Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 2

Old 03-28-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello everyone
Old 03-28-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

.. ouchy .. scroll by if seeing stitches makes you uneasy ..

Was drilling out a rusted screw in a window frame with a nice new bit ..
Old 03-28-2016, 08:27 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Blackie, that's awful. Ouch! A new drill bit will do it every time. Hospital, or home first aid? Knowing your handyman skills you probably rigged up a drip with a piece of conduit. Your palm looks like it has just been nailed. Very symbolic over Easter.

Careful of rusty screws if that's what got you, you might need a Tetanus shot. I double as an Occupational Health & Safety Officer. haha

Took your lead in mending the metaphorical holes and have some stuff to do around the house but motivation is still a problem. Autumn is here and all the leaves are falling. It's a cool day to do some work. Can you work with that hand?

Hi Soberwolf and hope everyone is doing well. And now to work.

Hope your hand is OK blackie.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:16 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

I just read the small print and you did need stitches. Hope you didn't use fuse wire.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry about your hand Blackey good job getting stitches = minimal scarring glad your ok bud
Old 03-29-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

.. Wanted a second opinion .. I usually just use duct tape .. got some anti-biotics
having had these sort puncture wounds get infected before ..

Well back to work ..

Have a good day folks !
Old 03-29-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Blacky, I hope your hand is OK. Been there, done that, always sucks.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Yes, duct tape can be handy, said the psychopath to Little Red Riding Hood.

Glad your hand is good enough to work. Guitars need hands, and which reminds me....

Enjoy the day everyone. Beautiful Autumn day.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:50 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
Steely, has your mood lightened since this past wkend? I feel really bad that I wasn't here for you. I had my grandsons over all wkend and the older one is easy to care for, but the 5 yr old ran me ragged lol. And he got up each morning at 6am ugh. I flopped into bed each night completely exhausted and I was still pooped out yesterday lol.
What are your winters like down under?

That's a nasty lil cut there, Blacky. My son cut open his hand last yr at work. The cut ran across the entire length of his hand, from pointer to pinky....w/a Safety box cutter! How he did it, I have no idea, but clumsy just runs naturally in our fam lol.

Winslow, how is your wk going?

Hi Astro & Wolfie!

I extended my walking route to include another loop through our park today. I've really come a long way since I quit drugs. I could barely walk from the living room to the kitchen in the beginning. It feels great building my strength and endurance back.

You guys ever see those movies where someone walks through their front door and everyone pops up and says "SURPRISE!" That happened to me Sunday when I walked into my daughter's house. All 18 members of my fam were there & I was speechless! I really thought we'd all just have Easter dinner and maybe a b-day cake lol. But, they went all out w/balloons & decorations everywhere! It's a great feeling knowing your family loves and likes you ( I never felt like they did before last yr. )

(( Hugs )) and love peeps!
Old 03-29-2016, 09:23 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Smile

My mood has shifted kzaug and have just had tea discussing the idea of creating a plan with my neighbour friend,

Her husband has "the music room" and she really doesn't have a lot of space to work on her music so we are going op shopping to buy her a really good desk and set up the lounge room as HER music room, with really great cushions and still capacity to watch TV with her husband. Top idea.

Me to organise and collate all books and papers and get all of my writing together. Continue to write and eventually another laptop. Set up my desk as a real work space again and 'ave a go. No pressure.

Make the second bedroom (ditch room) into a functional space. Top plan.

I was coming back from buying milk and walked past an harassed mother running frantically to the car searching for some pacifier for the baby and was really glad it was not me so know what you mean by exhaustion. Five's tricky.

Your extended walking route through the park sounds good and if you go on the swings and push high you can improve your abs. Six pac haha. My friend and I did it once but have since flagged. We'll have to restart.

If your rebuilding your endurance that's wonderful.

It's Autumn here and the leaves are falling off the tree that shields me at my desk. Slightly close the blind I guess.

I spent Easter alone which I think might have contributed to my depression. Yet I live alone all the time mostly? The aloneness was eerilie quiet.

Feel a lot better now and have a plan. Feeling that way (down) can have its positives too. I learn from that stuff just don't stay.

Hope you chill in the freedom from beautiful (I mean it) kids, and put some Michael on.

I'm still waiting on that book.

Hope every one is doing well and not playing with sharp knives.

How you doing Melki?

~ steely.

Production certainly kills alienation.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:10 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post

Hope every one is doing well and not playing with sharp knives.
I used to have loads of fun playingw/sharp knives lol. My hubs taught me how to throw them at trees and then bullseyes. It's actually a lot easier to do than you would think.
My hubs also taught me how to use a recurve and a long bow. We used to do a lot of hunting. I shot a 5 point buck my 1st yr deer hunting. It was a huge rush! I think adrenaline junkies must feel the same way doing something daring!

So glad your mood has shifted for the better hun! I think plans, goals, dreams, bucket lists ( short term and long ) are essential to achieving a happy, fulfilling life...addict or not. So I'm really glad you started one. That book's taking fo-eever lol!
Old 03-29-2016, 10:33 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

kzaug you shot a deer. I'm having trouble going fishing any more their eyes look really dead. It must hurst getting that hook out of their throats.

I've thrown knives and played with catapults but was not really allowed to *play* with knives or even play guns.

My father was really conscious of safety having worked with hot metal so we had to do it right. Do it safe. Careful rock fishing too.

My father was a pacifist unless completely necessary so from an early age guns and stuff we're not looked upon kindly. Pete Seeger's, "Gonna lay down my sound and shield........" stuff. Pete Seeger is great.

My family were and in many ways still are radical. A red unda ya bed haha.

Glad your surprise with family was good, much better than not getting invited anymore because I would be be drunk. What a drag.

Better this way.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

kzaug, our hunting and gun laws are different out here.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:23 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Typo: sword not sound.
Old 03-30-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
kzaug you shot a deer. I'm having trouble going fishing any more their eyes look really dead. It must hurst getting that hook out of their throats.

I've thrown knives and played with catapults but was not really allowed to *play* with knives or even play guns.

My father was really conscious of safety having worked with hot metal so we had to do it right. Do it safe. Careful rock fishing too.

My father was a pacifist unless completely necessary so from an early age guns and stuff we're not looked upon kindly. Pete Seeger's, "Gonna lay down my sound and shield........" stuff. Pete Seeger is great.

My family were and in many ways still are radical. A red unda ya bed haha.

Glad your surprise with family was good, much better than not getting invited anymore because I would be be drunk. What a drag.

Better this way.
Yea, I shot a deer. I'd shoot 1 every year, if I could lol. Venison is by far my fave meat.

As far as gun safety, we taught our kids how to shoot by the age of 10. More important, we took them squirrel hunting to show them "exactly" what happens when you shoot something. I think it's extremely important to train children about the dangers of guns, if you're going to own them.

I'm a pacifist in the sense that I abhor violence, unless it's in self defense. I think it would be very dangerous to disarm law abiding citizens because criminals would find a way to get guns the same way they do now...illegally. Guns don't kill people. Sociopathic criminals kill people. Yea, I'm a firm believer in the rights to keep and bear arms. It's one of the principals our country was founded on.

So, how bout we just agree to disagree on this topic hun?

(( Hugs ))
Old 03-30-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

So, it's my hubs & my 21st anniversary on the 1st and my son just informed us today that he bought us tickets to Iron Maiden's Book of Souls concert! It's next Tuesday and I am so excited! I can't wait lol. They're my all time fave band ( along w/Journey ) but I've never seen them in concert before.

This year is shaping up to be one of my best! For those of you who are struggling w/sobriety, it really does get better. Just 2yrs ago, was one of the worst yrs of my life...My mum died, was an opiate and benzos addict, graduated to an heroin addict, cold turkeyed everything & went through mo's of hellish withdrawals. Yea, definitely 1 of my top 5 worst years lol. So, when you feel discouraged & hopeless, please know that you too, will find happiness and contentment the longer you are sober/clean.

(( Hugs )) & love to all!
Old 03-30-2016, 10:54 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning everyone
Old 03-31-2016, 01:38 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Just back from an horrendous day with brother and mother. I am knackered .

Had to walk up the Hume Highway, which is the Highway to Hell.

Felt so much like having a beer on the way back that I did the replay the tape catchcry in my head and deduced that it meant think about the consequences and remember the past. So I did, and didn't drink.

I probably could have had one or two but tomorrow it would be 3 or 4 and it then it becomes limitless and I'd be screwed. Really glad I made the right choice. The only choice.

Sat next to a bloke on the train on the way back who said he liked my t-shirt. It was a Free Pu**y Riot one I'd bought to help with their legals but the word Riot was obscured and he thought it read
Free P***y.

I laughed, but told him it wouldn't be free.

Of course we can agree to disagree kzaug it's what makes the world go around.

Did manage to get to op shop on the Highway to Hell and bought a really deadly blouse, a pair of shorts and two just perfect coffee cups, $7:50. Bargain.

I am so tired but wishing everyone well and no, didn't cave. I can just imagine what I would be feeling like now even if I had have had only one. Like ****. It's never just one.

Night all.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:02 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Thanks Soberwolf.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
So, it's my hubs & my 21st anniversary on the 1st and my son just informed us today that he bought us tickets to Iron Maiden's Book of Souls concert! It's next Tuesday and I am so excited! I can't wait lol. They're my all time fave band ( along w/Journey ) but I've never seen them in concert before.

(( Hugs )) & love to all!
Have fun !!