Notices

Sleepie's Summer Support Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 10:46 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Ill again from the heat and it wasn't even that bad out

Dizzy for half the day.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:57 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Ah sorry the heat is affecting you so badly Sleepie. Pity you couldn't move over here where I am..we are lucky to get 3 days a year where it is anywhere near warm, nevermind hot x
Old 08-05-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

I would love to be somewhere grey and calming. I was disappointed today as I had made myself go for a long and vigorous walk, but ended up feeling bad all day and extra sensitive to the heat. I'm just so tired of feeling tired and dizzy and sick for weeks and weeks every summer.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

It must be horrible Sleepie.
I know I suffer with the cold in the winter really badly here, that makes me feel ill too. (Mainly because I lived in old horrible buildings and can't afford to use the heating!)
But it is incapacitating when the temp extremes affect you badly.
Hope it gets cooler for you soon
Old 08-06-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Much cooler and drier air is finally here! Will hopefully get some walking in this weekend.

Hope you feel better today, Sleepie!
Old 08-06-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
~sb

My doctor put me on a once a week pill for vitamin D (mine was low and I also avoid outside during the high heat and humidity even though I get outside with the preschoolers for 20 minutes twice or more a day at work).

Have you asked your doctor to check your vitamin levels? Since I started this about 3 weeks ago, I noticed I have more "umph" to daily life.....and my thinking is a bit improved (memory and happiness, believe it or not!).
Old 08-06-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

I do have a vitamin D pill that I take when I think of it. Maybe I'll try and be more consistent with it. There are a couple supplements I try and take, magnesium being one of them, I always forget when I start adding up to about 3 or more pills a day.

It's going to be a long day at a party for someone, everyone drinking. I don't have desire for alcohol it just gets boring that I can't join in and enjoy and have fun
It gets boring after awhile and I do feel like a boring person too
Old 08-07-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your not boring x
Old 08-07-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
zjw

i'll take vitamin d whenever i start to get down in the dumps. I question why i should ever need it since i'm outside a lot running and such but then i cant deny the fact that it tends to help so what do i know.

move to maine? or washington state? i always hear both of those areas have gloomy cloudy rainy weather. Tho i think both can get hot.

where i live it never gets too bad tho yest for the first day this year I purposely ran on the treadmill to avoid the humidity and such lol. I was just in no mood for it!!
Old 08-07-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

This seems to help me.
Check it out.

What Is Ashwagandha? | The Chopra Center
Old 08-08-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It was actually nice, cool sleeping weather last night. However, it looks like more heat and humidity for most of the rest of this week. October can't get here soon enough!
Old 08-08-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Jumping jacks might make you go blind? Give me a break. I've read your post for several years and it is clear your not as fragil as you make yourself out to be. Your a classic example of if nothing changes, nothing changes thing. The weathers too hot. Really? There are millions of people that would give their right arm to be in your position. You don't have to work. You have a roof over your head, food on the table, can sleep in whenever you want. You don't do AA because their wierd, you don't see a therapist because they don't validate you, and you don't exercise because it's too hot. Frankly, your life can't be too bad if your not willing to change anything. Your life seems to revolve around drama, and drama can be addictive. Most people here on SR have gotten to a point where their lives are so bad, they are willing to do anything to make things better. Your life can't be that bad since the only thing you are willing to do is complain. Sure, new people on SR that don't know your history will sympathize with your plight, but if they took the time to go back and check out your history, they would come up with the same conclusion I and many others have that used to try to help you. You are just not interested in making any changes in your life, perhaps because you are fine with the way things are even though you constantly complain about them. Maybe it's because fear is keeping you from moving forward. My guess is that a year from now, your posts will sound pretty much the same. Same complaints and no changes, just more excuses to do nothing. I hope some day, you will read over the advise from many people over the years and use their advice to make your life better. If not, then maybe your situation isn't all that bad. I would love to have someone pay my bills, take care of my needs, etc. Maybe your ok with that. John
Old 08-08-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Crikey!
That post is helpful! NOT
Who are you to judge?
The biggest obstacles, are the internal ones, not the external.
You seem to be something of a psychology expert, a mind reader and a fortune teller..all rolled up in one!
If you don't like what someone is writing on a thread..don't read it.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:30 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fripfrop View Post
Crikey!
That post is helpful! NOT
Who are you to judge?
The biggest obstacles, are the internal ones, not the external.
You seem to be something of a psychology expert, a mind reader and a fortune teller..all rolled up in one!
If you don't like what someone is writing on a thread..don't read it.
Take some time to read post from Sleepie for the past four years. Don't need to be a psychologist or a fortune teller to see what's up. Her posts speak for themselves. Not trying to put Sleepie down. She definitely has issues to work on. Nobody come on a website and goes on and on about how miserable their lives are. I really feel for Sleepie. Something's definitely wrong with her life, but I challenge you to find something in Sleepie's posts that shows that she took someone's advice and went with it. It's just not there. She has gotten more advise than anybody I know since being a member on SR, but has done nothing with it. A short book could be written on all the advise she has gotten. I wish Sleepie well and maybe some day someone will come up with the golden answer to her concerns, but it hasn't happened yet. Wait a year and you will see what I mean. Nothing against Sleepie. She just doesn't see a reason to change anything. John
Old 08-08-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

So what?
If it helps Sleepie to write here, let her be. People give their advice freely, they are not forced to they chose to.
Not trying to put her down? You are doing a very good impression of someone who is, in your first post.
I have read Sleepie for years, before I joined.
She is fighting internal problems you are not fighting.
Why do you think a post like the first one is helpful? It sounds attacking, even to me and it's not even directed at me.
If you are getting frustrated, why do you read?
You cannot force people into things. You would have done things differently.
People must respect other peoples different worldview, mindview, everything view.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Anyway, it's not my place to butt into other peoples thread and join in with the drama YOU are creating here
I'm off, I just felt I had to say something in reply to a post I found to be highly judgemental.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Look, it's pretty obvious that recommending therapy, counseling, AA or other organizations or exercising doesn't work for Sleepie. She has a reason why these don't work. Fine. I get that. Then my question is what's left? What is she willing to do? What works for her? Sure, venting on SR has it's place, but what then? Venting helps but doesn't move you forward. What does a person do after venting? Venting might give you temporary relief, but doesn't do anything about the problem. John
Old 08-08-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fripfrop View Post
So what?
If it helps Sleepie to write here, let her be. People give their advice freely, they are not forced to they chose to.
Not trying to put her down? You are doing a very good impression of someone who is, in your first post.
I have read Sleepie for years, before I joined.
She is fighting internal problems you are not fighting.
Why do you think a post like the first one is helpful? It sounds attacking, even to me and it's not even directed at me.
If you are getting frustrated, why do you read?
You cannot force people into things. You would have done things differently.
People must respect other peoples different worldview, mindview, everything view.
I am not putting Sleepie down. She clearly has problems and I hope she keeps posting. Your right, she is dealing with problems I am not dealing with, but it's clear she has a pretty good deal with a roof over her head and food on the table. I agree that's not everything and the emotional support might not be there, but it's a start. I am talking not from priveledge but from a disadvantaged situation.
What I think Sleepie want is people wanting people to feel sorry for her and she gets a lot of that. What she really need to is for people to tell her is that she is wasting her life, sitting around and doing nothing about it. No, I am nobody to judge her, but it's clear based on her years of posts that she has no intentions of changing anything. The sad thing is that might lind her in a hospital and that worries me about her. These are not judgements, just facts. I almost died living her life. People feeling sorry for me almost killed me. John
Old 08-08-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

I personally think John means well. And I do understand his viewpoint.

It can be very frustrating to watch others, who are obviously cared for by many here, flounder around seemingly helplessly so, and take very little consideration of the wisdom and advice given to them.

I see your point, too, Frip.

I have watched both Sleepie's posts and John's posts, and I believe John meant well.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Guys let's settle down, Frip it's ok but I do appreciate you speaking your mind this is "old hat" on my threads, there are a few folks here who are simply not fans.

I try and focus on what is helpful to me here.