Do your best

Hiya Sleepie xx
Old 07-29-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

I am an egg monster.
hee hee!
Old 07-29-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Hi SW how are you today? Is it balmy where you are?
Old 07-29-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by fripfrop View Post
zjw, I don't know the American measurements for cholestarol, but mine was 7.3 in England measures and it should be under 5.
I know theres a type of high cholestarol that the liver makes, and that runs in our family. I just don't trust the doctors, it hasn't even been proved that high cholestarol causes blocked arteries, new research shows it might be inflammtion of the arteries that traps any cholestarol in the blood.
My mothers was high, 8.2, but 4.7 of that was "good" cholestarol, and they put her on statins and brought the good kind down too!

You have had amazing results through diet..I must admit, I don't eat much red meat, but I am an egg monster...my daughter calls me the lizard because I eat so many eggs, I cant eat anything I like haha
HAHA egg monster yeah well this vegan has 12 chickens lol so I had quite the egg habit going too now i just give most away tho lol I use there poo to grow great veggies instead.

yeah i'm not sure the conversion and I agree the research is sketchy what they consider high these days isnt what was considered high before. I've heard speculation they kinda raised the bar just to sell more lipitor and such but who knows. In my case 366 was pretty bad no matter how i slice it if i was 225 or something I woulda been less worried.

regardless yeah theres a lot of conflicting info out there on cholesterol it can be hard to make sense of it.

My grand father was on lipitor and such and he's a physician stated he prefers to take it so he can eat more of what he wants less then a year after saying this to me he had to get another stint put in so ...

heart disease is no joke but sounds like you eat a lot of good high fiber foods and such too.

i was naughter i was barely eating veggies and such at the time too top it all off i was basicly on a meat and egg diet not the healthiest but dang effective for weight loss lol.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:01 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Where I live, it's usually somewhere in the mid-90's every day. Humidity you could cut with a knife. Sometimes, I complain how much I don't want to leave my AC apartment to deal with anything. Anyway, sometimes when I'm driving somewhere, I see this homeless guy pushing this shopping cart full of stuff and wonder how he deals with it. Sometimes I wonder where he is coming from and where he is going to, but on days like this, how he even manages to be out there day after day in this heat and humidity. There but for the grace of God. John
Old 07-30-2016, 12:10 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
HAHA egg monster yeah well this vegan has 12 chickens lol so I had quite the egg habit going too now i just give most away tho lol I use there poo to grow great veggies instead.

yeah i'm not sure the conversion and I agree the research is sketchy what they consider high these days isnt what was considered high before. I've heard speculation they kinda raised the bar just to sell more lipitor and such but who knows. In my case 366 was pretty bad no matter how i slice it if i was 225 or something I woulda been less worried.

regardless yeah theres a lot of conflicting info out there on cholesterol it can be hard to make sense of it.

My grand father was on lipitor and such and he's a physician stated he prefers to take it so he can eat more of what he wants less then a year after saying this to me he had to get another stint put in so ...

heart disease is no joke but sounds like you eat a lot of good high fiber foods and such too.

i was naughter i was barely eating veggies and such at the time too top it all off i was basicly on a meat and egg diet not the healthiest but dang effective for weight loss lol.
I only started a few weeks ago, my was terrible zjw! You seem to have adapted brilliantly!

Sleepie, I found articles that connected refined sugar with depression, it interferes with some brain hormone. And how it is connected with anxiety is that high sugar intake, can cause symptoms similar to an anxiety attack. So when people feel this, they think an anxiety attack is coming on, get anxious about it, and start one off.
As far as I can gather anyway!
Old 07-30-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah frip sugar for me sometimes can cause a rush that is simlier to anxiety one might get with excessive caffine.

in terms of diet and how it affects one with depression and anxiety and various other ailments its basicly why i went down the diet road. I hit a point in sobriety where it was like welp i still feel like crap maybe i should try and fix my diet and see if that does me any good etc... its helped but nothings ever perfect it seems.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yesterday was a humid but overcast day bit of rain bit muggy today is roughly the same except there is some blue sky & more than a few white clouds both windows are wide open & I'm in 3/4 long summer shorts things
Old 07-31-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Tomorrow I thought I'd give a whole foods diet another try. It has been so much cooler these last two days I have actually been feeling much better, I went out yesterday and I'm going out today too. And even getting some other things done.

I can't believe the levels to which the heat and humidity increase anxiety for me. Can't cope with feeling trapped indoors and humidity making it difficult to breathe.
Old 07-31-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's been much cooler here too the past couple of days. The warm weather is supposed to creep back in again the next few days, but hopefully nothing like it was last week.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Yes we are expected to be back in the 100's w heat index. I hope we are out of the water after August!
Old 07-31-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Woohoo going out now, I can look back on it when I am sad later this week.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hoping all is well sleepie.
Thinking of you,
Old 07-31-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Been thinking of you lots too sleepie.
It has been a really hard summer for me.
I hope you are doing well.
I plan on sticking around more
Def need to be here.
Stay well and cool my friend
Old 07-31-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Had a good day. Did not want a benzo at all even though lately I have been wishing that I could. Even slept 8 hours last night as it was cooler. Not consecutively, but still ok.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

My wife and I are going to Key West on Friday for a week.

We walk on the shady side of the street and spend a lot of time (and a little money) in galleries.

I can usually even muster a 4 mile run (on the shady side of the street).

I will wear shorts, tank tops, and flip-flops or sandals.

And a cool hat to keep the sun out of my eyes.

Key West has great AA meetings, so I will spend a fair amount of time in them.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
orangutan

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Hey guys. Had a good day. Did not want a benzo at all even though lately I have been wishing that I could. Even slept 8 hours last night as it was cooler. Not consecutively, but still ok.
Glad your getting some sleep, it makes all the difference.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Yeah, tonight should be the last of it, hot again tomorrow. So... No that whole foods thing didn't happen today, maybe tomorrow...
Old 08-01-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by SoberCAH View Post
My wife and I are going to Key West on Friday for a week.

We walk on the shady side of the street and spend a lot of time (and a little money) in galleries.

I can usually even muster a 4 mile run (on the shady side of the street).

I will wear shorts, tank tops, and flip-flops or sandals.

And a cool hat to keep the sun out of my eyes.

Key West has great AA meetings, so I will spend a fair amount of time in them.
brownie points for staying sober in key west. That place always made me wanna drink! ITs a nice place I dunno what it would be like to be sober there. when I was a kid i was sober there tho i stole beers from my old man later that evening.

Sounds like a fun time tho.