Notices

Days sober.....

Old 01-07-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi Intro, I'm sorry you're feeling down. Do you have any hobbies to help lift your spirits?
(( Hugs ))
Old 01-07-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
what are you doing about that Introvrtd?

D
Didn't feel like doing anything but feel sorry for myself......but above all I didn't feel like drinking either.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I know when you're depressed, any activity of any kind is the last thing you want to do. Sometimes, you need to force yourself.
I got into a lazy funk last week & just didn't feel like myself. So this 1wk., I forced myself to get off the couch, put some music on & started cleaning. Before the holidays I was working on something ( cleaning, hobbies, ect... ) a minimum of 4hrs/day. Keeping busy like that also boosted my moods & I could really tell the difference the last 1wk & 1/2.
I really highly recommend adult coloring books for anxiety.I know it may sound a bit childish, but rehabs & therapists use them. It's very relaxing. And it works.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
I really highly recommend adult coloring books for anxiety.I know it may sound a bit childish, but rehabs & therapists use them. It's very relaxing. And it works.
I've been know to do leathercraft at times to pull me out of an anxiety attack. I make some pretty crappy bookmarks and other stuff but it helps to have my hands and brain engaged.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I know when you're depressed, any activity of any kind is the last thing you want to do. Sometimes, you need to force yourself.
I got into a lazy funk last week & just didn't feel like myself. So this 1wk., I forced myself to get off the couch, put some music on & started cleaning. Before the holidays I was working on something ( cleaning, hobbies, ect... ) a minimum of 4hrs/day. Keeping busy like that also boosted my moods & I could really tell the difference the last 1wk & 1/2.
yeah......cleaning is my thing
Old 01-08-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
I've been know to do leathercraft at times to pull me out of an anxiety attack. I make some pretty crappy bookmarks and other stuff but it helps to have my hands and brain engaged.
Yep....I tend to just walk .....nowhere in particular just walk.....in a big circle, or around the jobsite where I work, or just around the house while cleaning.....keeping distracted.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good morning Intro,
Your short replies lead me to believe that you're still feeling down in the dumps. If I'm wrong, tell me.
This journey you're on is not easy ( especially at 1st ) but does get better. Life will still throw you curve balls...can't get past that. But, sober, you'll be much better equipped to handle situations that come your way.
Are you still meditating?
Old 01-08-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good morning Intro,
Your short replies lead me to believe that you're still feeling down in the dumps. If I'm wrong, tell me.
This journey you're on is not easy ( especially at 1st ) but does get better. Life will still throw you curve balls...can't get past that. But, sober, you'll be much better equipped to handle situations that come your way.
Are you still meditating?
Yeah Kzaug its still comes and goes.....doesn't help that the weather is cold, hazy, and wet. Does make for a blue mood. I'm relatively ok....just gets a bit heavy at times....
Old 01-09-2016, 03:19 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Day 27......

Having a really bad gout flareup.....The slight onset took place a couple days ago.....The pain is at its worst today....

I can't understand where it cane from since Ive been eating healthy and not been drinking....been trying to stay away from all the gouty foods lately...had some salsa and chips just before it came on a few days back.......could it be the tomatoes?

Uugghh took my gout meds this morning already so Im just waiting to heal...
Old 01-09-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Liver might still be metabolizing some old toxins from the past....
Old 01-10-2016, 10:23 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're in pain Intro. I've heard gout is very painful. I'm not sure if they way we feel in early recovery can be explained by anything scientific, by regular joes like me anyways. I just think it takes time for our bodies and minds to adjust to sobriety. The saying "time heals all wounds" is normally advised for broken hearts, but I think it applies to sobriety too.
You're doing really well...congrats on 27 days. Keep it up & I hope your pain subsides soon.
(( Hugs ))
Old 01-14-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Day 32.....

The past week I felt.....well, normal....what is normal? I forgot.

No anxiety....no depression....triggers didn't seem to bother me and sleep is sound and lasts thru the night....best of all, I dont feel like crap in the morning after sleep.....

Im somehow waiting for the other shoe to drop.....waiting for something to cope or deal with on a negative level...I guess I should stop doing that and just carry on and enjoy it....

sigh
Old 01-14-2016, 01:31 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Intro! Well done on 32 days & I'm glad you had an even keeled wk.
The thing about the other shoe dropping is...it always does. Such is life. We all experience something sooner or later....and repeat. It's just a matter of staying resolute in our sobriety & saying "I can handle this straight & sober." Being of sound mind helps us to conquer obstacles in our path.
Have a great night!
(( Hugs ))
Old 01-14-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Intro! Well done on 32 days & I'm glad you had an even keeled wk.
The thing about the other shoe dropping is...it always does. Such is life. We all experience something sooner or later....and repeat. It's just a matter of staying resolute in our sobriety & saying "I can handle this straight & sober." Being of sound mind helps us to conquer obstacles in our path.
Have a great night!
(( Hugs ))
Thanks.....but I may have jinxed it on my last post....

Just got off the exercise bike 30 mins....felt my heart rate getting faster instead of slowing down....took my bp and it was higher than normal.....Yes, exercise does make the heart beat faster and the blood pressure rise......the anxiety kicked in again.....

I may have done this to myself....i got all worked up

ugh
Old 01-14-2016, 02:05 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

maybe split that 30 up a little for a few days so you don't get so racey and anxious Introv?

D
Old 01-14-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

maybe split that 30 up a little for a few days so you don't get so racey and anxious Introv?

D
Yeah D.....take it slow...
Old 01-14-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I agree w/D. And maybe a hot Epsom salt bath to relax right now ( Epsom salt works. )
Old 01-14-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

a mantra for us both, man

D
Old 01-14-2016, 03:11 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

a mantra for us both, man

D
Thanks kzaug and Dee
Old 01-14-2016, 03:13 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

I agree w/D. And maybe a hot Epsom salt bath to relax right now ( Epsom salt works. )
How do epsom salt baths work? Do they draw out toxins?