Notices

I'm living Benzo free

Old 01-25-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

IDK Winslow, hope it went away,

I had a good day. Got a call in the morning from a new customer about sealing a leak next to his chimney and siding. I did not have anything scheduled so I set it up to go out and have a look.

I took care of what the man wanted, made a few dollars which I needed and also a good impression I think so he will call again sometime for other work.

I also set up work for for tomorrow because it will be about 60 degrees and I have some rotten siding to cut out and replace and paint.

Still having the weird dreams but am able to go right back to sleep and get up by 8, which is real good for me as I was sometimes sleeping all day or as long as possible.

So things are getting better.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:24 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
IDK Winslow, hope it went away,

I had a good day. Got a call in the morning from a new customer about sealing a leak next to his chimney and siding. I did not have anything scheduled so I set it up to go out and have a look.

I took care of what the man wanted, made a few dollars which I needed and also a good impression I think so he will call again sometime for other work.

I also set up work for for tomorrow because it will be about 60 degrees and I have some rotten siding to cut out and replace and paint.

Still having the weird dreams but am able to go right back to sleep and get up by 8, which is real good for me as I was sometimes sleeping all day or as long as possible.

So things are getting better.
Sweet!

May you see many more great days!
Old 01-26-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Standard weird dream night but at least I was asleep. Up at 7, coffee .. mmmmm ..

I think it will be a good day.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

I slept weird too,kinda half awake where your dream feels like reality, odd feeling, where is everyone? I have a full blown cold now,great,son and g-son have been sick all week so it was due I guess,hope we all have a great day😊
Old 01-26-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Hi all,
My kids/grandson stayed until Sunday night. Somehow I managed to hurt my left knee ugh, but I'm pretty used to aches & pains having fibro & RA. What sucks though is I haven't been able to exercise for the last 3 days.

Blacky, it's awesome that you got a new customer! I'm happy for you!

Winslow, I hope you feel well soon.

Patricia, how are you?

(( Hugs )) everyone!
Old 01-26-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

I hope everyone starts feeling better, or as well as you can.

Had a good day of work and finished repairing some rotten cedar siding for a long time customer. He has a bit of other work as well.

Tomorrow may be the wall paper removal job, oh joy .. ha ha ..

Feeling more motivated each day I think, so that is good.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hey all,still battling this dumb cold! Its had my anxiety levels high right now,Itthink cuz its hard to breathe my body gets panicked,I'vebeen back up to full klonopin dose�� I don't know what I'm doing,I feel like a bum posting here cuz I'mnot even ttapering anymore,I think it might hinder others reading and trying to get off benzos to see me post my half hearted attempt, hope everyone is well,I wish you all the best��
Old 01-28-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Hang in there Winslow you can try again when ready, and if I was going to back track on my taper it would have been yesterday removing wallpaper.

I got it off eventually and the wall defects patched and still only take one pill at night night. I feel ok, working is helpful.

Today is my alcohol class from 9 - 11 and then at a different place a group meeting with therapist from 12 to 2 .. at least it is close by .. as it is time to go.

Try and have a good day folks, later.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Winslow, you're not hindering anyone hun. We're all in charge of our own recoveries and at different points. People don't have to be benzo free ( or even tapering ) to post in this thread. So please continue to post k?

Blacky, I think working is very beneficial for anxiety. That's why I workout around the house everyday for 4-5 hrs. ( & 1 of the reasons I started exercising. )
I just bought 2 gals of new paint for $11 last night at a local online auction we have in our area. Score! Lol! I've been buying up paint this past yr at these auctions and have about 12 gal all together now.

I also got 6 of those boxed cd sets they used to sell on tv for15 bucks...two 60's rock, three 70's rock & one 80's rock!

(( Hugs )) all!
Old 01-28-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

And the topic of my group today was ... anxiety and causes and such ..

You know all the information I am getting from these classes and groups is on this site as well I think. It is good to be around people that share some common issues in a group discussion type setting though I think.

Kzaug in my line of work I am always collecting paint, left over sometimes from jobs or people just wanting to get rid of it or the last two gals. were on the side of the road. They were full so .. I have no idea what colors .. I also hope it is paint and not used motor oil .. HA HA ..

I have taken white and off whites of flat, satin and semi gloss and mixed them to get 5 gals. in a bucket to do a room .. even a lite blue with mostly white mix looks white if you paint the whole room.

Then I have various dark tinted colors. I should paint a mural or something.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:24 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

I hope it's not motor oil too Blacky lol.
I plan on mixing flat, satin & semi gloss together. I googled it last yr. to make sure you could do that. The last lot of paint I bought was 15 gals of partially full paint for $11 in a mix of all different colors. I mixed a bunch of them together & got 8 good gallons....in green, pastel yellow, peach, tan & slate blue. I don't want white walls...too boring for me lol.
I wish I could paint a mural on 1 of my walls. That would be awesome! In 1 of my antiques magazines, I once saw a giant paint by number of a deer in the woods painted on a bedroom wall. It was really cool!

My knee is feeling better, so I'm back on my treadmill. And I went through all of my dvds, organized them & am auctioning off over 100 of em. Also decided to sell a bunch of my vintage art pottery. I need to make space if I ever want to paint lol.

(( Hugs ))
Old 01-29-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

I thought of painting my bedroom ceiling sky blue with a few clouds drifting by ..

I also thought of painting a wall as if it was made out of large stone blocks like in a castle and then having window that I paint distant green hills and forest ..

Never did any of that .. yet .. ha ha .. I probably should finish painting my entrance way and hall. I did the stairs and trim in some industrial beige color I got second hand, but I never finished painting the walls.

Cobblers children have no shoes.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

And mechanic's cars run terribly and hairdressers kids have horrible hair haha,good one Blacky,I thought for sure that after being off booze for over 3 months my anxiety would tamper down a bit so I could feel more confident tapering the klonopin,anxiety actually seems worse! Its not anything on my mind,its more of a body anxiety, I just dunno anymore, Patricia, how are you?check in please,no matter what we still care about you,Kzaug,you do love your music,I love compilation CD's remember the "NOW"ones? I think they still make those,I used to buy them all the time,hope everyone enjoys the weekend😊
Old 01-30-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I'm a bit on the depressed side today. I woke up today w/a strange, orange colored stain on my hand. It looks like iodine & this is the 3rd time this has happened, so I googled it. There were pictures of other people's hands & they were identical to my stains.
It's most likely adrenal fatigue or Addisons disease. Other symptoms include gastrointestinal abnormalities, fatigue and dehydration. Check...Check...Check.
I'm not really worried about this adrenal disorder though. I'm more worried about 1 of the 2 more common causes...cancer.
In Sept. 2014, I had blood work done, which revealed abnormally high red or white blood cells...I can't remember which. I have a tendency to push troubling thoughts outta my head, so I won't worry about them. I did this w/that irregular blood results & didn't go back to a doctor until 3 months ago ( a new 1. )
Another cause of concern to me is a steadily growing, painful lump under my right ribcage for the last yr & 1/2. This concern has been much harder to push outta my head, as this growth is attached to me.
I'm finally having more blood work done next wk., so we shall see.
For 10yrs., I told my doctors that I wouldn't stop smoking because all the women in my family lived so long, dying of Alzheimer's or w/Dementia & I didn't want to die like that. I didn't tell them that I hoped to die before my darling hubs ( or, at least around the same time. ) I know this sounds really messed up, but that's what drugs did to my brain.
Whatever happens, I know God will be there w/me.
((( Hugs )))
Old 01-30-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Kzaug,I hope everything is ok,has your doc checked out the growth?
Old 01-30-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Kzaug,I hope everything is ok,has your doc checked out the growth?
Not yet. I have an appt in Feb. & planned on telling him then.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Hope everything turns out well, or can be fixed up K.

I am doing well just taking 1, 1mg of klonopin at 11pm. I have my next appt. on Tue. and that is the one where she said bring in my bottle of pills. I think she will step it down to a half I hope. I also think the Lexapro is doing something so I want that upped a bit. I will see.

I am sleeping ok, not waking as much from the weird dreams which is also good.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope everything goes well Kzaug
Old 01-31-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

I only took a half klonopin last night.
Took a little longer to get to sleep and I think I shot someone .. in a dream.
.. that I can't recall now. I do remember waking up and thinking ..
I can't share this dream, folks will think I'm some sort (fill in blank) ..

Ha Ha .. guess this is a normal sort of thing when decreasing certain meds
and also the quitting of alcohol. That had me having similar dreams.

Hope folks have as good a day as possible.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
K, my thoughts and prayers are with you, I hope your Dr. has some answers.