Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 2

Old 04-01-2016, 10:14 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Three Dog Night.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:42 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

What to do today, was raining all yesterday so .. nothing done, well I did go look at how the new gutters flowed on the last house. A small problem on the sunroom.
Have 3 houses to maybe look at .. porch screens on a summer rental, caulk the new gutter on the last house I was on, and look at what I need to support the porch roof so I can yank out the column and fix it ,, without the porch falling off ,,

Ran out of coffee .. grrrrr ..
Old 04-03-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a nice start to the week ahead
Old 04-03-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Blacky, I loved listening to you give that SG a rip. Nice. And Robin Trower.....Victims Of The Fury, Bridge Of Sighs, or Whiter Shade Of Pale....Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

Just got back from 4 days at Roosevelt Lake with some friends from Celebrate Recovery. It was great to relax and do a little fishing and hiking. Back to the daily grind tomorrow. Time to start daydreaming about the next camping trip......
Old 04-03-2016, 06:00 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Next house ..

I yanked the column open thinking there had to be something in there as the round part
is moving around, holding up nothing ..

You might notice some sort fabric on the last pic .. so there are another .. um .. a lot, of places on this one ..
Old 04-03-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

Fishing and hiking are great pursuits Astro and glad you had a good time.

I'm more reluctant to fish now but enjoy it's solitary nature, and it really doesn't matter if you catch anything. .

Just looking out over the ocean or by a river is beautiful.. I always eat anything I catch or share with others - the rule of the angler.

I've been battling depression and anxiety for a while now, this weekend was crap, but have no desire to drink.

I have a script for Valium but really don't want to
up dose from my mean little 2..5mgs so will give it a miss. Looking for acceptance instead.

Envy your house renovations blackie both distracting and constructive. Can't see that fabric for the life of me but it looks like a big job and the steps look a bit dodgy too. Cute little house.

I suppose it makes a bit of difference if you contract with someone to do work than it is to selfmotivate when sitting with self at home with alcohol and pills out of the question. Carry on regardless.

Like your little moggie avatar but that top hat was pretty good too. hope your hand is healing well.

Hope your anniversary celebrations went down well kzaug and still no book but will follow up today.

I was going to say that you get less than that for murder (marriage) but thought it might not translate into the manner intended. Now that the celebrations are over its a bit more appropriate as humour.

Hi Soberwolf.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Forgot to say hi to Winslow. Hope things are better for you now. Not pretty is it?
Old 04-04-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Soooo not ready to go back to work after 4 days off! Ah well. Time to get back into the daily routine.

Blacky, looks like they've got the right man for the job.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:18 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Off to get the stitches out ..

Might not be fabric, could be plastic up there with the staples ..
Old 04-04-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

,, Incredibly I found some porch tongue and groove behind the house that
was from the back porch maybe that was the exact stuff I needed to patch under where that column was rotten .. so that is done .. now I will have to make a round base .. nothing at stores but plastic sort stuff that goes with new columns.

This is some sort 1909 mail order house .. maybe I can find what one used to look like ..

.. No luck with Sears .. most houses look better than this one .. hmmmm
Old 04-04-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Hey guys, I've got a very busy week ahead. Checking into our hotel tomorrow. Concert tomorrow night. Drive home Wednesday. And our oldest grandson is coming to stay w/us Thurs until Sun. Whew lol!

Steely, I love your attitude in the face of adversity ( depression and anxiety. ) That great attitude will get you everywhere!

Blacky, looks like you have a lot of work to do on that house. Don't forget the "after" pics.

Astro, I'm glad you had a great extended wkend fishing and camping! We plan on camping a lot this summer. We just bought an Eddie Bauer sleeping bag for 1 of the grandkids for $5 at the thrift store today. It's in like new condition!

Winslow, I hope you come back to us soon. I really miss you hun!

Wolfie, have a great week dear!

(( Hugs )) & love to all!
Old 04-04-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

]Great buy on the sleeping bag kzaug., and I miss Winslow too. Think about melki and Patricia who I didnt even know. I hope they are both OK.

Thankfully my depression is lifting and I am in semi sane sloth mode. Making dinner and watching Antiques Road Show. Not quite the op shop.

Think it's a good idea to research what mail order house looked like when first built blackie.

Wonder where you can get a round wooden pedestal? Find a Corinthian Column in the op shop.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
We just bought an Eddie Bauer sleeping bag for 1 of the grandkids for $5 at the thrift store today. It's in like new condition!
Score! I love a comfortable sleeping bag
Old 04-05-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Steely View Post
]

Think it's a good idea to research what mail order house looked like when first built blackie.

Wonder where you can get a round wooden pedestal? Find a Corinthian Column in the op shop.
Oh I have a salvage place that has all manner of old house parts, doors, mantels .. had one or 2 round columns and a lot of half square and half round .. all I wanted was a base .. found one too large ..

So I made one similar and just put the column back together ..

Column has a 4x4 added inside of it ..
Old 04-05-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

fours, sevens, cays ?
Old 04-06-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Fourbetwo or Fourbefour?

Deadly base you cut but it doesn't look like it was cut out of the same plank of wood (CSI Steely) that has the arc cut out of it. Hmmm? Ha ha.

Good brace on the verandah.

That joint (builder pun) does look in disrepair. You might get a bit more work out of it.

As the tenant mounts the new and excellent treads (yeah) the floor in the entrance will collapse and you'll be laying floorboards. Maybe even find the bones of some hapless former tenant buried by an unscrupulous landlord.

Thanks kzaug re my ability to cope with anxiety/depression. Frankly, all I do is cop it on the chin and hope for the best muttering "it will pass" and think of celery.

Got a really great pair of black jeans at the op shop. Expensive at $9 but brand new, good brand and perfect fit.

My neighbour friend practically ripped the ones I had off my legs because she liked them and reckoned they were "hot" haha. They were the only *hot* thing I had and my favourite, but because she's sick handed them over. Talk about the shirt off ya back.

The book arrived yesterday kzaug so am ready to go if you haven't gotten tired of waiting and have already read it.

My best to everyone and am emerging from the mire. Thanks you guys.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Today started off ok .. got materials .. had my stair diagram printed out ..

old

Ripped those out and smashed up the concrete step .. my back .. ouch

then I partly cut my stringer diagram and .. it was not working the way I liked.
The old porch deck comes off too far.

I tried to recalculate things and draw on the wood .. spent a while realizing that was not going to work out .. I mean we are talking 32nds of inches being used,
like 19 inches and 17 / 32nds .. and so on for each step point ..

I gave up trying myself and was headed home to redo it .. when I passed a library 5 minutes from the job .. they have internet .. spent 45 minutes there running the numbers to end the last step just right ..

Sorry no pics of the in progress .. but I got this done .. was dark when I left at 8:45pm ..

Temporary hand rail ..

.. tired, I am just going to copy this in another thread ..
Old 04-06-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

.. base shmase .. I'm over caring about that .. ha ha .. both are solid now ..

Man, I still have sawdust on me .. food .. now .. bye ..
Old 04-07-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

That's a hard days work, Blacky.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:31 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Do your best

Pat on the back bud looks great