Thread: Days sober.....
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Introvrtd1

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
You know what Intro? I owe you and apology...I got your progress mixed up w/Sizzle's. I'm sorry. I know you quit drinking 24 days ago, but were you prescribed benzos too? Plz forgive my forgetfulness ( & disregard the following, if you quit benzos awhile ago...like I'm thinking you did. )

Benzo withdrawals are very strange. Some people quit w/very little withdrawal, while others can take between 1-2yrs. They're the only medication I know of that affects people so differently. But I do believe that those who suffer for a long time are those who used the meds long term & go cold turkey.

I wouldn't look at this as a setback...more like a continuing journey that must be taken on the road to sobriety. Benzos mess w/receptors in our brains & it takes time for those receptors to right themselves.

I drank a lot in my younger days, but never had much of a problem quitting, so the only info I can offer on alcohol is from what I've read here at SR. I have read that it takes some time for the anxiety to go away for a lot of alcoholics. I think adjusting to a clean & sober way of life takes time. I also think that a person's circumstances play a part in the equation & is their home life peaceful and happy or do they deal w/alot of drama?
My circumstances pretty much sucked. I cold turkeyed opiates & benzos, so I knew it was going to be a long haul. My environment was pretty crappy too, since my hubs didn't quit heroin until 8mo's after I quit. It would have been pretty easy to relapse since the drug was in my home everyday. But, I committed myself to however long and no matter what it took.

I hope your day tomorrow is more relaxing.

(( Hugs ))
I quit drinking, but I was never taking benzos.....at least until that ER visit a few days ago whe I got an ativan IV drip....But it was only that one time and only for about two hours....Since then Ive had no other benzos and I felt great for about a full day and a half.......till that wore off......

So With the new bp meds I feel as if Im going thru a lot of changes that I may be stressing over.....

Its 10:36pm and Ive tsken my last med for the night.....just waiting as it makes me really drowsy so I can sleep but its slow....