Notices

I'm living Benzo free

Old 02-05-2016, 08:26 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Great pic of Barbra! Made me smile too lol.
Are you talking about wallpaper or paint, Blacky?

Patricia, have you been trying any relaxing activities to help your anxiety...you know...deep breathing, soothing music, hot baths, coloring, meditation, etc.?
I agree w/Blacky. Anxiety gets better w/time.

Big (( Hugs ))
Old 02-06-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

I removed the wallpaper and then I go over the walls with a flood light at an angle to show the defects and gouges in the walls and fill them in.

Today I will sand all the walls to knock down the dry glue residue and smooth the walls / repairs. Then I will use an oil base primer/sealer to prevent the glue from reacting with the latex paint. It turns fuzzy and weird if not sealed, also it is easier than trying to scrub off the glue using chemicals.

Here is the bathroom full of steam from the hot water I blast on the walls during the removal process with a window here >

Old 02-06-2016, 05:08 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Sorry for making the screen so wide I tried re-sizing it .. did not work.

Hope everyone has a good day. Sun is out here.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:29 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hey all,Blacky,I'm actually in awe at how easy it is for you to taper off the klonopin,lexapro must be good for anxiety, hello to all and I hope we have an easy day😊
Old 02-06-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I think it is working or doing something.
I don't have any side effects that stand out.
I did feel a little dizzy one day, also now that I am not drinking
my anxiety is probably lower.

My day went well, except I should have had the widow
open for ventilation when I put the oil based primer on.
I was about done when I realized I needed to get out of the room.
I should have worn a respirator with that stuff.

The Lady is doing her same act as for the paint color.
She was going to have me get the paint but I said are
you sure you don't want to put a sample on the wall ?

She said yes I think I should. ha ha ..
Old 02-07-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Ok paint is chosen, except I have to go get it.

Wishing you all a good day, and uh .. I hope I get paid and done at this house for a while.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hey guys,
I think that's a great idea about sample painting, Blacky. I think I'll do that w/several different colors in our bathroom. We plan on drywalling our bath anyways, so samples on the current walls won't hurt anything.
I wonder if lexapro affects the same receptors in the brain as benzos? Or you may be 1 of the lucky people that have very little benzo withdrawals. My doctor told me there were people like that. I just happened not to be 1 of em lol. However, I don't regret those withdrawals one bit. The memories alone will keep me off benzos for the rest of my life.

I've been slacking on both my diet and workouts lately, so I'm starting fresh tomorrow. I'd start today, but my hubs & I are going to Applebees tonight to watch the Super Bowl. One of our daughters gave us a gift certificate to dine there.

Winslow and Patricia, I hope you guys are having a good wkend. Please remember that sobriety really does pay off in the end. Getting there is the hard part. I know everyone says 1 day at a time, but 1 day at a time didn't help me because I was sick & depressed everyday for a long time. So I told myself I would feel great in a year. I told myself that 1 yr wasn't so long in the gist of time & I imagined how great I would feel. But do whatever it takes because you guys will feel better before you know it.

Wkend (( Hugs ))
Old 02-07-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Job is done, got paid. Now for some coffee.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Smile

That was dead funny Blacky.

I am reducing Valium and now down to 2.5mg and happy with my progress. I would have loved for you to have steam painted a top hat on your smilie.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Please remember that sobriety really does pay off in the end. Getting there is the hard part.
Truth!

We pay the ultimate price to get here, but wow is it ever worth it.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

So after a long yesterday and feeling tired I decided it was a good time to stop taking the nightly half pill of klonopin I am down to. I got to sleep ok and slept well.

I did have or more weird dreams and wake up once but went back to sleep until 6:30, when I would get up anyway. So that worked out well.

We will see what happens over the next few days.

It's Monday ? .. seems like Saturday to me as I have no work scheduled.
Looks dreary outside but I feel good.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Wonderful news Blacky😊 I just don't know why I'm having it so rough? Maybe cuz I have been on klonipin for 9 years? Maybe cuz I drank daily on it? Maybe I'm more anxious, all these damn maybes are driving me crazy! I swear if I cut the teansiest piece off,it feels like I basically skipped doses after a few days,I get shaky,dizzy,anxious, sleeps a wreck,can't focus,etc,after my therapy session Friday I called and made an appointment with the real psychiatrist, she has a waiting list cuz she's only there a couple days a week so I go March 17,I thought a therapist would be enough but I guess not,hope everyone is well😊
Old 02-08-2016, 11:43 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Job is done, got paid. Now for some coffee.

Love it! Lol!
Old 02-08-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome artwork
Old 02-08-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

It's great to see you Steely!

Blacky, congrats on the end of your taper! So happy things are going smoothly for you!

Winslow, I think the difference in in Blacky's & your taper boils down to simple genetics. When Blacky told us how fast he was tapering, my 1st thought was...yikes, he's in for a world of hurt. But I didn't say anything because I didn't want to cause him to have anxiety psychosomatically.
I know it doesn't seem fair that you have to suffer these withdrawals, but sometimes I think we just have to suck it up & say I'm going to do whatever it takes to get healthy no matter what...mind over matter.
I'm glad you're going to see a psychiatrist, but some psychiatrists still think benzos are the answer to anxiety. I disagree ( as I'm sure you know by now lol. ) I think benzos cause a lot of damage to our brains. The psychiatrist I saw the 1st time I quit thought I would have to take klonopin for life. I didn't.

Are you eating healthy? Because Intro seems to be doing really well by changing his diet. I think there's a direct correlation between the body & the mind. I'm changing my diet today. I still get very anxious in the mornings sometimes & I believe it's because of all the processed sugar I've been eating. So I had a banana for breakfast and chicken for lunch today. I know I'm going to crave sugar a lot at 1st, but I also know that the longer I eat healthy, the less those cravings will be. I'm also starting my workouts again, after letting it go after I hurt my knee.

My dear Patricia, where are you?

Big (( Hugs )) to everyone!
Old 02-08-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Awesome artwork
Hi Wolfie! Always happy to see you!
Old 02-08-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

.. psychosomatic .. addict .. insane .. slap my b..

Oh um, hey.

On the klonopin, I was once was forced to go cold turkey after being sent to jail.
I knew I was going and had my meds with me to at least show the medical staff what I was on. Blood pressure, cholesterol, prilosec generic and the klonopin.
I had taken a few extra klonopin before I was taken away and booked. I eventually got to a cell block and went to sleep. I woke up wondering where I was smacked my head on the metal bunk over mine and thought .. oh sh-- I'm in jail.

Went back to sleep and repeated that a few times then probably some sweating and horrible feelings I just associated with being locked up. After about a week or so I was ok, maybe on edge but I thought that normal being around another 30 people.

I got no meds for two days and then only a high blood pressure med. Never got anything for anxiety for the months I was in there. I guess I should have stopped when I got out but they handed me back all the meds I had when I came into the jail. I started back on the klonopin. I was sober a year before I went to jail and for another year or so after.

So knowing how I felt going off it like that made my tapering something I thought would go pretty well, psychosomatic possibly in that regard.

Oh, and if you wonder why I went to jail .. a weasel of a guy borrowed a drill from me and despite me repeatedly asking for it back over two years (I think he sold it for crack) I got fed up and one night on the spur of the moment while drunk I went to his house and poured nasty pink oil base paint on the hood of his truck.

I paid restitution.

Things are much better sober. ha ha ..
Old 02-08-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Oh my, I didn't mean to put you on the defense Blacky. I was trying to convey to Winslow that some people fare better than others when tapering. And w/the psychosomatic thing, I just believe there's a mind/body connection & people can become sick by believing what someone tells them.
I've been to jail twice, so I'm no Angel lol. I got a drunk driving about 18yrs ago. The 2nd time was for a dog ticket ( no license. ) I was in the drunk tank the 1st night w/about 20 other gals...seriously overcrowding situation lol. I pleaded not guilty because I got the dog licensed, but the humane society never contacted the courts to let them know apparently. When I got back to the cell, all those girls were like "why didn't you plead guilty? You could have gone home today." Umm...thanks for the advice, but too late now. I had to dress in jail garb & was put in w/the girls doing real time ugh lol. I was being prescribed methadone, norco & klonopin at the time, but the guards only gave me my klonopin. 4 days later, the let me go when I posted bond. I think being in jail made my opiate withdrawals manageable because of that mind/body connection...I didn't have a choice, so it wasn't that bad, plus the klonopin helped me to sleep the whole time lol.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

I'm just joking around not on the defensive, ha ha .. sorry if it seems that way. Sometimes what we type can be taken wrong. I appreciate your support greatly.

Maybe I should of re-read what I type before posting .. the first part is lyrics from a song that started going through my head from Prodigy. I can't post the video because it is NSFW and shows a bunch of drinking and drugs and I think a guy pukes on himself.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

I only read the first part of your post when I replied ..

.. You went to jail for no dog license .. ah haha ha ha .. the things that happen to us ..

Yes knowing I went cold like that helped I think.