Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 2

Old 03-21-2016, 02:14 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Hey blacky, I reckon you should look at Rory Gallagher if you want to see a really great guitarist.

Can't attach on this iPad like I could on my broken laptop ...... he's amazing. Maybe you know of him?
Old 03-21-2016, 05:10 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Oh I know of him and many others.

ooooo I'm late for work .. need to meet roofers .. but finish this cup of coffee .. and put on some pants ..
Old 03-21-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Steely, congrats on 90 days!
Old 03-21-2016, 05:38 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hey all,tweakers are Meth addicts,dunno how they got that name but it fits,I think out of all the addictions that ones the worst maybe? They are completely out of it,my daughters boyfriends brother is addicted to heroin but even he's lucid most of the time,was watching "intervention" yesterday sad show,especially when they get treatment, look great in the follow up and then relapse,grrrrr,so frustrating but the reality,anyone seen Patricia? Melki? Hope everyone has a great Monday😊
Old 03-21-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for asking, sorry I'm bad company. I'm here. Exhausted. Not using anything though. Getting by day by day, minute by minute, in a sort of survival mode. I have become very protective of my time and limited energy so have cut down on every possible thing that eats into it, including internet usage. Flying to see Dad, making a lot of arrangements. Exhausted. Worried how I'll feel when I actually see him and embrace the inevitable, but I can't think about that now. Now I'm grateful that the depression lifted a bit and at least I don't want to end it all. I just want to make it through till I can breathe again.

Sorry I am not replying individually, thank you again for being here.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

90 days is huge, congrats Steely!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:25 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Big (( Hugs )) Melki! You're not bad company at all and I'm so sorry you're going through all this. Try to get as much personal time as you can get sweety! And we'll be here whenever you need us.

Winslow, I did meth for 4mo's back in 2002, morning, noon and night. We knew the cook and got it free most of the time. I knew from the get go that we'd be moving 2hrs away and that we'd quit then. It's a dangerous drug because it's nearly impossible to be depressed on it. My hubs had nearly died that yr and we were loosing our dream home to foreclosure, but we didn't have a care in the world. We did quit when we moved and there were zero physical withdrawals, but the mental withdrawals were horrible. The worst physical symptom I encountered w/meth was loosing too much weight and feeling very weak because of it. I ended up in Sz 16 kids cloths & I'm 5'8", so I was all bones.

Meth increases the serotonin levels in the brain when using, so when you quit, you're extremely depressed for a long time. I can't imagine the mental aftermath of a long time user, but I've read it mentally wrecks people for yrs. After 4mo's of use, I was depressed for about 6 mo's.

Personally, klonopin was the hardest thing I've ever quit. Suboxine was the 2nd hardest. Opiates 3rd. These have both mental & physical withdrawals. Klonopin & subs were the worst because of the longevity of the 2....Klonopin, sick for 5 mo's and it took a good yr for my brain to heal...subs, not as severe as methadone or heroin, but last 2 mo's, as opposed to a week.
I'm sure different people have have different withdrawal experiences based on longevity of use, quantity and whether or not they taper or turkey.

Anyhoo, soooo glad all my substance abuse is in the past and in the past, is where it will stay.

So, my day at the "spa" w/daughters was a blast! It started out w/haircut and then, my oldest daughter informed me she was buying the hair color of my choice for my b-day. I chose auburn. I have the sweetest kids alive! I go to bed every night, thanking God for blessing me so richly.

To be cont....
Old 03-22-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
I go to bed every night, thanking God for blessing me so richly.
Those words gave me my big smile for the day
Old 03-22-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

You are not bad company melki. Not one bit.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I agree with Steely,Melki,I'm just glad you're still posting with all you've got going on,we care and even if you can only manage a quick hello at least we know you're ok,same goes for everyone😊Kzaug.iI think I meant Meth was a worse addiction while on it,too hyper! But then again I'm a hyper drunk for the first of it then gradually become the on the couch dozing off kind, so yeah,all addiction just sucks! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday😊
Old 03-22-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Oh MissP am I ever glad you have decided to slow your pace to a canter.

Funny, I just looked up how to spell canter, o or e? There are two meanings the second, "cantor" means an official who leads liturgical music in a synagogue and, in the christian means someone who sings solo in a choir. Howzat!

Bummer about missing that flight. I hate airports except for the really little ones in the country. The Flying Doctors are great. Big ones are soul destroying.

Make a chicken soup MissP. I've never made one before slack I know, but thought I'd give it a go. Supposed to be good for you MissP and easy to digest. Bread plus butter, just like a bought one, haha

I have a day ahead of me too and I'm pulling up after today too. Smoko!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 03-22-2016, 04:33 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rory is the shizz

D
Old 03-22-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Wink

he certainly is the schizz.

Gawd.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:12 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

I mean schizz.

And I just looked it up and I reiterate - he certainly is.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Hope things are going as well as they can for everyone.

So seems I needed a spare tire .. being as there was none under the truck
where it should be. Luckily I had another rim laying around that is the same style and size from a 99 Ford. So I go to the used tire store and use a front tire as the spare and have the better one put on the front.

Ok back to the job site. I, for some reason decide to look at the other tires and find that they are all 235/70 and the new one is 255/70 .. this has to do with the height of the tire. . grrrrrrrrr .. ok back to the store ,, 3 more correct tires .. needed them anyway .. so ..

Then I only have one key to the truck .. I have a magnetic box I usually have under my truck that holds a spare .. you know .. just in case.

Well newer vehicles these days have a chip embedded that tells the computer something .. I asked what happens if you just cut me a normal key .. Oh No the truck will think you are thieving it and who knows what might happen .. well I am not trying to test that out .. $75 for the key .. grrrrr still better than a dealer charge. They have the equipment at Loews home stores now.

I'm not gonna sweat the little stuff ..

Hey no leaks under the truck now at least .. and the AC works good too ..
Old 03-22-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Hello fellow travellers.

You and your truck blackie. Seems like it's coming together, leak fixed?

Wouldn't a magnetic box to hold spare keys make a vehicle more vulnerable to theft? Or, because you are McGyver do you have exclusive righs? Do you need a key to get into the metal box?

One of my brothers (I've got 4) had a VW beetle that he started with a tea spoon. Robert's a bit of a McGyver too.

My nuts lol brother was really good at rigging up phone tapping devices within the home when he was really actively paranoid. Just told him to rack off and that I was speaking to Mum whenever I phoned. He was OK, just reinforced the laws of privacy. He hasn't done that for a long time but the phone wires and connections are a bit on the scraggy side.

I'm still trying to imagine your old truck with a Mustang engine. You might be sorry when you see it at Oran Park taking out gold.

Me really glad to have grabbed the day for myself and the weather is great.

Hope everyone is travelling well. We've all been doing some hard travelling.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

The hide a key box is up in the frame somewhere .. and the leak is going into a catch like pan .. I do have to install a drain screw or something sometime .. ha ha ..
.. might be able to just dump the oil back in the engine .. nah probably contaminated from road debris ..

The fix for this would be a re-manufactured engine .. 3K $ .. ? ..
Old 03-23-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Oh, no. Did you buy a lemon?
Old 03-23-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Hi from this traveler too. Getting on the road. Full day of driving and a long flight ahead.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Thinking of you melki.

You'll do a good job helping your father melki and to be sober will leave you with memories of how well you did, not the reverse. The very best outcome for both you and your Dad. Proud of you melki. Bon Voyage.

Have a safe flight and enjoy your time with your family, particularly Dad. Don't forget to drop in when you get back. We're all in this together. No pressure haha

How did your scan go kzaug? Sorry I didn't pick up on the sarcasm when you were describing having it done. Sometimes I think my humour doesn't translate well, better take a look at myself.

Winslow, I'm glad I dodged the crystal methamphetamine crap as for sure I would have experimented when younger. Small mercies.

Have a great day everyone and now to buy celery.