Notices

why can't i stop???

Old 10-09-2007, 04:27 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Well said BP44 I experimented with controled drinking for about 5 years, always deciding "Oh yea, I got this under control." Funny thing I always seemed to wind up with in a week or 2 right back where I was or worse every time, until finally I had to drink every day, there was no longer a choice as to whether or not I was going to drink, I had to!

Pixel I hope for your sake you are a normal drinker, like I said I spent 5 years doing what you are doing right now, if you can control it then my hat is off to you, just keep in mind that if you find your control getting out of control we are still here.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

D on't
E ven
No
I
Am
Lying

Last edited by tanyapmc; 10-09-2007 at 01:42 PM. Reason: not lined up....oh well
Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Pixel is not lying I know her and she’s a great person
She had only a few drinks in her birthday
And a couple yesterday
I think she was confused like I was.
I’m not an alcoholic she is not an alcoholic
She said she’s not coming back to this forum
So I do to read some of you
I like reading and getting advice
Of some of you
But remember everybody is different
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

I know I am new here and everyone is coming from the best place in their hearts but everyone needs to decide for themselves where they are at with their drinking. It is one thing to say "Yeah, I tried controlled drinking and it didn't work for me" but I feel like some people are being a little harsh.

I feel like some of the comments would be more inclined to turn people away then bring them into the fold. She is at a point in her life where she needs to decide for herself whether she is an alcoholic or was nearing a stage of problem drinking. She may one day decide she can't control her drinking and by some of the responses I am not sure I would come back if I were in her shoes. Just because controlled drinking did not work for you doesn't mean it won't work for her. All we can do is share our experiences. I think we over-step when we start telling people what emotions or stages they are in.

She said she has been reading the board for a long time and if she does have a problem then even being here and reading other's experiences brings her closer to her sobriety or "control." There are a small amount of people that can control their drinking after having a problem drinking time in their life. The number is around 5-10%

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2587076.shtml

Anyhow, I just wanted to give a newbie, outside prospective on the approach that some are giving Pixel. I hope I haven't over stepped.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

No one has over stepped in their replies
and I know we all want a safe and healthy
future for each other.

As Paxil has left our group...
it's time to put this thread to bed.
I do hope she returns to share with us again.

Thanks Everyone