Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Notices

Welcome to TOD's clean time! (was ' TOD One Year Clean!')

Old 08-11-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Do your best

Looks amazing Tod x
Old 08-12-2016, 04:19 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Tod!!!
Old 08-13-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by four812 View Post
Tod!!!
FOUR!!!!!!

Hello! How the heck are you?
Old 08-13-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Timebuster!

Hmmmmmmm I see these little words on my phone, but they are all scrambled and read nonsense! Could it be because you're complaining?

I'm BUSY! I'm either checking under my eyelids, chasing chickens, checking out the new barn or out at 4:00 AM watching the star show!

I still love ya!

TOD
Old 08-13-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hiya Tod x
Old 08-15-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi ya Soberwolf!

Chickies say for ya to have a nice day!

TOD
Old 09-05-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I wanted to let those PPL know that have listened to my stories about chickens for a few years and enjoyed them?

Our precious little Maria with the huge personality passed away this morning at 6:30 AM! Jethro made her a wooden casket. He wrapped her in one of her little pink blankets and placed her in the casket. He couldn't hardly bring himself to nail it shut. I patiently stood there w/o saying a word while he cried while holding the nail and hammer at the ready! I couldn't stop my tears either!

After he got her casket nailed shut he picked the little box up and held it in his arm like he did Maria! He put her back in the house and then got the tractor to dig her grave. When it was dug he came inside and got the casket. He told me to come on! He put the casket in the hole and then stood there with the shovel unable to cover it up! Finally he started shoveling dirt.

We loved her sooooo much it's a real pain in our chests to lose her! We both will miss every little thing she did. She kept us in lots of laughter and lots of loving! She is the little hen in my Avatar picture!

TOD
Old 09-06-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 09-06-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

OMG I am crying. I am really going to miss Maria. Smh my heart is so broken. Love you dear one.

RIP Maria, Mommy and dad and the rest of us are going to miss you.

Hugs
TB
Old 09-06-2016, 04:08 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
OMG I am crying. I am really going to miss Maria. Smh my heart is so broken. Love you dear one.

RIP Maria, Mommy and dad and the rest of us are going to miss you.

Hugs
TB
TB? We have cried so many tears around here we should be floating away! I just can't believe she's gone! Our lives evolved around her 24/7!

Jethro went to take his nap and just started crying! Maria always took a nap with him. Then he got me to crying! Ugh! It's amazing how that little one pound wonder had the both of us wrapped so tightly around her little toe! And yes she had a little toe. Silkies have five toes!

She could make the smallest sound and both of us would check on her. She wanted for nothing!

I'm thinking though she had this planned! She knew there was going to be another runt baby hatching that needed a good home! And thru miracles working there's one arriving Friday here! Her 5 day old sister is coming with her. She's a teeny tiny little bitty thing! Just like Maria was! I'll explain more later!

TOD
Old 09-08-2016, 12:23 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

There was a flood in Louisiana. I had a woman want to be friends with me on FB that has chickens too. We've really hit it off! I decide to donate to help out in the flooded area. I start looking around for someone to send the donation too and come across a name. I message her and we get to talking about all sorts of things. Come to find out she has a hatchery! Then Maria gets sick and passes! This woman has already donated a bunch of her chickens to the flood victims because they lost so many of their chickens in the flood. She doesn't hesitate to say she's sending me a chick! WOW! I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth and start making selections, but I needed her to know what sort of chick Jethro needed, because of the type of interaction he and Maria had. And I apologized profusely to her for it. I was just about ready to tell her no thanks when she found the runt in the cage. Bingo! That's right up Jethro's alley! Now she just had to check to see if it was a hen? Bingo! It's a GIRL! Send HER! Jethro is going to be a daddy again! He's smiling underneath his tears! The little runt and her sister were born on August 31st. Maria passed on Sep 5th.

Now we know why Maria passed! This little tike is going to need two loving parent's to give it special care in order to survive! Things happen for a reason! There's no explaining them! They just happen! I feel Maria is sitting on my dad's lap in Heaven watching everything unfold down here! She's no longer blind and is a fat healthy hen again.

Yesterday she sent me a picture of a teeny tiny 5 day old baby! It's a runt and is going to be taken out of the cage due to the others running it over! Oh My! Same story with Maria! It's going to need special care and be watched closely! The one beside it is also coming with the little one! She doesn't ship one baby by itself! We know the runt is a little hen. She told me today the bigger chick is also a hen! So the original black chick is no longer coming. The runt is! I showed Jethro the picture, told him that's his new little girl and he started crying. He walked off smiling!

And the cute thing? Is how that little one has her head turned just like Maria used to do as if to say: "Look? See how cute I am?"

Jethro and I both believe there are reasons for things happening! When Maria was a two month old little girl she was a tiny little thing. Her three siblings wouldn't let her eat and were always running over her! So that's how we started babying her and carrying her around. Every evening while waiting on Jethro to make his hour drive home? I'd take the four of them outside and sit with them so they'd have some yard time. Around dark-thirty little Maria was always the first one to jump in my lap. Soon after Jethro would pull up! So I started having him sit in the chair with Maria in his lap so I could go start supper! Then when he got laid off? I had him takeover completely! That's how they got so close! Then became so pampered!

These babies will never replace Maria or even take her place! She will always hold a special place in our hearts! Just like so many other special feathered kids we've had! Each one has their own personalities and their own ways!

Our precious little girl, Maria! Rest in peace! We will see you again!

TOD
Old 09-08-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Tod :-(
Sorry about Maria
And good luck with your new one!
Old 09-08-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 09-08-2016, 10:43 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about Maria's passing. So happy to hear you're doing well. Congrats on your clean time!

Love from Lenina
Old 09-08-2016, 11:36 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
Sorry to hear about Maria's passing. So happy to hear you're doing well. Congrats on your clean time!

Love from Lenina
Thanks Lenina!

Yes I'm doing well and so is Jethro! He was a happy, excited man last week! I had him a large shop built he can now work out of! Then we lost our little Maria! He's been walking around lost!

With the new babies coming in a few hours? His spirit is lifting! They are 40 minutes away from us right now! We'll get a phone call to pick them up when they reach our PO. We'll get them picked up and then a few hours later we're going to our Grandson's school for Grandparent's Day! Gonna be a busy day! It's truly a wonderful thing to be clean and off the drugs. Life is so much better now!

Death of pets and PPL can knock us to our knees! It's okay to stay there for a time. But at some point we have to get up! I'm really grateful to my Angel that out of the blue said: "I'm going to give you a silkie baby!" And it's a little runt just like Jethro's little runt Maria was! He can't wait to hold her in his hands! The bigger chick will probably wind up being a Momma's girl, like Molly is! Little Sherry is just Sherry! LOL She'll be fine with the both of us!

Thank you for the condolences on Maria! I kept many on here entertained with stories about her! Now there's a new chapter to start in our lives with two new babies as we continue our clean lives to boot!

TOD
Old 09-13-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by four812 View Post
Tod :-(
Sorry about Maria
And good luck with your new one!
Thank you Four! It's been an extremely rough week for me and Jethro! Especially Jethro!

I miss getting up to my daily hugs and sugars I shared with her! She would make the sweetest little sounds while I was doing that!

TOD
Old 09-13-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I introduced the babies to Sherry to see if she'd accept them! And she has! They are just too tiny to be holding very much now! They both fit in Jethro's T-shirt pocket if that gives you and idea as to their sizes?

Jethro and I both are still heavily grieving our little Maria! Having her in our lives for 6 years means she was everywhere on the property and in the house. So of course there's lot's of memories to work thru and grieve over!

I have times where I hurt physically from the thought of she's really gone! I don't cry in front of Jethro either! He's hurting enough as it is!

If you have a pet that you deeply love? Then y'all know what it's like for us losing Maria? It just takes our breath away at times! Jethro and I both are clean too. We are feeling these sorrows and pains with wide awake feelings.

Hug your pets for us and thank whoever you still have them!

TOD
Old 09-14-2016, 12:50 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Today I finally decided what to name the babies! The runt is: Brandi! The other babe is: Natasha! Sherry is now a proud Momma of these two little babes. They also have adopted her as their Momma!

Molly has been really pouty since Maria passed! Jethro has been setting her on his shoulder and behind himself on the couch! I'm also giving her lots of loving too! Maria and Molly were never buds per se`, but they kept each other company in the living room! Molly is also 6 years old! Or at least that's how long we've had her. She was given to us as an adult hen! I'm trying to give her as much attention as I can! I've had chickens die from grieving themselves to death!

These little feathered kids have been my savior while I was strung out on pain pills and then getting off them! I'm a little over two years clean now and these little peeps mean the world to us! That's why I talk about them so much here on the Thread! They give me Peace and comfort! They give me a reason for getting up and staying busy during the day/night! I can't imagine where I'd be w/o them?

TOD
Old 09-14-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome pics xx
Old 12-25-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

Wanted to drop by and tell everyone Merry Christmas and to have a Happy New Year!

I read a few of my last posts and see I need to update on a few things! I hate to leave PPL wondering!

Our little runt Brandi turned out to be a little Roo which we named Brandon! He's going thru the hard knocks school of being taught to behave himself. Now that he knows he's a little BOY! LOL He's no longer the little runt! He's a big boy!

The bigger chick turned out to be a little hen! Tasha is super sweet, very soft to the touch and loves our attention we give her! Brandon is also a sweet little boy, when he's behaving himself! He'll learn! I've had too many little Roo Silkies go thru this before! Tasha prefers to spend her time away from him, can't blame her! He's snatching feathers every chance he gets! So we've started separating them during the day. They are still close to each other, just not in the same enclosure! They still sleep together under their fuzzy blanket though.

December 14th I had all but two teeth pulled! Yeah! Not fun! The bottom two teeth were left as anchors for my bottom denture. Yes I was given pain meds. And thank God I got them. I really don't think I could have had a good outcome w/o them. Besides the teeth being pulled I had the top gums shaved back to the bone on both sides. I'm not having any issues with going crazy taking the pain meds. I had 2 yrs, four months clean when I had the surgery! I have a few pills left and will be okay when they are gone! I don't consider this a relapse either. I had a major surgery! Pain meds were needed. Now if I were to run out and start collecting pain meds any way I could to take them after these few are gone? Yeah! I'd consider that a relapse. My battle will be getting the temporary dentures to fit so my permanent ones can be perfect when they come out of the frame! I'll be showing up at my Mom's house Christmas Day w/o the dentures in my mouth! Should be fun dealing with everyone teasing me. That's just how my family is! We don't let anyone sit around pouting over things. I have broad shoulders! I can take it! And besides! Paybacks a "B"! LOL

I had to have this procedure done due to my gums getting severely infected! I've tried to always take good care of my teeth. The thousands I've spent on them should attest to that! But the worse the infection got and the misery I've lived with for years just did me in. I had reached a point I just didn't want to do anything, go anywhere, etc. Most of my top teeth had gotten so loose I had to be really careful while eating and choose wisely what I ate or they'd fall out in my mouth! I finally gave up and had them pulled. I've been working on losing weight for a long time, but this is NOT the way I wanted to go about it! To give you an example? Take a piece of corn kernel in your mouth and try to mush it up with your tongue on the roof of your mouth. Can't do it can you? Well neither can I and I have no teeth to chew it up! Everything has to go in a mixer to puree' in order for me to eat it. Ugh! I wanted a taco so badly the other day that I put the whole thing in the mixer and ate it that way! Jethro cooked himself a couple of hamburgers a couple days ago. Oh Man! They smelled SOOOO good! Sigh! Mom made me homemade potato soup! I had to smash the little diced potatoes up in order to eat it.

We were sitting at the table eating. Well he was eating! I was spooning mush! I asked him if he'd gotten the sunflower chips for the kids? I couldn't get the word sunflower to come out just right though! I finally said: "Damn that's a hard word to pronounce!" I looked at Jethro and he was doing his damndest not to bust out laughing! I smacked him on the arm and then I started laughing too! I told him: "Go ahead! Laugh! Your days coming! Paybacks a "B"! He laughed even harder!

Jethro started working on his shop a few days after Maria passed! He was a man bent on a mission! I left him alone. He was dealing with his grief in working. I was dealing with my grief in my own way! He's pretty much got his shop set up the way he wants it. I keep telling him he's still got stuff in my porch room and in the house that needs to go out there. He says he's not going to clutter his shop up! Okie Dokie Buddy! He's going to find that stuff on the doorstep of his shop or his barn. He can choose what to do with it! LOL Once I start feeling better and can bend over to pick stuff up, w/o my mouth throbbing like crazy? I'm going to start moving things around here. The back porch has a lot of stuff on it that's been waiting on the shop too! Well it's here now and all that stuff's going to be moved too! Let's just say Jethro isn't going to be too happy with me!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Day! We'll be celebrating with family. The weather temp here will be 70 degrees! So many others are having snow! I just have to say we can't have everything we want. I can't control the weather!

Stay Clean! Enjoy your sobriety!

TOD