Notices

Days sober.....

Old 05-16-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hey Intro,good to hear from you😊 I've just started self hypnosis for anxiety, got an app on my phone,not sure I like the ladies voice,I'm used to the one on YouTube that I liked the guys voice was so soothing, I hate anxiety, so useless! Do you take meds for it? Any supps? Hope you have a great day, thanks for checking in😊
Old 05-16-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Hey Intro,good to hear from you😊 I've just started self hypnosis for anxiety, got an app on my phone,not sure I like the ladies voice,I'm used to the one on YouTube that I liked the guys voice was so soothing, I hate anxiety, so useless! Do you take meds for it? Any supps? Hope you have a great day, thanks for checking in😊
No meds Winslow.....I was on paxil 25 years ago, but I've learned to cope with anxiety over the years. The drinking was a way to self medicate, but since sobriety Ive learned to cope all over again... This time on a better level!
Old 05-16-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Good for you Intro😊
Old 05-22-2016, 01:08 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

It's been really nice to be able to leave the house on sunny weekends......without worrying about or having any anxiety or panic attacks.

Sobriety is amazing.!

Thanks to you all!

:
Old 05-23-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Wonderful attitude Intro!! Great that you're feeling good😊
Old 05-24-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Intro,was wondering if you have any tips on dealing with anxiety you can.share?
Old 05-27-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Intro,was wondering if you have any tips on dealing with anxiety you can.share?
Well......I really don't know if I have any tips....other than what works for me.....

I cope....that's all I can really do....Im not on any meds for anxiety, I dont see any therapists, and I don't do AA or any other counseling.

I just take vitamins, eat lots of vegetables, quit the alcohol (of course), and try to exercise at least once or twice a week. I lost tons of weight, and trying to lose a bit more.

I will tell you that my sobriety has everything to do with how Ive been feeling for the last five months.....during sobriety, there were really big improvements such as; sleep is much better, anxiety is almost non-existent, and health increased dramatically!

Ive found that what works for some may not work for others....Ive researched a whole ton of youtube vids and reading material on alcohol consumption, sobriety, and the affects it has on the body when we quit.

The journey is rough sometimes, but there are fewer bad days and more good days as time goes by.....

Good luck on your journey, and I hope you find what works for you.

Intro
Old 05-27-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I'm so happy you've reached the "feeling great" point Intro! I'm so proud of you. You're an inspiration! Big (( Hugs ))
Old 05-27-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
I'm so happy you've reached the "feeling great" point Intro! I'm so proud of you. You're an inspiration! Big (( Hugs ))
Old 05-27-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I guess what keeps me on track is .......Some days I get a lot of anxiety triggers that bring me down and keep me from eating and just feeling anxious....This also keeps me from wanting to drink, believe it or not because I know it will make things worse before it gets better!

For some, the anxiety drives the TO drink....For me....it keeps me from it....

I don't know....sigh....I wanna feel good all the time....but Im still having trouble accepting the good feelings, almost as if I feel guilty about feeling good....feeling normal....

Seems its when Im feeling good is when I let my guard down and think Im ok to drink because I somehow feel 'Cured'.

I know it's weird, but.....Does this make any sense?

So its the 'Good' days I have to watch out for. The 'bad' days only validate and remind me of what I used to feel after I drank heavily.

For now, Im just going to keep going on my sober journey, striving for those good days.....After all....They're worth it....
Old 06-01-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Do your best

You always make sense brother
Old 06-10-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

A few bad days of anxiety since I was last on here.....They didn't last but mere moments rather than hours.....As they used to affect my entire day, these short bouts of anxiety ruined only a fraction of my day...,,

Had I been drinking......The day after would've been the same ole long days of anxiety ridden misery...

Nothing I haven't dealt with before though.....Guess I just cope with it as always....

....till it passes....
Old 06-11-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Just remembered how much I pigged out on birthday cake last weekend! Not mine, but I had not one, but TWO honking slices! I forgot that SUGAR.....As well as the alcohol, exacerbated the anxiety in me!

No wonder I had such a bad time for a few days after eating that cake! Almost felt as bad as an alcohol withdrawal!

So now thats THREE things to eliminate from my diet......Alcohol, caffeine, and SUGAR!

Sigh....
Old 06-12-2016, 02:35 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hey Intro
Old 06-12-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I get the same from sugar! Especially if my stomachs empty,its actually worse for me than caffeine,now I don't mind quitting the booze but sugar is a whole other story,first of all,I love it,second there's so much hidden sugar in everything but I was reading a former drinkers blog and 1 year after she quit drinking she quit sugar,just 2 weeks later she had more energy,no brain fog,lost weight,just felt way better so I'm gonna TRY,hard though😊
Old 06-12-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Anxiety really bad today
Old 06-12-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Tempted to drink but I know how bad it makes me feel afterwards
Old 06-12-2016, 06:46 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Old 06-13-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Introvrtd1 View Post
Tempted to drink but I know how bad it makes me feel afterwards
There are days when that thought is all I have to keep me from taking a drink, and I usually follow it up with a call to another alcoholic or a recovery meeting. My willpower alone isn't enough.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

You ok Intro? Were there any triggers for the anxiety attack? Sometimes lack of sleep,too much caffeine, sugar,artificial sweeteners,lack of exercise and so on trigger me,hope you're better now😊