Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 3

Old 11-26-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soulpower89 View Post
Disappeared for awhile. Had beers with my friend this week. Clearly, I'm not taking it seriously enough. I'm going to finally pop in on an AA meeting in the next week. I feel so disappointed in myself and guilty, and I hate it. I don't know why it can't be easier to just accept. Went on a date last week and the guy asked me why I wasn't drinking, I didn't want to admit to a stranger that I was trying to quit drinking because of my history, so I said I was doing it for health reasons. Sigh. Anyway, I'm back. Hope to be more regular again.
Rats. Sorry to hear that but thanks for the reminder how it feels to relapse. That's helpful to me and maybe a lot of other people too.

Hope you get back on track soon.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:39 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice evening guys & a great day tomorrow
Old 11-26-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Just taking a second to check in. Still with my family....a few very dysfunctional members! There is no alcohol here but 1 or 2 of the family members are enough to make ANYONE want to drink! Ugh.

Oh well...just a few more hours....I will make it!

I just need to be extremely careful tomorrow! My AV will be telling me "Hey KiKi! You survived those dysfunctional family members so you deserve some drinks! PLUS it's Friday!"

I will not listen to my AV! I WON'T!

Well...gotta go eat pumpkin pie. Yum! I can't wait to check back in tonight & read everyone's posts! I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 11-26-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SwimKim12 View Post
Blondsober, keep pushing! You can do this! Play the tape through...drinking will take you somewhere you don't want to go. My thoughts are with you.
Thank you for posting this SwimKim. "Play the tape through" is extremely helpful advice for me. I like that. AV is starting to whisper, as it always does between 2-4pm...when I play the tape through after I stop on my way home to get a bottle of wine....nothing good comes of that. I will wake up sometime in the middle of the night after consuming the whole bottle and feel like a piece of crap dealing with the shame and guilt and hopelessness of it all....nope...nothing good at all. No thank you...
Old 11-26-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Just checking in on day 27
Thank you for all your kind words yesterday guys, much appreciated!
Old 11-26-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soulpower89 View Post
Disappeared for awhile. Had beers with my friend this week. Clearly, I'm not taking it seriously enough. I'm going to finally pop in on an AA meeting in the next week. I feel so disappointed in myself and guilty, and I hate it. I don't know why it can't be easier to just accept. Went on a date last week and the guy asked me why I wasn't drinking, I didn't want to admit to a stranger that I was trying to quit drinking because of my history, so I said I was doing it for health reasons. Sigh. Anyway, I'm back. Hope to be more regular again.
Good to have you back Soulpower!
Old 11-26-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by onetimeless View Post
Today is day 20. I'm almost three whole weeks in!! Crazy for me to believe. Feels absolutely amazing. I am at the point where I'm craving again, all this free time and wouldn't it just be nice to drink while I'm doing all this? NO! It wouldn't. The thought of drinking continues to make me a bit nauseous. I have anxiety about not having full control over my words or actions. Finally! I'm breaking into a point where being intoxicated scares me more than satisfies me. I've been waiting for this moment.

My friends are starting to realize I've completely quit (I started out with "hey guys, 30 day detox ahead") and will not be joining in on drunken shenanigans. I've come to realize who really cares and who is out for the fun. I am so utterly thankful today for those around me who appreciate who I am as a sober being. Also.. the thirty day detox idea was a great way to start. I'm no longer in the habit of going out and I'd much rather be home and asleep by ten. That was the best way for me to start. After one sober week I realized how badly alcohol had affected my body and am now on a full adventure to Sobertown.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! Eat lots of food!!
20 days is awesome!
Old 11-26-2015, 01:31 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tufty13 View Post
Hello all, happy Thanksgiving to all those who are celebrating. Happy Thursday to all those who aren't.

I'm checking in on my day 25. I've got a tough three weeks coming up as I'm going to be alone for the first time since rediscovering my sober self.

My daughters have gone to stay with their mum and won't be back until the week before Christmas so I'm going to have to be super-vigilant as I know my AV will see this as a great opportunity to get the upper hand.

Stay sober class mates.
congrats on 25 days, keep going!
Old 11-26-2015, 01:34 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

have you considered not dating for a little while, soulpower89 - just until you feel more confident in your 'non-drinker' status?

I think not going to the bar is a great decision for your recovery Rah

Hang in there Blond - there's nothing so bad a drink can't make ten times worse. No such thing as 'one drink' for us.

D
Old 11-26-2015, 01:41 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

Hang in there Blond - there's nothing so bad a drink can't make ten times worse. No such thing as 'one drink' for us.

D
I will second that!

You can do this Blondsober
Old 11-26-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Evening all.

In a really pissed off and low mood. Mainly from pain, as I have a muscle problem in my bum and it's playing up ATM.

Trying to remain upbeat. Heck, I haven't drunk today. I can be grateful for that.

Other than that, I just feel despondent. I don't want to drink. I know it won't help. However, now that desolation that is my life is just so sharp without anything to talk it away. I'm overeating. A very bad idea, as I started the road to full blown alcoholism when I recovered from bulimia. I cannot go back to those days either.

I just feel at a lose end.

On the plus side, I will meet with my sponsor in the morning. We just need to agree a time.

So I'm going to head to bed, get some good quality sleep, (still a revelation and my body wants lots of it!) and tick off today.

Onwards and upwards! Sv x
Old 11-26-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will get better snowvelvet - this is early recovery - it's a transitional phase...'recovery' is something quite different

D
Old 11-26-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread

for those of you who are new, this thread will move to the Daily Support forum at the beginning of December.

Nothing else will change, and I'll make sure there are plenty of redirect links so people can find us

join us here for Part 4:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D