Blogs


Notices

Days sober.....

Old 01-01-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Introvrtd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 851
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Yea, early recovery pretty much sucks, Intro. But sobriety is so rewarding & so worth it in the end. Have you employed any anti anxiety measures, like meditating, deep breathing, coloring or exercise?
Happy New Yr!
(( Hugs ))
I do exercise kzaug, but Im having a bit of time right now...

Thanks for your concern
Introvrtd1 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Introvrtd1 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-01-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 07:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Introvrtd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 851
Ive had a racing hear with palpitations that started late this afternoon....

Ive been pacing the floor for about three hours and I can't seem to settle down...
Introvrtd1 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Introvrtd1 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-01-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 07:22 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 187,858
Blog Entries: 1
If you think you need medical help Introvrtd the ER is always an option?

D
Dee74 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-01-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Member
 
JK130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California, USA
Posts: 621
Are you alone? Can you get to the hospital if you need to? I hope you're feeling better very soon, but don't hesitste to get help.
JK130 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JK130 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-01-2016)
Old 01-01-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Member
 
kzaug2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mi
Posts: 1,318
Intro, I agree w/Dee & JK. Please go to the ER...better safe than sorry, k?
kzaug2014 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kzaug2014 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (01-02-2016)
Old 01-02-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Member
 
kzaug2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mi
Posts: 1,318
How are you feeling today, Intro?
kzaug2014 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kzaug2014 For This Useful Post:
Dee74 (01-02-2016), Introvrtd1 (01-03-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Introvrtd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 851
Day 21......

Feeling better, thanks Kzaug....

I guess things get better with time, especially when theres what feels like setbacks in recovery.........When the body is changing....like when smokers recover from having nicotine in their bodies so long, they feel so bad when the nicotine is purging from their bodies.....

So goes with alcohol.....

Apparently, I was feeling bad the other day, because in detoxing with lemon water for several days straight, I purged the potassium right out of my body.....a visit to the acute care clinic discovered mine was dangerously low....(lessons learned)

Now Ive limited my detoxing drinks to once a week and increased my potassium intake.....

Learning.......discovering new things about my body returning to its pre-drinking days.....and a new journey to return to the body I once had as a early 20-something....
Introvrtd1 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Introvrtd1 For This Useful Post:
Astro (01-04-2016), Dee74 (01-03-2016), kzaug2014 (01-03-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Member
 
kzaug2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mi
Posts: 1,318
I'm really glad to hear your okay, Intro.
I, too, am going to get in better shape this yr. I gained 40lbs in the past 16mos since I quit opiates and benzos, so I plan to start loosing that....eat more healthy, cutting out processed sugar, eating more fruit & veggies. I just bought a yoga dvd for people dealing w/pain & I'm going to start swimming at the local school pool. I'm really excited about the changes to come.

Well done on 3wks, keep posting & have a great day! (( Hugs ))
kzaug2014 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kzaug2014 For This Useful Post:
Astro (01-04-2016), Dee74 (01-03-2016), Introvrtd1 (01-03-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Introvrtd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 851
Day 24.....

Still working thru my anxiety issues.....

Don't want to be on benzos.....the benefits of being anxious some of the time with no chemical dependency outweigh the benefits of no anxiety while being dependent on a drug.....

Work in progress....

Uugghh
Introvrtd1 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Introvrtd1 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-06-2016), patricia68 (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Member
 
kzaug2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mi
Posts: 1,318
Hi Intro,
I think you'll find that once quit benzos, you're anxiety issues will lighten up ( not immediately as you'll feel some withdrawal, but afterwards. )
You're doing great! Keep it up.
(( Hugs ))
kzaug2014 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to kzaug2014 For This Useful Post:
patricia68 (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Introvrtd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 851
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Hi Intro,
I think you'll find that once quit benzos, you're anxiety issues will lighten up ( not immediately as you'll feel some withdrawal, but afterwards. )
You're doing great! Keep it up.
(( Hugs ))
Thanks kzaug
Introvrtd1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Introvrtd1 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 06:28 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Introvrtd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 851
Silly question......

Do withdrawal symptoms like anxiety come and go long after sobriety? If so how long?

Sometimes I feel ok then at times I feel like I'm going thru another horrible withdrawal....

Its only been 24 days but after two weeks I thought I was really on my way to feeling normal again....setbacks are so discouraging....
Introvrtd1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Introvrtd1 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Member
 
kzaug2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mi
Posts: 1,318
You know what Intro? I owe you and apology...I got your progress mixed up w/Sizzle's. I'm sorry. I know you quit drinking 24 days ago, but were you prescribed benzos too? Plz forgive my forgetfulness ( & disregard the following, if you quit benzos awhile ago...like I'm thinking you did. )

Benzo withdrawals are very strange. Some people quit w/very little withdrawal, while others can take between 1-2yrs. They're the only medication I know of that affects people so differently. But I do believe that those who suffer for a long time are those who used the meds long term & go cold turkey.

I wouldn't look at this as a setback...more like a continuing journey that must be taken on the road to sobriety. Benzos mess w/receptors in our brains & it takes time for those receptors to right themselves.

I drank a lot in my younger days, but never had much of a problem quitting, so the only info I can offer on alcohol is from what I've read here at SR. I have read that it takes some time for the anxiety to go away for a lot of alcoholics. I think adjusting to a clean & sober way of life takes time. I also think that a person's circumstances play a part in the equation & is their home life peaceful and happy or do they deal w/alot of drama?
My circumstances pretty much sucked. I cold turkeyed opiates & benzos, so I knew it was going to be a long haul. My environment was pretty crappy too, since my hubs didn't quit heroin until 8mo's after I quit. It would have been pretty easy to relapse since the drug was in my home everyday. But, I committed myself to however long and no matter what it took.

I hope your day tomorrow is more relaxing.

(( Hugs ))
kzaug2014 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kzaug2014 For This Useful Post:
Astro (01-07-2016), stevepearce (01-08-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Introvrtd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 851
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
You know what Intro? I owe you and apology...I got your progress mixed up w/Sizzle's. I'm sorry. I know you quit drinking 24 days ago, but were you prescribed benzos too? Plz forgive my forgetfulness ( & disregard the following, if you quit benzos awhile ago...like I'm thinking you did. )

Benzo withdrawals are very strange. Some people quit w/very little withdrawal, while others can take between 1-2yrs. They're the only medication I know of that affects people so differently. But I do believe that those who suffer for a long time are those who used the meds long term & go cold turkey.

I wouldn't look at this as a setback...more like a continuing journey that must be taken on the road to sobriety. Benzos mess w/receptors in our brains & it takes time for those receptors to right themselves.

I drank a lot in my younger days, but never had much of a problem quitting, so the only info I can offer on alcohol is from what I've read here at SR. I have read that it takes some time for the anxiety to go away for a lot of alcoholics. I think adjusting to a clean & sober way of life takes time. I also think that a person's circumstances play a part in the equation & is their home life peaceful and happy or do they deal w/alot of drama?
My circumstances pretty much sucked. I cold turkeyed opiates & benzos, so I knew it was going to be a long haul. My environment was pretty crappy too, since my hubs didn't quit heroin until 8mo's after I quit. It would have been pretty easy to relapse since the drug was in my home everyday. But, I committed myself to however long and no matter what it took.

I hope your day tomorrow is more relaxing.

(( Hugs ))
I quit drinking, but I was never taking benzos.....at least until that ER visit a few days ago whe I got an ativan IV drip....But it was only that one time and only for about two hours....Since then Ive had no other benzos and I felt great for about a full day and a half.......till that wore off......

So With the new bp meds I feel as if Im going thru a lot of changes that I may be stressing over.....

Its 10:36pm and Ive tsken my last med for the night.....just waiting as it makes me really drowsy so I can sleep but its slow....
Introvrtd1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Introvrtd1 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Introvrtd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 851
I did however take ativan 1mg in the past.....but only for a week.....quit cold turkey and survived three days of horrble insomnia and anxiety
Introvrtd1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Introvrtd1 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-06-2016)
Old 01-06-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 187,858
Blog Entries: 1
Originally Posted by Introvrtd1 View Post
Silly question......

Do withdrawal symptoms like anxiety come and go long after sobriety? If so how long?

Sometimes I feel ok then at times I feel like I'm going thru another horrible withdrawal....

Its only been 24 days but after two weeks I thought I was really on my way to feeling normal again....setbacks are so discouraging....
It really depends on things like whether you were anxious before you started drinking, I think.

I was so it took a longish amount of time for me to get a grip on my anxiety sober.

your mileage may very Introvrtd?

D
Dee74 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
Astro (01-07-2016), kzaug2014 (01-06-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Forum Leader
 
Astro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Posts: 19,075
My anxiety hung around a long time, I was on SSRI's for my first year sober and it took about 4 months for those to settle in. I had to add a lot to my recovery program to push the anxiety away. Extra meetings, more Higher Power, lots of fresh air, exercise, and sunshine. And enjoyment of life. I continue those practices today.
Astro is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Astro For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Introvrtd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 851
Originally Posted by Astro View Post
My anxiety hung around a long time, I was on SSRI's for my first year sober and it took about 4 months for those to settle in. I had to add a lot to my recovery program to push the anxiety away. Extra meetings, more Higher Power, lots of fresh air, exercise, and sunshine. And enjoyment of life. I continue those practices today.
I hear ya Astro
Introvrtd1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Introvrtd1 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Introvrtd1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Back in the USA
Posts: 851
Depression phase.....
Introvrtd1 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Introvrtd1 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-07-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Administrator
 
Dee74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 187,858
Blog Entries: 1
what are you doing about that Introvrtd?

D
Dee74 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Dee74 For This Useful Post:
kzaug2014 (01-07-2016)

Currently Active Users Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:55 AM.