View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Thumbelina

Originally Posted by onetimeless View Post
Today is day 20. I'm almost three whole weeks in!! Crazy for me to believe. Feels absolutely amazing. I am at the point where I'm craving again, all this free time and wouldn't it just be nice to drink while I'm doing all this? NO! It wouldn't. The thought of drinking continues to make me a bit nauseous. I have anxiety about not having full control over my words or actions. Finally! I'm breaking into a point where being intoxicated scares me more than satisfies me. I've been waiting for this moment.

My friends are starting to realize I've completely quit (I started out with "hey guys, 30 day detox ahead") and will not be joining in on drunken shenanigans. I've come to realize who really cares and who is out for the fun. I am so utterly thankful today for those around me who appreciate who I am as a sober being. Also.. the thirty day detox idea was a great way to start. I'm no longer in the habit of going out and I'd much rather be home and asleep by ten. That was the best way for me to start. After one sober week I realized how badly alcohol had affected my body and am now on a full adventure to Sobertown.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! Eat lots of food!!
20 days is awesome!