Notices

I'm living Benzo free Part 2

Old 03-23-2016, 08:19 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Steely, your humor comes across just fine hun. I think you're a doll! My ultrasound turned out a ok, Ty for asking. The lump under my ribcage is a fatty tissue non cancerous tumour. It's amazing how far we have come medically, just in my lifetime. Don't even have to cut into ya anymore to determine benign or cancer.
Interesting stories about your brothers lol. Starting vehicles w/spoons & wire tapping! You must have had a grand 'ol time being raised w/4 brothers.
I sure wish the weather here was as great as yours. We're in the middle of a freezing rain/snow winter warning! Ugh! I'm completely over winter already!

Melki, I hope your flight goes well & I agree w/Steely, so much better to be sober during this difficult time. You're in my prayers hun.
Actually, everyone here is. I know everyone doesn't believe in God the way I do, but I like to pray for my friends anyway.

Blacky, do you know how to fix your truck cheaper than 3 grand? I sure hope so dear.

Winslow, I completely agree about meth & coke addicts. Hyper as can be & talk, talk talk! Ugh lol!

Hi Astro & Wolfie, I hope your wells are going well guys.

I've been a bit grouchy this week....sick of cold weather, my knee is swollen & hurting so I haven't been able to walk, hubs has been moody & I'm turning half a century old on Easter ( when did I grow this old??? Lol. )

Hump day (( hugs ))
Old 03-23-2016, 08:52 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought for a second Kzaug called you a dill, Steely

D
Old 03-24-2016, 12:48 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I am a bloody dill Dee lol word, but am glad to hear that my humour comes across OK.

Sometimes I think people will think me sarcastic, when I'm not, I'm just mucking around. I use humour as a defence, yes big news know.

Used it within my chaotic family to diffuse and at school to divert. Lifeskill of a sort and it has kept me sane. Thinking about the universal joke can be great fun and things become less scary, for me at any rate.

Good news about your ultrasound.

Best to all
Old 03-24-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Do your best

Steely I think your an amazing person hello everyone
Old 03-24-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Oh Soberwolf if only you knew.....I don't know what to say. Thank you.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
I'm turning half a century old on Easter ( when did I grow this old??? Lol. )
Welcome to the mid-century-something's I'm 52 now and already the smart ass cashiers at the grocery ask me if I qualify for a senior discount

I'm glad your scan turned out OK and hoping you're staying safe and warm this week.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

YeahSteely,I like your humor😊 Kzaug,I'm so happy the results are good,hope your mood lightens,throw on some tunes! I'm in a weird place,I posted on the Oct thread that I feel like I still have 5 months sober but I don't,physically I feel the reality of my lapse,i'm calling it a lapse instead of relapse cuz I feel if it were a relapse I'd still be drinking,or is that lying to myself? I have thoughts of drinking but its not something that I want to do,this is a hard journey I swear,hope everyone enjoys Thursday,safe travels Melki😊
Old 03-24-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Hey guys,
Dill? I had to Google it lol. Seems it also means "friend or buddy, " so yea Steely, you're a dill. I hope you had a good day hun!

Astro, Ty and I'm very grateful to have reached the mid century something's clean!

Hi Wolfie! You still walking all those miles?

Blacky, where you at?

Melki, I hope everything's going okay at your dads.

Winslow, I took your advice and had a Queenryche music marathon today. That did the trick and I perked up.
I don't think calling it a lapse is lying to yourself hun. I say, do whatever it takes for you. Everyone at rehab told me I wouldn't get clean if I didn't go to NA. Well, I didn't go & I did get clean.

(( Hugs )) n love all!
Old 03-24-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  
Administrator

dill is not very nice - someone that is not too smart - I was just having a joke with Steely
so...never call an Aussie a dill

D
Old 03-24-2016, 10:58 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Smile

I'd never heard dill being used in the friendly context either so thanks for the gen kzaug. Dee was mucking around, he must have been he knows I'm a doll. . Yeah, right.

kzaug, I watched a comedy last night "Don't Forget The Buzzcocks", and Michael Bolten was acting as host.

He was really great and sent himself up tirelessly with humility and honour. Talked about his Jesus poses, the smoke, the windswept hair on top of the mount. He got the joke and was enjoying it.

Even did Michael Bolten training for other people on the panel. It was very funny, but even better to see that he can take the mickey out of himself.

Couldn't help but think of you when I saw that it was the Mighty Michael. He is now in my top ten.

Michael..........

He has cut his hair and held his own with dignity. That's no mean feat if you used to be Michael Bolten.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:11 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Smile

I know the Emoticoms are dumb but they make me laugh. The one with the big rearing head in your face is a spinner.

How 'bout this: : wooo, yay! The dill proceeds.

Have a great Easter everyone.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 03-25-2016, 01:35 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Smile

You kill me Dee.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
HAZMAT training today. Wasn't signed up for it but one of my co-workers is sick so I take his spot.

Don't they know that being an alcoholic an addict for 27 years, I'm self trained in hazardous materials?
Old 03-25-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Where have I been ? ,, why underneath my truck .. lemon ? .. not really for 291k miles it is doing pretty well .. ha ha ..

.. and just looked under it and no evidence of anything on the ground .. yet ..

Waiting now to see what the transmission does .. seems it had no fluid registering on the dip stick when checked hot at idle .. oh and I put in the wrong type of fluid .. Mercon LV instead of Mercon V .. only a qt. and it holds 14 so .. I am going to try and not worry about it .. grrrrrrr ..
Old 03-25-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Aaah! Incredible anxiety this morning! I've got to get this under control,why do I feel so overwhelmed over nothing?
Old 03-25-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Smile Morning anxiety

I hope your anxiety lessens soon, Winslow.
Old 03-25-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Winslow, anxiety like that is horrible I know, and hope you've improved at now.

The only way I have learned to deal with it is to accept it. It doesn't go away necessarily, but by giving yourself permission to feel overwhelmed somehow seems to lighten the load/onslaught lol and let's you know you're OK.

Getting it "under control" can be overwhelming and taxing in itself, like "talking to the taxman about poetry." ~ Billy Bragg. A losing battle.

Outside of that I used alcohol and other drugs to make it all go away, and that was a doomed experience.

I think it takes sometime to feel comfortable in the world when in active recovery. It's no walk in the park. And if it doesn't work out I going to sue. haha

Hope you are feeling better.

HAZMAT training Astro? Do you work for the police or rescue and hazmat is your job or do you work in an industry where hazardous materials are used? I've worked with some solvents that freeze without breathing and highly flammable too.

Hate all those chemicals. But as you say, you've got a good handle on it given your experience haha.

Good to see you back blackie and truck holding up. If you don't have a vehicle you can't work and that would be a bummer.

For that sort of mileage a lemon is not so bitter I guess.

Hope the Mercon LV solves the problem and 14:1 ain't bad.

Top day in NSW Autumn's here and it's deadly. The gumtree outside is just hanging, but there's no koala bears in it because the all got evicted with development.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Last edited by Steely; 03-25-2016 at 04:04 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 03-25-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're feeling a little better now Winslow?
have a great Easter break guys

D
Old 03-25-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Oops, I meant 1:14 ain't bad.

Hope it doesn't all leak on the test patch.