Notices

I'm living Benzo free

Old 01-15-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Hey all,my blues have passed so far😊 I think its hormones mostly but also just a January thing,decorated the house for valentines day yesterday, its early but I need something to look forward to,besides we went to Denny's two weeks ago and they had already put hearts up if they can,I can😊Patricia,check in hun,I was thinking about your supps,I used to take 5 htp regularly and it worked for a bit then it quit on me,maybe talk with your naturopath, Kzaug,I imagine your Ratt yoga was fun haha,I hope everyone has a nice Friday😊
Old 01-15-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

My mood is still low. I'm sure it's the January thing, it happens every year. I am forcing myself to clean up my bedroom, I really don't have energy and all I want to do is lay down and feel sorry for myself. But I am forcing myself to clean up for an hour, I hope it helps.
Old 01-15-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
So I'm curious. Can one yoga to Ratt ?
Lmbo...ttyt, I'm really not sure. I only did the 1st 30min of the dvd, which was 15min of upper body stretching & 15min of lower body stretching...in a chair haha! I'm taking it reeaal slow until I get in better shape ( I can pull a muscle by just turning around these days ...yikes lol. )

Winslow, I'm so happy you're in better spirits! I really think lack of sunshine is what brings me down. I'm seriously thinking about buying 1 of those beneficial sun lights.

Patricia, I sure miss you. How are things going? Sending you positive vibes & prayers.

(( Hugs )) to y'all!
Old 01-15-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
My mood is still low. I'm sure it's the January thing, it happens every year. I am forcing myself to clean up my bedroom, I really don't have energy and all I want to do is lay down and feel sorry for myself. But I am forcing myself to clean up for an hour, I hope it helps.
Hey hun, I completely get the January blues. I get em too! I'm thinking about going to the tanning salon until I can afford 1 of those lights. I've done it in the past & it really helps my moods. Have you ever tried this?
Old 01-15-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

I guess I need to stop beating myself up. I could have been 5 months sober but I slipped and then a full blown relapse. Then I beat myself up again and get depressed...I need to break this cycle...
Old 01-15-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

We're here for you Patricia. You can do this.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Patricia, we're here for you! I understand completely, I'd let my moods get me down and drink but then I'm dealing with detox and a worse mood! I'm thinking of tanning too,there's a nice tanning salon right across the street plus I always say"if you can't tone it,tan it" our bodies look better with some color,maybe you don't have a serotonin shortage?maybe that's why SSRIs don't work for you,research dopamine enhancement, supposed to be good for the no mojo feeling, I dunno,I just want us to be happy and healthy
Old 01-15-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

So I did 8min on the treadmill today. It's on an incline, so it's quite the challenge for me, but I'm pushing through. Also did the 30min stretching. I've decided that I'm not going to try the yoga part of the dvd until I'm more limber. I did, however, watch part of the yoga routine today & I can say I'm fairly certain I won't be listening to any of my hair band cds while doing yoga. The music will just make me want to break out dancing, which would definitely interfere with the yoga lol!

(( Hugs ))
Old 01-16-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Thank you Winslow. I am taking supplements for dopamine enhancement and lots of vitamins. I think my low mood started after my relapse. I was having a bad day, PMS, over tired after the holidays and I had a drink...and now I can't get rid of this low mood. I guess I need to be patient and let my body heal...again.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hi guys!
Patricia, try & not let your slip up get you down psychologically. You've recently quit both alcohol and benzos & that's a great accomplishment!

I hope everyone's wkend is going okay.

My daughter's & I went to go watch my niece compete in her state's cheerleading championship....and they won't! I'm so.proud of her. My sister, brother, sil, nephew, step mum & my other niece went too. I had a great day.

(( Hugs )) to everyone!
Old 01-17-2016, 03:27 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

I hope nobody minds, but I'm going to use this thread to track my exercising regime to help keep me honest & motivated.
I didn't workout yesterday because I was gone, but I still got plenty of exercise trying to keep up with my daughters lol. My oldest daughter is 5'11" w/legs up to her neck & my youngest is 5'4", but walks just as fast as my oldest lol.
Today, I popped in Bad Company & did 9 mins on the treadmill & my 30 min stretch out. I can already tell the difference in my flexibility...starting to get excited about my workouts! In my younger days, I could sit w/my legs outstretched in front of me & lay completely flat w/my stomach on my legs & my arms stretched out so far that my elbows reached my feet. Wonder if I could ever do that again lol.

(( Hugs ))
Old 01-17-2016, 04:59 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

I have GAD and am possibly Bi-Polar.

I am tapering off klonopin and on to Lexapro under the direction of a PA. I have never really noticed a high from klon. but I have noticed the effect of missing a dose.

I was taking 3 1mg pills a day, now down to 2 with a 5mg of the Lex.

So I am trying to find the best time to take the lexapro, night or morning.
I have seemed to be able to sleep a bit better but I have just begun this 12 days or so ago. I sometimes feel wound up, other times drowsy.

I have my next med. appt. Tue. so I will ask some questions then as well.
So I guess every two weeks I am seeing the Dr. while in transition.
Old 01-17-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hi Blacky, I have no experience w/Lexapro, but I'd like to welcome you to Sober Recovery!
Old 01-18-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Hey all,Kzaug I think this is a good place to track your workouts😊welcome Blacky,sounds like you're tapering off the klonopin pretty well,I've never noticed a "high" from it either,just a no anxiety feeling, I've read lexapro is good for anxiety glad its helping you,Patricia, how was your weekend? I was so sleepy all weekend long,dunno why,hope we all have a great Monday😊
Old 01-18-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

I'm struggling Winslow. But I'll keep trying.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I wish I had some enlightened, magical advice for you guys...that would help you to skip the "I feel like crap" stage. But, unfortunately there's just a certain amount of fighting & pushing through that everyone has to go through.

But I can tell you that that living a clean & sober life is so rewarding, it's hard to express w/mire words. I just feel very blessed to have been given the chance to do so. I didn't even quit for the right reasons ( at 1st ) & I don't even know if there was a precise moment when I thought "I'm done." My recovery seemed to happen in stages...like "I'm going to quit heroin, but go on suboxine & I'm not sure about klonopin yet...methadone too...???" When I went to rehab in 2014, 1/2 the people thought I should stay on my prescribed meds for pain & anxiety...& the other 1/2 thought I should quit everything...and just about everyone pushed suboxine. Between the 5th and 6th Mo. I started feeling better from the benzo withdrawals & thought "I don't need this suboxine anymore." So I quit that next ( had no idea at the time that I was in for another 2 mo's of withdrawals ugh lol. )

During the 1st mos of my benzo & subs withdrawals, I could barely walk 10ft. I was so weak & it felt like my legs weighed 1000lbs. And I heard what sounded like crickets in my head for mos on end ( thought I was going nuts. ) But now, nearly 17mo's later, I'm working out for 40 mins/day...and crickets are long gone! Ty God!

I know that 17mo's probably feels like an eternity away for you guys, but, for me it seems like just yesterday that I was getting home from rehab.

You guys can do this! Stay the course, push through & continue coming to SR ( extremely important if you don't go to AA, NA or Rational Recovery like me. ) 17mo's ago, both my hubs & I were heroin addicts..I was also a benzo addict. We are both staying clean & we are happy. You guys are doing great ( even if it doesn't feel like it. ) Keep up the fantastic job you're doing.

I made it 10 mins on the treadmill today, rocking out to 3 Doors Down. I'm trying to add 1 or 2 mins/day on the treadmill....so far, so good. Plus 30 min of intensive upper & lower body stretching! I'm feeling pretty good about getting in shape.

(( Hugs ))
Old 01-18-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

It's ok to slip and start again kzaug?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:06 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Of course, Patricia. You're only human hun. You just need to learn in believe in yourself, like I believe in you...because you can get clean and sober. You're in a tough spot, in a marriage that you're uncertain of. If your husband ever puts you down...don't believe it. You're a sweet wonderful woman!
Humongous ((( Hugs )))
Old 01-18-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Thank you kzaug ((hugs))
Old 01-18-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  

((((Patricia))) Kzaug is right! It's okay to start over! While catching up on your thread , I noticed what a sweet intelligent person you are Patricia! Do the best you can. You will get there!

Hi Kzaug. Sorry it took me a long time to get back here. I've been having lots of anxiety lately too! I've been off Xanax and other Benzos for two plus years. Mindfulness helps me a lot with panic attacks, but when I feel under tthe weather, it seems to heighten my anxiety and it's becomes hard to manage it! it's how I'm feeling right now!!

Oh and I was prescribed lexipro for my anxiety/depression many years ago. Remained on it for 5 years. I took mine in the morning, but didn't really notice it affected me in any way? Just helped manage my depression/anxiety. Ended up switching to Celexa because my insurance changed and refused to pay for it. That worked equally well.