Notices

I'm living Benzo free

Old 02-11-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 521 (permalink)  

Hi guys n gals,
Blacky, I've gone cold turkey w/quite a lot of different drugs in my life, but Klonopin is the only 1 that I thought I had become brain damaged from ( at 1st. ) Thankfully, all was well lol. You'll be okay and you're doing great w/your recovery...you've got a doc, you have f2f group and online support.
I think we have the same climate...about to be ultra cold here too ( & it's been sunny the last few days. )

Clean, I agree...it seems to me that worrying is the basis to anxiety. There are no positive, redeeming qualities about worrying. It can't ever change a situation and it's harmful both physically & mentally to people. I come from a long line of worry worts, so it took awhile to change from "flipping out every time my hubs had a sniffle" to "I have no control of when he passes, worrying will do no good, let it go, stay positive." I've also become a lot more spiritual in this regard, trusting God w/all the things I have no control over.

Shining, it's great to see you!

The hubs needs to use my phone....tbc...
Old 02-11-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 522 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you & your daughter have been sick, but I'm glad you're starting to feel better.
Yea, I think it's important to address your issues, otherwise they'll can come back to haunt you. I think it's equally important on "how" you address them...like the saying goes "cool, calm & collected."

Winslow, you're doing great too. It's easy sometimes to forget that a lot of us have quit other addictions other than benzos. So I think we should acknowledge and praise those accomplishments. How many mo's do you have under your belt now?

I'm doing pretty well w/the sugar thing. I've managed to stay away from candy, chocolate, ice cream, cookies, etc... I did have toast w/peanut butter and blueberry preserves yesterday & today though. Does that count as fruit? Lol! I'm the same way you are about dieting Clean. I just cut down on my portions and frequency...and I don't think I've ever owned a scale my entire adult life. I overcame my very 1st addiction at the ripe ol age of 17. I struggled w/an eating disorder for 2 yrs during high school. I alternated from binging/purging 1wk to starving the next wk. I saw a psychiatrist, but they didn't have much info about eating disorders in the 80's. So, I finally just admitted myself to the hospital. I did get better, but I was pretty conscientious about my weight my entire life...until 1 1/2yrs ago. It was a control issue, which I've been seriously working on. I think the reason I've never owned a scale is because I know I could easily start obsessing about my weight. So....no scale = no obsessing. This may sound strange, but it works for me. Okay, Therapy 101...class dismissed lol.

Patricia, thinking of you hun.

Wolfie, have a wonderful day! You too, Astro! And everyone else!

(( Hugs ))
Old 02-12-2016, 04:21 AM
  # 523 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
I did have toast w/peanut butter and blueberry preserves yesterday & today though. Does that count as fruit?
Absolutely, without a doubt!
Old 02-12-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 524 (permalink)  

Good morning.

So I went back to the beginning of the thread and read through 5 pages, that was enough for now ..

day 5 off klonopin for me .. I guess I am the hardheaded don't ask for directions sort .. ha ha .. but I am glad for the support here. As you said Ksaug, the withdrawal might be a bit more than I expected and it was good not to talk it up too much.

After reading the 5 pages things evened out in the aspect that things would be ok and that all people are different in what happens but it is definitely worth getting off the benzo. So while it crossed my mind to take just a bit .. I won't.

I'm still on edge but will adjust and also breath deeply .. ha ..

I noticed another thing, my sense of smell is heightened or was suppressed on klonopin. I notice the smell of things outside and on the road and going into places. I was in my raggedy truck thinking .. Oh jeez now what is going wrong, is something burning up on the engine .. nah the truck always smelled like it was about to burn up. The cat scratching in the litter box always activated the smell of cat litter ..

I suspect hearing and vision are also affected by klonopin. Colors and sounds might become sharper, or brighter and more clear.

This temporary heightened anxiety and general brain fog is worth going through to get to the other side. I thought that klonopin was not doing that much .. I mean I never had a buzz off of it .. but I guess over time I was anesthetized ..

Have as good a day as possible folks.
Old 02-12-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 525 (permalink)  

Blacky,I noticed when I did a quick taper(not off just down) that the world looked brighter too,how weirdthat this drug we think is just for nerves affects our whole body,Kzaug,I have nearly 4 mos off al but I still feel vulnerable to it,I know I won't drink but it still calls out to me sometimes😡 just wanted to say that you really are a sweetheart cuz you've got your own problems going on with your health yet still care about how others are doing,thank you😊 Patricia, yoo-hoo,we'd love to hear from you, its going to be 75 here today,allergies here we come! Hope everyone has a fab Friday😊
Old 02-12-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 526 (permalink)  

I'm falling apart. I'm drinking and taking benzos. I want to stop but the panic is too much to bear. I need help.
Old 02-12-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 527 (permalink)  
Do your best

Were here Patricia drinking isn't going to solve anything can you make yourself a glass of water or coffee ?
Old 02-12-2016, 01:24 PM
  # 528 (permalink)  

How do I stop the panic Wolf?
Old 02-12-2016, 01:59 PM
  # 529 (permalink)  

Definitely stop the drinking Patricia, that only adds fuel to the anxiety fire,what happened sweetie? I know its hard,big hugs love
Old 02-12-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 530 (permalink)  

My father in law died. We are in financial trouble. I am in panic. I can't stop the panic.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 531 (permalink)  

Okay, Patricia, please ask yourself "what's the probable outcome?" Or "can anyone get physically hurt?"
Old 02-12-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 532 (permalink)  

What I'm trying to tell you is you're freaking yourself out & you need to calm down & tell yourself that everything will be okay. Even if you don't believe it...you need to dump the alcohol out & start breathing deeply to try n get a grip. Tell yourself everything will eventually be okay...over & over again.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 533 (permalink)  
Do your best

Try this Patricia if things get worse pls go to ER ok x

Deep Breathing Instructions for Calming Panic

A breathing exercise that calms panic attacks.

3 Anxiety Breathing Techniques You Can Practice*Anywhere - Self help for anxiety - Anxiety Slayer
Old 02-12-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 534 (permalink)  

Alcohol will only make your anxiety 100 times worse hun. Pour it out, please.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 535 (permalink)  

Those are great link SW posted...check em out
Old 02-12-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 536 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
What I'm trying to tell you is you're freaking yourself out & you need to calm down & tell yourself that everything will be okay. Even if you don't believe it...you need to dump the alcohol out & start breathing deeply to try n get a grip. Tell yourself everything will eventually be okay...over & over again.
I am in panic kzaug. Everything is falling apart. I am terrified. My husband found out that I was drinking and yet I can't stop drinking. The waves of panic are awful I can't sleep. I sleep for one hour and then I wake up in total panic. I don't believe that everything will be ok. Everything is falling apart. I want to run away and ask my dad to take care of me, But he's 81! I can't do that to him. I don't have the confidence to believe that I can take care of myself. My husband keeps telling em that I'm not good enough but he demands that I get myself together. He found out that I was drinking last night and got livid. He told me to get myself together. I can't! I don't believe in myself! I am scared kzaug. He's gonna come home tonight and find out that I've been drinking again. But I can't stop! I can't deal with life sober. Maybe I can. I did it before. I just lost my confidence. I need to stop drinking and taking benzos, but how?? kzaug I bought a bottle in case I have cravings in the morning and I'm drinking it right now. What do I do in the morning when I wake up covered in sweat and in panic! I don't know what to do!
Old 02-12-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 537 (permalink)  

I can't leave him. Where do I go? To my 81 year old dad? I can't do that to him?
I need to stop drinking but I don't know how?
I know that after a few days of sobriety I will feel better, but right now I can't function!
My boy needs me!
I need to calm down and I don't know how!
Old 02-12-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 538 (permalink)  

My husband keeps telling me that he needs a partner and not another child.
But how do I do that?
How do I stay strong?
How do I stop drinking and taking benzos?
How do I trust life again?
I am so scared!
Old 02-12-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 539 (permalink)  

Okay...I think you should go to the hospital, tell them what's going on ( be truthful. ) The doctors at the hospital will know what to do & will help you. Do you have a way to get to the hospital hun?
Old 02-12-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 540 (permalink)  

My husband is going to freak out if I go to the hospital for drinking.
I can't drive right now.
I don't think that's going to help.
What if I lose custody of my child?
I can't do that.