Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XVIII: "New Year, New Moo!"

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XVIII: "New Year, New Moo!"

Old 02-16-2016, 07:44 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

I loved that post CAL. I have a fond memory of sitting in a window feeling the warm summer sun on my face. I was probably 4 at the time and was eating the lead paint that flaked off the rotting sill. I'm fine!
Old 02-16-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Jesus God, Sleepies. No matter how freaking negative I is, you just comes in and total steals my Negativity Thunder! Is like when Michael Jackson die couple few hours after Farrah Fawcett and total steals her Death Thunder.

How you going silentrun? I guess I has one good memory like that from childhood. I got run over by raft at beach and was total scrape up and almost drown. Lifeguards save me and spray stingy crap on my cuts and then I sit alone in pain on sand and get really bad sunburn while waiting for rest of family to finish they fun day. When we final get home, I collapse next to my mama in front of box fan in living room. I feel safe to be next to her with soothing hum of fan and breeze feel so good on raw and burning skin. To this day, I sleep every night, including winter when heat is on, with big loud box fan blow on me.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:25 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Sleepie is the Negative Champion, let no one dare to try to steal her Throne of Bitterness! However, I hear ice cream is in the making and if the right brand is to be found, it may just be the secret antidote! As Willie Wonka once famously said, "The suspense is delicious."

I like the fan story, Cow. Very comforting. I sleep with a fan on as well.

That reminds me of when I used to deliberately fall asleep on the floor in front of the tv when my dad was watching the football game. He was a pretty distant guy and kinda scared me, but that always felt cozy. Or something.

I find myself in possession of an unseemly amount of half-priced Valentine's Day candy. Any person in her right mind would dispose of it quickly by sharing with friends and strangers alike. Not me! I'm going to hoard it like I'm 12 again and will enjoy the fact that it's all paid for, unlike the fund-raising candy I that disappeared at an amazing rate and then needed to be subsidized by my paper route earnings. No one has ever convinced me that I'm in my right mind, and I'm starting to live with that.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:44 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Willie Wonka (as portray by incomparable Gene Wilder):
The suspense is terrible ...I hope it will last.
Never doubt what nobody is really sure of.
So shines a good deed in a dreary world.
and, my favorite:
Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy - "I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained," et cetera, et cetera... "Fax mentis, incendium gloria cultum," et cetera, et cetera... "Memo bis punitor delicatum!" It's all there! Black and white, clear as crystal! You STOLE Fizzy-Lifting Drinks! You BUMPED into the ceiling, which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get... NOTHING!!! You lose! GOOD DAY, SIR!
I likes to shout that at friends randomly when they disagrees with me about some trivial thing. It always make for laughs.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:51 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Oh that's my favorite, too!
It scared me silly the first time I saw the movie. I still get a thrill out of that speech.

I'm not sure if the vermicious knids scared me more, but I think they did. Such slimey things. With no redeeming value whatsoever that I can recall. But I still like saying "vermicious knids," though perhaps only my sisters know what in the world I'm talking about.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

I made do with tortillas and chorizo.

btw don't ever look closely at chorizo if you want to keep liking it.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:01 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Sorry about that Cow! And I may smoke another ciggie.

Shoot.

I didn't mean to steal your thunder. But I don' think either of us is being negative, I mean jeez it's called life, things happen and if you don't throw glitter on it that doesn't mean you are being negative. You're just saying it like it is.

This is a good mood compared to this morning. I was ready to get a cheap hotel and hole up for awhile.

Old 02-16-2016, 09:27 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Sleepies, I making fun.

I think we both realistic, but definite negative at time. I mean, Sleepies, c'mon, how many thread has you write about how you sooooo ugly and disappointed with sobriety and you boyfriend suck and you job unbearable and you think you dumb and you doom cuz of you dysfunctional brain ...and couple post later you boyfriend really sweet and you get compliment at job and you not moving out and just happy to has a grill cheese and farts on somebody.

We both heart on sleeve honest "stream of consciousness" types. Which probable give everybody whiplash. I think is total okay to be honest in this way, but at same time, we not can take our selfs too seriously, yes?

PS. You not ever needs to apologize to me. I really does understands you, okay?
Old 02-16-2016, 09:35 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

That's a good way to put it, stream of consciousness heart on sleeve.

Well every now and then I try and say something "positive" so I just say Yay, grilled cheese and bf is sweet or whatever. Yes I do like to fart on someone on occasion that is true happiness I will admit every time.

Try it Cow. Just once.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:40 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I a freaking cow, you not think I farting my ass off! ...However, must be said, my fart smell like roses.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:43 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

I had a good couple weeks though Cow, I was feeling ok and not cringing at the mirror. I was kinda just fine. Mostly on account of some things I read. I was Sparkle Sleepie for a little while but really it may have been Delusional Sleepie.

What about Sparkle Cow?
Old 02-16-2016, 09:45 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

That's right, I saw a documentary once on Netflix blamin' all the flatulent cattle for the ozone hole. I think. I am pretty sure that was it. It sounds weird now but I'm pretty sure. So hold it in Cow. For the planet. Leave it to me.
Old 02-16-2016, 09:47 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Yes, grossing people out with stinky farts will bring a smile to the face even during the darkest moods. My personal favourite....dropping one in a shop with Mr TS and then taking off quickly before he smells it so everyone thinks he did it. See, I'm laughing now as I write this. Soooooooo funny :-)

Gene Wilder. Omg...I loved that movie. Do you think he was entirely human? Or part angel or something?
Old 02-16-2016, 10:17 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Gene Wilder magical, Shabs. And so pure of heart if you ever see interview of him.

Sleepies, cows is really only farty cuz humans force feeds them unnatural diet for to make them super fat quick so they can be slaughter.

I think SparkleSleepies and SparkleCow is rare moments of good brain chemistries, and we has to enjoy these moments to best of our abilities, and plus also realize that when things is feeling doom, dark and hopeless that is likely we in state of bad brain chemistries and we just has to endure these to best of our abilities. At least we know, maybe, at some point, is possible we sparkle again.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:17 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

HAHA!

Good one Shab. I am so gonna steal that. Ah yes, the simple things. I dropped one on a toddler. He was being obnoxious and kept crashing into my office and he had one of those moms who thought he was just so adorable while he was being an out of control brat. Well he came about butt high. It happened.

Sounds horrible... what this job does to me...
Old 02-16-2016, 11:10 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Gene Wilder I've met a few times around down. The first time we met, I told him how much I loved "The World's Greatest Lover" and how I got I trouble because of it. My brother and I saw the movie together. The bit he does when nervous, the sticking out of the tongue, slayed us both. So we incorporated into our own silliness. Once, my stepfather was ranting around, being his usual jack donkey self. Brother was behind stepdad so he stuck his tongue out, I burst into laughter and nearly got killed. Jack donkey thought I was laughing at him. Flew into a huge rage. I still could not stop laughing. Yeah, that's how we sibs rolled.

Anyway, Mr Wilder was so sweet. Said no one else ever said they loved that movie. I think he has a very special heart. He continued on fundraising for the Wellness Center here in town after Gilda passed over.

((((Cow))). Do you remember a Kurt Vonnegut quote? "we were put here to fart around, nothing more. And don't let anyone tell you different." It's a code worthy of adopting, I think.

Love from Lenina

PS. Re the star report, I haven't been keeping up but from a quick glance it seems Saturn and Jupiter are square. Usually that means good and bad. Struggle and ultimately win. So maybe this is auspicious for Cow and those of us struggling with BS.
Old 02-16-2016, 11:27 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I total agree with Kurt quote, Lenina. Problem is, humans has become so denatured and technology codependent that they spend every waking moment on they iPhone, or in cubicle, or scrubbing and purfuming they bodies from any animal smell.
Old 02-17-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Yes, I have seen him interviewed, Cow, and I was stunned by his purity of heart also. Other worldly. Really astonishing. Like Robin Williams but without the cynicism. Huge big, loving hearts, both of them. I thought Depp sucked as Willy Wonka. Sorry to any Depp fans out there, but once Gene Wilder had played the part the film character was established for good, imro (in my right opinion)
Old 02-17-2016, 01:38 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

TS, I don't think Robin Williams was cynical. I think he was very sweet, he really did look for the good in the world and skewered it kindly. Both were other worldly, though, Mr Wilder had an innocence about him, he seemed so genuinely touched that I loved his movie. As if in wonder. As if he'd never encountered a fan!

I think Robin had to cope. He was very kind, but nobodies fool. I think he sought to diminish evil with his observations. You know, laugh hard enough and evil limps away, defeated. He might have been manic, all the work he did, so much behind the scenes, without fanfare or notice. The world is an emptier place without him.

Cow, I think maybe you've helped me realize something, we are all too tightly wrapped. We've lost touch with the basics and perhaps put too little stock in nature. Graze a bit, chew the cud, fart around. Could be the New World Order.
The Tao of Cow.

Love from Lenina
Old 02-17-2016, 02:04 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Turtle, you not want to trade me for the menopause sleep. They is literal NO temperature at which I comfortable. I has wafer thin bamboo silk sheet and even that have to be throw on and off like thousand of time each night because feel like difference between burn up and freezing.

...having say that, I guess I can be grateful I not has to pee every hour.

I remembers before my OD I use to sleep deeper and wake up like luxurious stretchy cat all languid and satisfy. Good times.

What going with you, Trach?

Hi Sleepies. I know you in bad place, and wishes I could help you.
Something you may have tried before: don't cover your feet. When I can't get temp comfy I stick my feet out from under the covers. Learned that one camping.

Same old, same old with me. Trying to find better employment, long and short term. Wondering what I'll do with myself in ten years. Dreaming epic dreams lately. Last night involved my ex-wife and an ex-friend in multiple locales I've never seen before.