Notices

why can't i stop???

Old 10-03-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Sorry to hear you are felling bad, glad it is not withdrawals...... I am also glad I am not a woman!!! LOL

I have to say though I have wondered over the years if it may not be easier to have PMS then to live with 6 women in the same house all PMSing!!! LOL

I am so lucky right now.... I am down to 4!!!!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:10 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Sorry to hear you are felling bad, glad it is not withdrawals...... I am also glad I am not a woman!!! LOL

I have to say though I have wondered over the years if it may not be easier to have PMS then to live with 6 women in the same house all PMSing!!! LOL

I am so lucky right now.... I am down to 4!!!!
LOL i don't know what i'd do if there was another woman in the house, luckily i live with my husband and 2 sons. it would probably be murderous with more females, i can barely tolerate MYSELF :P.

we have a cat that just went into heat and she's getting fixed as soon as she's over it!!!!!!!

Last edited by pixel; 10-03-2007 at 06:20 AM. Reason: oops spelling
Old 10-03-2007, 06:35 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

we have a cat that just went into heat and she's getting fixed as soon as she's over it!!!!!!!
I have been through that, I will take a woman having severe PMS over that
Old 10-03-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

That so great Pixel ! im so happy for you
you are a really nice person im so happy to know you !

Im a mean B when i have my pms lol
my husband says when my daughter haves it whe can go back to spain ! i wish !! !
Old 10-03-2007, 08:00 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mar13 View Post
That so great Pixel ! im so happy for you
you are a really nice person im so happy to know you !

Im a mean B when i have my pms lol
my husband says when my daughter haves it whe can go back to spain ! i wish !! !
hahahahaha! well you do miss spain! when you go there i'll come visit you, cheap flights between here and there
Old 10-03-2007, 08:21 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

"............if anyone has any advice on how to quit on your own with no outside help..................."

i'm sure a lot of people have thrown out the bottle, swore to never drink again, and never did drink again
much like cigarettes
but, but, but
they are far and few inbetween
there are probably as many recovery stories as there are people
everyone is different
so
what to do?

well, AA worked for me
all i can do is carry the message
go to AA

best
fraankie
Old 10-03-2007, 04:32 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pixel View Post
hahahahaha! well you do miss spain! when you go there i'll come visit you, cheap flights between here and there
That sounds so great! Defiantly with have to meet
I have a nice friend there you have to meet, she’s American very sweet, and she’s married with a Spanish man.
Also I have an apartment there in the beach at just one step its beautiful!
I will send you a picture of the view whey have from 16 floor.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:49 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

day ummm..... i forgot hang on.... 5.

i've had no withdrawals, no cravings, nothing. yet. i am TERRIFIED of tomorrow, when i return to work. and then of saturday, when the in-laws visit. i'm glad i kept that stash of valium, going to keep it on hand in case of panic. i wish there was some hole i could crawl in for 6 weeks where only my husband and kids could find me, and the rest would leave me alone!!! i'm so weak in social situations.

hoping all will go well with the neurologist today...

if you don't hear from me tomorrow or saturday it's not necessarily because i caved, it will be hard to post from work and i don't usually get home until late, and saturday i need to clean before the in-laws come over. i will try to sneak in a post here and there at any rate to let you know if i made it or not.

wish me luck!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:07 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Stay strong Pixel..you can do this.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:09 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Keep in focus
Your SR chair will be waiting
when you manage to return.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:27 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

You can do it!
Old 10-04-2007, 07:37 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pixel View Post
day ummm..... i forgot hang on.... 5.

i've had no withdrawals, no cravings, nothing. yet. i am TERRIFIED of tomorrow, when i return to work. and then of saturday, when the in-laws visit. i'm glad i kept that stash of valium, going to keep it on hand in case of panic. i wish there was some hole i could crawl in for 6 weeks where only my husband and kids could find me, and the rest would leave me alone!!! i'm so weak in social situations.

hoping all will go well with the neurologist today...

if you don't hear from me tomorrow or saturday it's not necessarily because i caved, it will be hard to post from work and i don't usually get home until late, and saturday i need to clean before the in-laws come over. i will try to sneak in a post here and there at any rate to let you know if i made it or not.

wish me luck!
I know that, my mother in law loves to drink any excuse to be near me and open bottles of wine of course i dont say no
i know
but whey can do it !
Old 10-04-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Reading all your posts Pixel and i think you are doing brilliantly.My only therapy is on here(at the moment),but it has been a massive help.You have the top man Taz on the case, plus good advice from many others.Also what you are posting helps people like me,very best wishes.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:56 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIXEL !!!
I hope you have lotts of fun today in your birthday !!!
Old 10-04-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Old 10-07-2007, 07:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

ok so i didn't make it. my colleagues talked me into going out with them on my birthday and yeah i had a few but i didn't get wasted, and then had 2 drinks with my inlaws yesterday at dinner. honestly i don't really feel that badly about it though, i didn't overdo it. it wasn't an all-or-nothing sort of thing, and i have no cravings either.

after a week of not drinking (and a month of not smoking weed) my colleagues couldn't believe i was the same person as before i had my back injury, i realized that i like the sober person better.

so today, no drinking. i don't even really consider this square one again. not sure why, but i still feel pretty good even though i didn't abstain. i had a great time with my friends and family. i never want to go back to a life of drunk one day, hangover the next, drunk the next, hangover, rinse and repeat... or god forbid end up like some of the bums at central station who are drinking at 8:00 in the morning.

i'm not really sure what my plan is except that i'm not going to drink today. my husband doesn't think i'm an alcoholic, that it's all between my ears (he's not a big drinker and he's dutch so he has a pretty healthy european view on the subject - it's just part of life here), i just have to be careful not to overdo it.

but for now, back to abstaining.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Happy Late Birthday! I am glad you were able to control your drinking and didn't over do it.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm pleased to see you are liking the sober you

Belated
Old 10-07-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Interesting!!!! Your original post was about the inability to stop drinking. "Why can't I stop?" followed by a diatribe of reasons why you think you need to stop, followed by a number of reasons or excuses that solutions offered won't work for your unique situation. This latest post was about controlled drinking. When I experienced this it was what I have come to know as plain insanity. Keep doing the controlled drinking experiment and you will find out one of two things, either you are an alcoholic or you are a normal drinker. I will say this, normal drinkers don't have to control their drinking, it is natural to them. Normal drinkers generally don't come to sites seeking help with alcoholism. And none of us got here by eating too much chinese food. We got here because we were dying of a disease of mind, body and soul. We had lost the power to control alcohol, and our lives had become unmanageable. We were convinced that we were not like normal people. And never would be. We were also convinced that we would NEVER be able to drink like normal drinkers. There is a solution though. When you are ready and willing, help will be available. Let us know how the experiment works.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BP44 View Post
Interesting!!!! Your original post was about the inability to stop drinking. "Why can't I stop?" followed by a diatribe of reasons why you think you need to stop, followed by a number of reasons or excuses that solutions offered won't work for your unique situation. This latest post was about controlled drinking. When I experienced this it was what I have come to know as plain insanity. Keep doing the controlled drinking experiment and you will find out one of two things, either you are an alcoholic or you are a normal drinker. I will say this, normal drinkers don't have to control their drinking, it is natural to them. Normal drinkers generally don't come to sites seeking help with alcoholism. And none of us got here by eating too much chinese food. We got here because we were dying of a disease of mind, body and soul. We had lost the power to control alcohol, and our lives had become unmanageable. We were convinced that we were not like normal people. And never would be. We were also convinced that we would NEVER be able to drink like normal drinkers. There is a solution though. When you are ready and willing, help will be available. Let us know how the experiment works.
Normal drinkers can feel they drink more sometimes get worry and seek for help
Like coming to this forum
But after being here and reading some stories think I’m not an alcoholic
Like it’s my case
Cheers.