget. I love op shopping.

My one great disappointment was a really old ukulele with wooden tuning pegs, the lot. It was gorgeous. Had to hock it and was ONE DAY late getting back to the hock shop - it was gone and know that staff had grabbed it seeing it for what it was. Anyone seen the movie "The Pawnbroker"? It's a must see.

Great work on Day 3 SSG way to go. Keep staying posted, great crew here.

I cut my Valium by .5 mg and reckon I'm feeling it a bit. Is this possible? Not enough to reinstate but feel a bit titchey. Seems like such a small innocuous amount. Oh well, keep going.

Best to all and I reckon we would make good "pickers" kzaug.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:29 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry Steely...maybe it is an Apple thing?

I'm not on valium but generally very sensitive to dosage changes so, it's possible?

D
Old 05-04-2016, 01:30 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome SSG

Hi Steely, Kzaug, Astro & D

I've been busy in the garden since Saturday there are pics on my profile go have a peek if you wish

Going to do some stuff in the living room today
Old 05-04-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi Soberwolf, will check your garden. I've had a few great veggie gardens in my day and love gardening too. Something very therapeutic about digging in the earth and watching things grow.

Thanks for assist on pics Dee. It might be an Apple thing but more likely me,

Just to let people know, I haven't always had to pawn stuff. Have lost a couple of properties in the past, one believe it or not in Bondi, which would be worth well over $1.5 million today. Just a dumb flat, but it was Bondi with w**ker prices.

Alcohol, the collapse of my marriage, and my daughter becoming ill sent me down the drain. Doing it on your own as a single woman is not all that easy.

Oh well, at least I'm sober and, I'm not married. You can get lucky.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I've been busy in the garden since Saturday there are pics on my profile go have a peek if you wish
The garden pics are very nice, SW!
Old 05-04-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've had to pawn stuff before too Steely.

It is what it is - I'm a battler.

D
Old 05-04-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. The great aussie battler, me too. Dunno how great, but I'm a battler.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Loved your garden Soberwolf. Inspired me to give it another go myself. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you Astro & Steely
Old 05-05-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Day 5, hopped up on coffee already. Time fore some apple juice or something.

Trying to get my head right to talk to customers and schedule work, it has built up after my last foray into the darkness of drinking. I can do this, but making the actual calls has me anxious. I can do this, it will be ok.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I don't enjoy meeting and working for new customers, it ramps up my anxiety also. But usually my fears are unfounded, most of the time I'll get to know someone who's very nice and the reward is a paycheck and knowing I did the job well.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day 6 SSG.

I agree with Astro. My fear and anxiety in similar situations (often) are just about always unfounded. It is a real example of it all being "in my head", and the recent presence of alcohol.

It happened to me just recently. Beside myself with anxiety, but when examined and talked through no basis in reality.

This is only (yay) Day 6 SSG. Withdrawal will always produce anxiety. It really will pass. Maybe just speak with one of your customers to get the show on the road?
Old 05-05-2016, 03:07 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Oops, don't get me wrong my previous post SSG might have implied the presence of alcohol in my life. No, not this time around.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:31 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi guys, Well, I had a really rotten day yesterday, that put my anxiety levels to the test. My chihuahua got attacked by our neighbor's pit bull when I was taking her out to go potty. I thought my baby was a goner, but I jumped on that blasted dog and grabbed my baby outta it's mouth. The owner of the pit bull just stood there, didn't try to help get her dog off mine, never even said a word to me.
I took my pup into the house to check for injuries and she had 2 punctures by her shoulders. I was relieved because I thought that dog had picked up by the neck, but talk about anxiety, yikes! I was shaking like a leaf all of yesterday.
After I dressed my pups wounds, I went over to have a little talk w/our neighbor, which turned into a screaming match ugh! They're new to our neighborhood, so I didn't know them & after the exchange we had, I don't want to know them. They never even asked if my pup was okay! Real class act!
Thing is, we live in a mobile home park that doesn't allow pit bulls, much less pit bulls off a leash! So, we talked to that park managers and they said, either the dog goes or they'll be evicted. I'm hoping for the latter lol. Anyhoo, my baby is sore, but fine.

(( Hugs )) & affection!
Old 05-05-2016, 11:36 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Kzaug, what a shocker. I never like to see people evicted but that can't be allowed to occur, particularly unleashed, and maybe there's kids around?

Can't believe they were not apologetic or concerned about your puppy and which just says to me they smell like bad news. Unleashed Pitbull, are you kidding!

Hope it sorts out without any problems and that your puppy is OK. Poor little thing. No wonder you were shaking. Another dog experience.

You'll be proud. I noticed I misspelt a word in another thread and angst myself out, but held the line and let it slip by to the keeper.

One up for The Perfectionists.